Author Topic: Model Presentation Thread  (Read 29596 times)

Jakethief

Model Presentation Thread
« on: January 15, 2007, 07:16:50 PM »
The Unofficial Model Presentation Thread

Since we don't have one already, I will just make this until we get an official thread. Post your new or old models here, or tell people what you think of there models.

I will start off with one I just made, it is a double-bladed sword. Probably too new-aged for most of the mods here but oh well. It might work in something like the Star Wars mod. Anyway it was fun to make.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 12:24:22 AM by Jakethief »

Offline Fisheye

• Blues Brother
  • Guildsman
  • My scalp's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
    • View Profile
Re: Model Presentation Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 07:21:23 PM »
I think this whole forum is a model presentation thread.... anyone can start a thread for their model collection.

Nice sword... blades look great but the handle could use some detail (could just map it to any of the handle textures on weapons1.dds).

How do the polearm animations look on it? Did you check to see if you end up gripping the blade or stabbing yourself?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 07:23:27 PM by Fisheye »

Jakethief

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 07:26:46 PM »
I'm not sure about animations, also I havn't succesfully even gotten a weapon ingame yet.

Also, I was just doing this like the thread at the talesworld forums, I know everyone can post and threads they want to, but if they just want to post a model and see how everyone think of it they can do that here. If everyone disagrees with the thread it can easily be closed.

Thanks and yeah I wanted to texture the handle better but I have bad experiences with handles. If its got a pattern, then its way off center, so I just stick with the basic handle now. I will try to do better though once I get better.

Jakethief

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 06:41:24 PM »
Check this out. I first made this orcish ( a bit orcish I guess ) throwing daggers for Bryce777's mod. So I thought it would look good as a two-handed sword also so I made two of them.

Daggers:

Sword:

Leprechaun

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 03:27:10 AM »
Hey, they're nice!

Jakethief

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 06:25:05 AM »
Thank you  :D

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 08:46:16 AM »
I can't quite tell from the screenshots, but have you tried messing around with having some edges render soft and some render hard? It can make a huge difference in how the model looks. I just figured this out recently and is one of the things I am redoing for my models in Darkmod.

Offline Highelf

• Not Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 09:06:53 AM »
Fun models :

(Both made in Wings3D)

I've also worked on a fictional (But comepletely functional -- everything has been thought out, including organ systems and behaviour and such.) alienoid creature a bit, and I'm planning to eventually animate and texture it (And model everything, like organs etc.)

I didn't work on it much more after about 80% done in Wings, do it's not worth taking screenshots of yet.

Hundreds of other models are for Mount and Blade. (Mostly Fantasy mod.)

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 12:11:50 PM »
Highelf-

:shock: animate that lizard/dragon mount thing and I'll stick it in darkmod! :D Very nicely done model.

Jakethief

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 03:27:53 PM »
I can't quite tell from the screenshots, but have you tried messing around with having some edges render soft and some render hard? It can make a huge difference in how the model looks. I just figured this out recently and is one of the things I am redoing for my models in Darkmod.

If I find out how to do that then yeah I'll give it a try. I want them to look as good as they can.

And Highelf... Those are amazing  :shock:

Offline Raz

• Deus Vult Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 09:52:20 AM »
Highelf-

:shock: animate that lizard/dragon mount thing and I'll stick it in darkmod! :D Very nicely done model.
Would you want to texture it :p?

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 05:26:02 PM »
Highelf-

Would you want to texture it :p?

perhaps I would...however its a very high poly model so it would have to be just for a boss or something and hence not quite as high on my to do list. That said I would definitely get around to it eventually. You offering to do the animation? :D

Offline Raz

• Deus Vult Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 03:47:18 AM »
Heh sure. It's the fun part ;) (kinda)

DaBlade

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 11:22:58 AM »
I can't see a topic for textures presentation, so I'll put this here.

I have this texture for the black armor, if someone has any use for it, PM me and I'll send it over.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 02:17:36 AM »
My llama head :) (it's actually a were-llama). Probably not for use in MaB :D

http://sweb.cz/synnaskole/LLAMA.jpg

the picture is kinda bigger..
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)