Author Topic: streetofeyes.com wiki -- Storymod  (Read 5584 times)

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
streetofeyes.com wiki -- Storymod
« on: September 19, 2007, 12:35:09 PM »
I'm setting up a wiki of my own, part of which will be reserved for all kinds of Storymod information. I'd like to start using it for purposes of development as well as gameplay information and walkthroughs.

The wiki IS NOW UP:

http://wiki.streetofeyes.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

I'd like to invite anyone who would like to work with us to compile as much info as possible about Storymod and post it to the wiki to make the mod and its backstory more accessible.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 07:55:25 AM by Winter »

AgentSword

Re: streetofeyes.com wiki -- Storymod
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 05:06:48 PM »
So...whats going on with this?

Oh, and someone wrote the F-word on it (along with some other weird language)...I deleted it.

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 05:13:16 PM »
So...whats going on with this?

Oh, and someone wrote the F-word on it (along with some other weird language)...I deleted it.

Well, there has been absolutely no interest in it so far (much like Storymod C2), so I've not really had cause to add to it, use it or even look at it.

Thanks for the deletion, though.

AgentSword

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 08:17:48 PM »
Winter, people WANT mods, they always do. Hell, I want mods! I want YOUR MOD! I loved C1, I love what I see in C2, everyone does. But there have been so many mods lately where the people making them say they are close to finishing and then "Oops, sorry, no mod for you." And it frustrates people.

Think about it...there a really great mod that look really promising, and the devs say it will be out "soon", then they say, "we are going to add more stuff to the mod,  to enhance the experience", then they say "It has been postponed" (offering that glimmer of hope) and then total engine failure, crash into a deep chasm, and explode in an inferno. It's just not pleasant for those who work themselves up into a frenzy anticipating a mod.

Don't get me wrong, ordinary people like myself think most devs  are gods, and most of us appreciate what you guys put out there (except for those few turds in the crowd), but (to go into another metaphor here) when a dog sees a piece of meat dangling in front of his face, and then it's yanked away, that dog's is either going to whine, or get super pissed off.

anyways, everyone loves ya, Winter, and don't think no one wants C2, cuz everyone wants to try out mods all the time. Whatever you release, the general concensus is that it will be great.

EDIT:Plus, I think people have moved back to the Taleworlds website...so that's why you're not getting much on this forum
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 08:22:07 PM by AgentSword »

Offline Fisheye

• Blues Brother
  • Guildsman
  • My scalp's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 10:24:20 PM »
Actually, Winter is referring to the lack of modder interest, not lack of player interest.

So, if you're a fan, grab that module system or graphics manipulation thingy, or 3D modelling thingy, and lend a hand.

Offline KON_Air

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 11:36:03 AM »
I must have totally missed it. I'll be documenting Modplosion stuff there, even if nobody browse it I need somewhere to keep those.

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 12:49:42 PM »
I must have totally missed it. I'll be documenting Modplosion stuff there, even if nobody browse it I need somewhere to keep those.

You're welcome to use it for whatever you want.