login

Author Topic: [OLD] Porting FAQ  (Read 541667 times)

rider

Re: Offiical TLD to .890 porting thread
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2007, 11:19:04 AM »
What 'Elf Friend'? Elaboration, please...

Offline Zenosknight

• Guildsman
  • Success is measured in blood; yours or the enemys
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2007, 08:43:31 PM »
It's a trait you get when you have good relations with the elves, via finishing the first guest galadriel gives you. I don't think you get the trait if you're an elf though  :-\

Offline Llew

• TLD dev team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2007, 09:48:27 PM »
Were (will) you able to use the models I made.

rider

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2007, 01:45:07 AM »
Lol... Quite interesting, I've never gotten the trait (I admit though that I don't hop around the Elves as a man)...

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2007, 02:33:28 PM »
Were (will) you able to use the models I made.

Havent used them yet but wil at some point. Thanks for those!

Offline Zenosknight

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2007, 05:11:54 PM »
Just out of curiosity, now that the newer versions of mount&blade are coming out, are you still porting for 0.890?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2007, 05:56:11 PM »
Just out of curiosity, now that the newer versions of mount&blade are coming out, are you still porting for 0.890?

Technically, it should read 0.89x ... the final version will no doubt be updated to whatever bugfix is most current.

Offline Zenosknight

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2007, 10:32:53 PM »
I was thinking just that, but it still confuses me when it says 0.890, it seems resolute  :shock:

Offline mtarini

• Administrator
  • TLD dev team
    • View Profile
    • (home)
Re: Offiical TLD to .89x porting thread
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2007, 11:10:27 AM »
Just a minor issue about porting:

Stealing of unique items when captured

In TLD 2.3, the unique ("magic") items that you lost to the enemy were lost forever (you lose unequipped items when you're captured).

I am not sure if this already is in TLD 2.4, but it was at least planned to make them impossible for the enemy to steal.

The native rule changed in 0.89x. Stolen items are now not just lost: you can recollect them later by defeating the group that stole them.
(Side note: and, now, equipped items get stolen also.)

So it might make sense in TLD to revert to 2.3 in that respect, and treat unique items just like standard objects. You can still lose them, I think (if the robbers are killed by someone else), but the player has an extra good chance to avoid that.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 12:26:28 PM by mtarini »

Offline Zenosknight

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2007, 09:24:30 PM »
I always thought that the enemy can only steal food, horses, and money, not equipment  ???
although that might explain the disappearance of my helmet... my file was corrupted then though  ::)

Offline The Yogi

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2007, 03:23:11 AM »
Hi, I would just like to propose that when TLD is ported for v 0.89x, we should go over to my Realistic Native Weapon Sizes. Among the most important benefits, that way TLD-unique weapons made to realistic scale (as they often are) can have comparable stats to the Native weapons, and not necessarily be the small end of the scale. A Tower Guard Sword should be a good sword! ;)

Offline mtarini

• Administrator
  • TLD dev team
    • View Profile
    • (home)
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2007, 07:09:10 AM »

Aww, I was hoping to see the rescaled weapons before the port as well. Is that 0.89x specific?
I though that it was basically ready already, including the updated stats in the items file.

(the port will probably take time to complete, I guess.)

Offline The Yogi

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2007, 07:22:23 AM »

Aww, I was hoping to see the rescaled weapons before the port as well. Is that 0.89x specific?
I though that it was basically ready already, including the updated stats in the items file.

It IS ready, but onlu for .894x Native. Still, I think the weapon_meshes1.brf is basically unchanged from .808 so if I had the necessary python files (Items, I think) I could probably whip up an TLD for .808 version in no time (just pasting over the native weapon's stats). But I don't have the python file, so...

I'll try to do that when 2.4.1 is out, though,  since I'm going to need the item file for the party and troop rebalance anyway.

BTW, I'll try to jury-rig some scabbards for those TLD swords that do not have them, just resizing existing ones should work.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 07:24:15 AM by The Yogi »

Eugenioso

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2007, 10:23:37 AM »

It IS ready, but onlu for .894x Native. Still, I think the weapon_meshes1.brf is basically unchanged from .808 so if I had the necessary python files (Items, I think) I could probably whip up an TLD for .808 version in no time (just pasting over the native weapon's stats). But I don't have the python file, so...

I'll try to do that when 2.4.1 is out, though,  since I'm going to need the item file for the party and troop rebalance anyway.

BTW, I'll try to jury-rig some scabbards for those TLD swords that do not have them, just resizing existing ones should work.

WHERE DO U DOWNLOAD!?!??!?

Offline Dryvus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2007, 11:31:22 AM »
I'm pretty sure they're talking about the Realistic Weapon Sizes being ready for 0.894, not a ported version of TLD.