login

Author Topic: [OLD] Porting FAQ  (Read 591325 times)

DaBlade

Re: Offiical TLD to 1.0 porting FAQ
« Reply #180 on: September 08, 2008, 02:36:47 pm »
I once asked DaBlade if I could help with voice acting and he gave me the all-clear. I even recorded some Uruk voice-overs but I never actually sent them.

If there's still a need for new voices, I'm eager and willing to help.

Sure, we can always use more variety, even if we already have voices for a given faction. As long as they're decent enough regarding sound quality and voice acting, there's a good chance we'll use them ;)

Ollieh

« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2008, 05:55:08 pm »
After seeing that new M&B trailer I was drooling.  (http://au.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/782487/mountblade/videos/MnB_091208.html)
To see TLD with that shit will be plain ecstasy.

Don't hang me, but if M&B comes out 19th or so, is it going to take months or weeks to port?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2008, 07:36:48 pm »
After seeing that new M&B trailer I was drooling.  (http://au.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/782487/mountblade/videos/MnB_091208.html)
To see TLD with that shit will be plain ecstasy.

Don't hang me, but if M&B comes out 19th or so, is it going to take months or weeks to port?

Think months.  Not only is there the porting process, but a certain degree of integrating new features.  And that will require studying the new code to figure out what is possible.  AW always tries to put in the latest features, so you can bet it won't be a simple port.  So don't get in a hurry.

Ollieh

« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2008, 09:32:49 pm »
Yeah, I guess so.

We'll still have the new native to play around with, hope that can keep me entertained for a few months.

Sin

« Reply #184 on: September 23, 2008, 10:01:50 am »
I can model and act voices :P
I dunno if it makes a diff but i model in c4d atm, what kinda prog do you need the models to be done in? Wings?
I can quickly adapt to it i guess.

Just pm me.

Greets

DaBlade

« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2008, 10:12:57 am »
I dunno if it makes a diff but i model in c4d atm, what kinda prog do you need the models to be done in? Wings?

Just pm me.

Greets

Hi Sin, and welcome to the TLD forum :)

I'll be moving your post to this thread: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,107.0.html

Thanks, wait for a message from Ancientwanker.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #186 on: September 24, 2008, 01:47:06 am »

Just pm me.

Greets

I model in c4d as well and there's the Riptide plugin for .obj import and export. But it doesn't always export normals and/or UV correctly...so. You'll see.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Eugenioso

« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2008, 10:14:01 am »
Never! We're masturbating over the dev beta and laughing our asses off.
Just take a break or something. We'll release a preview to keep people posted, but aside the last 0.808 patch we won't release anything until MaB 1.0 you know..

is it ready?

Offline Triglav

• Master
  • I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2008, 11:26:30 am »
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Nim Feabeleg

« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2008, 11:59:14 am »
Im back, processor burnt 3 weeks ago, now i repaired and upgraded my pc to play M&B 1 in max graphics with 100 troops at 35 fps, YAY :green:!

Anyways, has anyone noticed that, M&B 1, came out? No more excuses not to port. A lot of work i know, but il contribute with many more voice work now that i can.
Dont be lazy, it's a great project, with good clean ideals and intents. I would hate to see this Mod die out, everybody else that played it agree.

DaBlade

« Reply #190 on: September 25, 2008, 12:26:27 pm »
We're working on it. We've been working on the graphics and adding new content while we wait for the dev tools ;)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #191 on: September 26, 2008, 08:19:01 am »
we can be as lazy as we want to, really. But the module system isn't out, is it?
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 26, 2008, 08:22:43 am »
we can be as lazy as we want to, really. But the module system isn't out, is it?

At last check, we have NO module system.  That's kind of bogging down the whole works, and not just for TLD.

dsadsad

« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2008, 08:54:39 am »
how can i play the game with version 0.903?

it givrs me an rgl error.

alemic

« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2008, 08:58:02 am »
you cant...