login

Author Topic: porting to 0.960/1.00 GUARDIANS PARTY 3.0.  (Read 14076 times)

Offline nema

• ... what nema made was outside reality...
    • View Profile
    • Guardians party
porting to 0.960/1.00 GUARDIANS PARTY 3.0.
« on: October 04, 2007, 07:42:11 AM »
Simply porting doesn't work, so I must put inside everything step by step ???

Allready ported:

GP map:
My old map with all new towns...

GP sounds
girls, weapons...

GP textures:
desert
walls
skies

GP rase:
goblins
desert elfs
elfs
undeads (it is not enough just to open them >:()

Now you can start with 4 races, male and female  :)(not as undead)
races have their kingdomes

GP weapons:
done

GP towns:
done

GP quests:
some of them

GP characters:

nema         (troops master) dialog
Mahliqua     (trade master) dialog
Basheera    (horse master) dialog
Tayyibah    (travel master) dialog
Durdana     (healing master) dialog

priestess Assayah (just dream)

guardians sisters
guardians brothers
darkness
shadow knights

GP codes:

new short code for prisoners recruiting

GP other staff

always visible chest banner :)
RCM for native

« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 12:59:05 AM by nema »

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
Re: porting to 892
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 06:30:13 AM »
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 02:31:40 PM by nema »

StoneHenge

Re: porting to 892
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 07:36:43 AM »

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
Re: porting to 894 GUARDIANS PARTY 2.0.BETA
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 02:35:19 PM »
GUARDIANS PARTY 2.0 BETA download

Here you can find beta version of 894 version of GP

Please report BUGS

Quests:

Find 7 sisters, members of the holy order
Equip yourself from chests
Participate in On trainings
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 03:55:26 AM by nema »

Zhuge Liang

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 09:06:37 AM »
I like your overall crazy mod, now with 894 it has even more potential and if work on it continues and it is further improved, I am certain it can become very good.

There are balancing issues, now instead of making things weaker, I propose the opposite direction, that way is a lot more fun and increases the inhuman feel of your character!

While it is obvious that later non guardian like troops are just cannon fodder, there is a miss of truly strong enemies. Really strong new Shadows maybe Shadow Lords, Banelords (for undead) should be added, they should be few, but just slaughter anyone else with insane madness...
Best weapon in the game with 120+ damage, 220 reach and decent speed, did cost 1200 Dinar? Seems like a bug.

Love the transparent and other new armors, weapons + ability to look through matter/ walk through solid objects, you shouldnt change this, make more of it instead.
Larger groups, you are the one with inhuman like powers, so a more massive scale of action can easily be introduced.

Most quests seem bugged and do not work that good if at all. Like no imprisoned mother to rescue.

Why cant you join the Shadow Armies and wreck even more havoc to the lands?  Most of my party consists of captured Shadows/Undeads!
Mortal interest do not have to concern someone like you after all! So one should be able to turn to the dark side. Power corrupts easily and quickly...

You should add Bandit Kings Mod ability to create your own kingdom, resist everyone else and conquer the whole world. Would be great to face more and more resistance the further you build your kingdom.

Power is there to be used, either for your own benefit or the greater good. What one chooses is up to himself. 

My last advise is to be careful and not to get slaughtered by some Shadows.

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party

Zhuge Liang

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 07:48:35 AM »
Things often go slower than one might hope and often that is not easy to change either.

My idea with "balance" was just to provide more challenge once you progressed somewhat and became completely superior to the human/goblin forces. Not necessary real balance.

I would leave the normal Shadows like now, just a bit faster. Instead add a higher tier Shadow troop with maybe level 42 and much higher wp than the rest, around 280?
With larger troops and some stronger and faster Shadows, I guess it already would be more challenging and fun.

If every Shadow/Darkness is made much stronger, it would probably be a problem when you capture and recruit them... with only a few very strong ones, its unlikely that you can get more than a few at best and it would be a huge adventure just to try.

I would not worry for native balance, it would not work well with the mod idea to begin with and humans/goblins are just that...
how can they later be any treat, if not only in great overwhelming numbers?

Dont know if it would fit in well with what you plan though.

About Nahual, I checked in the prison there, but no one was in it. I also noticed that the "lord" you talk about her and buy her from, wasn't there either. There are no such "lord" people in 894 anymore, that could be the problem.

What kind of help with the python code do you need? Maybe I can take a quite look from my cottage.

Once Bandit King is developed more, many mods can benefit from parts of it, its not really hard to incorporate, so once the next version is released taking a look is surely worth it.

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 08:46:26 AM »
I hope that you have last version. Version G:P: 2.0. no.5. from Nov. 16.?

I add mother in the prison and also dialog to Nagual's lord. But it is true that guard denied that someone is in prison. But if you give him some money...

Please, try again.

I check possibility of town besieges. There are many things changed in Bandit Kings code. It is hard to find what lead to desired result...
I take second half of modul_game_menuse.py(there I didn't change anything in my code) and all scripts.py(+my lines). It looks like that it works, but I didn't check siege battle yet.

If you want to help me, I will be very happy.

(Ah, it works. There is a little problems with scene and villages on map and with players banner but it will work. I will talk with Bandit Kings moders :))

« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 09:32:19 AM by nema »

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 01:50:21 AM »
I have another one, loot sorting from BoW(fisheye), he even gave easy instructions here http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,43.msg79.html#msg79 .

I put this idea here for easy finding. I will check it.

Looks like GP is still meeting point for many ideas... (heh, the only problem is porting to highest versions :()

Sieges must be checking a little, but I thing it will work and I got nox's permission for use. :)

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 08:51:32 AM »
Please check ver beta6

I add:

sieges of all towns
undead armies
undead armies quest
Darkness and Shadow Knights are stronger and faster (Attributes up to 60 under Ahadhran suggestion)

Dialogs are debuged and cleaned for reality of new version. (especially  Astral Portal trainer)

Zhuge Liang

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 09:36:26 AM »
I took a quick look at the new version, I see some of my advise has been put to good use already, but I also noticed some obvious problems!

Bandit King assign villages to nearest castle, now most villages on the map belong to neutral because of the guardian "castles".
Maybe you can add a condition "not equal to" in the script for the guardian castles?
Or you can just add a few new castles for the factions and move the villages a bit so they are closer to a faction castle.

#nema's add from BOW START
#          (call_script, "script_sort_inventory", "trp_temp_troop"),

#nema's add from BOW END

Why not enable it, if already put in? ;)

Just as I  thought so powerful Shadow Knights and Darknesses are a big problem, now I captured just 12 Shadows and 3 Darknesses, 
and no human or goblin city/castle could resist them. I can sit back and watch the slaughter from safe distance.
(I lost most of my former army while capturing them, but the gain was still way to high and once you have a few shadows you can get more even faster.)
Not that you need more...

But it would be pretty sad to set them to tf_allways_fall_dead too... but the question is would they serve you to begin with?
Probably not, so maybe it is still the right way. Or what are your ideas?

Another advise: I would remove the recruit via dialog thing, it is very annoying, if I capture only 10 enemies I have to click countless times!
What if I now capture 40 or even more?
But no need to worry, the native script can easily be changed to allow recruiting of a whole prisoner stake within a second.

If you want I can give you the modified script for unlimited and instant recruiting without any drawbacks. ;)

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 02:44:58 AM »
I will replace some castles if you think.

Ah, bow code. It is for 808. There must be changed something for 894 I think. As it is now, it doesn't work, that's why I disable it temporary.
I fix it now, I hope. I will see it it works.

If you have modified script for unlimited and instant recruiting, please send it or put it here. :)

What do you say if we give Shadows to all cities or troops?
They are beyond good and evil and are loyal to their owners. (heh, must be good job for nema. She rise and sell them from shadow knights)

What if I remove blunt weapons? Maybe this is good idea.

But maybe we have better balance before?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 04:33:25 AM by nema »

Zhuge Liang

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 07:15:46 AM »
Hmm I put the inventory sort script into my mod and it worked perfectly? I think if it doesn't work, there must be something else wrong.
Does nothing happen at all, or is there some kind of error?

Maybe Shadows can't be recruited from prisoners at all, but must be converted by nema, which costs a lot of money.
But nema wouldn't sell them to your enemies, would she? ;)

The human/goblin factions should probably hire some guardians then its harder to fight them. In 808 Version there were more guardians around.

Then blunt weapons can remain and you need to get troops somewhere after all. ;)

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 08:10:57 AM »
I add   ["temp_array_c","temp_array_c","temp_array_c",tf_hero|tf_inactive, 0,reserved,  fac_neutral,[],def_attrib|level(18),wp(60),knows_common, 0],
to module_troop.py and now is everything OK.

I fixed villages ( also names), arenas and some dialogs.
I remove all blunt weapons, except one. We will see if it is enough. (if you need troops, rise them with nema's help - refugees)
Kingdoms troops have now some guardians brothers (some times darkness)

/Maybe Shadows can't be recruited from prisoners at all, but must be converted by nema, which costs a lot of money.
But nema wouldn't sell them to your enemies, would she? / maybe next time, lets we try what we have now.

I will send .py files to you, but since I reduce prisoners to minimum...

Yes - check version beta 8. I will upload it now.

Zhuge Liang

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 10:29:46 AM »
Good to see another version already.

I liked the prisoner hunting, but I guess it will now be a lot more challenging to play.
I am curious to see how it turns out.

Hmm if nearly no prisoners around anymore... not much use for the script.
You still want it?

Maybe you can offer patches for old version, so people don't have to redownload everything?
33MB can be much for some and the download speed from the Repository has seen better times too.  ???

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 06:33:42 AM »
Heh, must be that if you have to many shadow knight and darkness troops something like turn to the dark side.

Now I remember that I have same problem with version 1. I also reduced blunt weapons, but 894 is something complete different as 808.
Maybe it will works.

Scripts? Yes you can send it any way. Will  you mark begining and end of the changes for me?

(I thinking that this time I hide some blunt weapons and not abacus shields as in former version.
You can use them for some time, but you must give them away by the time, to finish some quest. Maybe healer can take them for your inventory if you have them there...
Guardians chests will be fine for such things hiding
I will prepare 10 of them for each guardians place.
Merchants need dialog line for chest instructions.

I will not use one chest for all inns, because in this version someone steel things from it ???.
This can be a dialog line for taverns keepers.

I also must repair astral portal dialog at initial choose...

Maybe fighters in arenas need some strongest armors...

I forgot one village but maybe one can stay independent...)

Patches are interesting ideas.
 Any way, while work is in progress patches can be useful. I don't have relay evidence about the changes, so I will take a care about them since now.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:18:52 AM by nema »

Zhuge Liang

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 05:19:43 AM »
I like the idea, when you lead a lot shadow knights and darkness, it corrupts you. Then you can try to resist and stay how you are or give into the darkness and join them...
If you decide to join them, they will become friendly to you, but everyone else becomes hostile?
Maybe then there are strong troops send after you to hunt? If not... it could be to easy.

I see the one blunt weapon was the one from nema. I got that one to begin with.  ;)

Never played that many arena matches, but I think they were a bit to easy, so stronger armor could be a good idea.

I sent the files and added a comment where I changed something.

For patches most of the time only adding all the text files and changed/new models/textures, should be enough to decrease the size a lot.

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 07:08:41 AM »
Thanks for files. I will check them. :)

#I like the idea, when you lead a lot shadow knights and darkness, it corrupts you. Then you can try to resist and stay how you are or give into the darkness and join them...
If you decide to join them, they will become friendly to you, but everyone else becomes hostile? #
Nice idea, do you think that it is possible to programing this?
Maybe as new kingdom. In midtime I prepared Guardians kingdom, so you have notes about their towns ( On, Tower of the lake ...) now.
Maybe I can also prepared Dark Knights kingdom.

By the way, I also made that all races and genders walking now on cities...

Ah, 900 is out.  :-\ Khm, well....

I will put together what I have for 894 and then... I will see...

Yeah, one blunt weapon is from nema. I suggest that she take it. I believe that you are too weak. That's how I use that one.

Zhuge Liang

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 08:07:34 AM »
My pleasure. ;)

What would really be nice is if the "Dark Knight" Kingdom had ruin like castles that remain dormant(neutral and no ones there...) till later in game and if you have many "dark troops" they might tell you about the castles and they become available, now when you go to one of the castles, if you please the "dark lord" of the castle( do quests, hunt enemies...) and have enough "dark troops" you can decide to give in to your dark side and join them. ( I see no real problems, just takes time to do, I guess!) The dormant castles are a bit like Dhorak Keep from 750 Version.

When you decide to join the "Dark Knights" everyone else becomes hostile and they become friendly, they would probably need some cities(or something similar) too.
They probably should decide to launch an even stronger and more organized attack on the country? (This would be easy to do.) Else if everyone turns against you... that would be rough, without any fighting allies.  ;)

Or you can decide to fight them, maybe the other factions see that this new enemy is to strong if they don't join forces and fight against the common enemy that destroys and corrupts the land?

This would provide much challenge and different options for long.

What do you think about it? I haven't played 900 much, so I don't know how all this fits together with the new version and the changes. I still don't see any downside to any of this, only that it takes work and time.  ::)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 08:14:07 AM by Zhuge Liang »

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 10:48:46 AM »
900?

I found new skills,
some funny quest for cowboys - heh - you will see...
some old quests given by new quest givers.
Improved villages with walkers and quest givers.
New interesting map....

and of course old versions doesn't works.
If nothing else, there is something wrong with human skeletons animations...

And I already found some bugs. Well. This time I will wait until stable 9xx version.
It is wasting of time to port over and over again as I done, for 892, 893, 894. ???

But in midtime I can see what is new.

Yeah, Shadow kingdom will work fine.

I have Dhorak keep for 808 as Abbey, and I can also use Seff castle. It will be enough for beginning.
But as I see, now is time for planing and preparing a story.
After that, it will be easy.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 04:01:30 AM by nema »

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
Re: porting to 901 GUARDIANS PARTY 2.0.BETA
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 07:50:49 AM »
Patches for   BETA 9  for 901

http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=6&lid=594

Just replace .txt files

---------------------------------------------

I move my old module_ files from 894 module system to modul sistem for 901. (and my changed headers_  files)
From 901 I take just:

module_animations.py

and

module_skills.py

ant it works.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 08:06:16 AM by nema »

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007, 07:56:18 AM »
if you will check I put beta10 upgrade to download.
http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=6&lid=594

I made limit 4 shadow knights or 4 darkness troop.
If you will have 5 or more, such troops, undeads become friendly, all others will not like you any more.
And of course you can recruit your prisoners from camp from beta9 to up.

Zhuge Liang

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2007, 03:57:07 PM »
How is it coming along? Hadn't much time lately.

Hope all is going well.  :)

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
Re: porting to 903 GUARDIANS PARTY 2.0.BETA
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 06:55:06 AM »
Yeah, I prepared version 11 for 903. It is not just simply porting from 894.
(there is no upgrade patch. I worked all over the files(sounds, scenes, skins, txt...)

I add guardians kingdom at its full work...

some things are a little bit different now.
I use your modification of code.

Thanks.
But i have problems with porting siege system without marks.
I prepare my version of same, but some little problem I resolve with old code...

Now I need some response, how it works. I have no time to check it... :'(

« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 03:52:28 AM by nema »

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008, 01:13:15 AM »
I fixed some bugs. There was problems with moving to properly places from On, when you choose arena fights.
I prepare bug fix as UPGRADE FROM BETA11 TO BETA12.

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008, 07:24:13 AM »
Guardians Party 2.0. beta13

Orc kingdom,
and you can start also as Orc,
male or female (editable)

now also in 2.0.:
tavern drinks tips (as in 123)
merchants chest tip (as in 123)
initiation to order (as in 123)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 07:31:35 AM by nema »

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 06:32:32 AM »
Guardians Party 2.0.

guardians ladies quests:

-hunt down some undeads as in 1.2.3., 4 of them
-bring some books form nema's basement
-find heroin grave at the end of the world and bring book of deads

-Dark kingdom with Dark Priestess and her planetary ladies
-Seff castle find it's place again
-magick books(also with something from Mirathei code - COF)
-7 planetary armors and weapons(from ZED weapon pack untextured models)
-girls found hair (living)colours, 5 of them

Dark hunters again on board - very unpleasant big parties

Now I ported all quests. :green:

Quail

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 12:06:25 PM »
sweet

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 03:46:00 AM »
At this point I will not work any more on 2.0 for 903. I released where I stopped, because new versions is out.
GP 3.0. will wait for 1.0. M&B.

new in 2.0.5.:

- Improved town sieges by Seff
- New names and armors for guardian males upgrade tree
- New texture for darkness troops
- Now you can take enemies heroes as prisoners
- Light sabres and firearms again in game after some debugging of textures/to buy lasers ask Mahliqua
- Transparent masks for female elfs /as sunglasses
- Green parts on map and fields for homesickers
- Teleport doors regulated/Full On heroines recruitment from Tower of the Lake/expanded doors in Dreaming tower
- Stopped spawning of evil troops after guardians ladies quests. (Maybe there is a possibility to take all towns and destroy all enemies parties, but it is not tested enough yet. Maybe there are some bugs there)

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
Re: porting to 0.960/1.00 GUARDIANS PARTY 3.0.
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2008, 01:09:27 AM »

I think that there are still some bugs in module system for 0.960. I think that they will be fixed for 1.0. Also simply porting to 0.960 doesn't work.
I have also much problems with BrfEdit. With materials and especially with smd files (exporting and importing bones and animations. They are corrupted. Some new bones are missing.)
So, porting must wait.

I will be also out of town this summer, so everything will wait till end of September, when I will back.

If someone wants to help with graphical work during this period, please send me some mesage.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:44:36 AM by nema »

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 01:47:30 PM »
You can find porting version for 960, but as I said; "Very unstable version". ???

Wing

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2008, 11:30:17 PM »
Hi nema! I like Guardians Party mod. Very interesting. I have some opinions.
Desert elves, Orcs are with too easy and poor troops. 333 darkness are too terrible and poferfull. I need machine gun for vin them:) I will never vin. So these darkness go anywhere, Its too hard. How can i vin them? please help!

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 04:45:15 AM »
Hi nema! I like Guardians Party mod. Very interesting. I have some opinions.
Desert elves, Orcs are with too easy and poor troops. 333 darkness are too terrible and powerful. I need machine gun for vin them:) I will never vin. So these darkness go anywhere, Its too hard. How can i vin them? please help!

I believe that desert elfs and orcs are not so strength. Are you sure? Orc are Swadians. I think that they are not so poor.

Darkness :'( To strong? Oh I am very sad. I reduce their power from |str_900|agi_900 to |str_60|agi_60 and they are to strong? Well maybe ;)

These days we talk a lot of how to win them.

I told almost everything in 2 or 3 last posted topics. Please take a time and check.

( Take enough evil troops with you (turn to dark side for a moment),
use magick books,
use sisters help (healing (Durdana), troops (nema)..),
use strong polearms and fast horse (talk with Basheera for help),
recruit as many as you can heroes ( don't forget to visit  the Tower of the lake and discover its pasages).
use Book of deads ( let's your troops stay behind you at this moment) and glass sword,
and for god's sake ;) buy few double edged laser swords from Mahliqua :green: for you and your heroes,(sorry for this joke, but buy them anyway)
and at the end always avoid to meet dark hunters. (They rarely catch me in the board.))

Any way, I hope that you enyoj in good chalange. 8)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 12:33:18 AM by nema »