login

Author Topic: Suggestions and ideas.  (Read 13280 times)

messenger

Re: Suggestions and ideas.
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 06:56:37 AM »
Do you think it would be possible to completely re-do the Vaegirs and Swadians and replace them with new factions? I think that would be pretty neat.

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 08:50:03 AM »
when I get more time to work on this, I plan on replacing those factions. Work is slow however, so the next release will likely not have that implemented yet.

Offline Lord Of The Sith Lords

• Craftsman
  • Leprechaun turn to the dark side (we have cookies)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 07:24:35 AM »
Only problem is that I don't know that there is any way to create limitations on face selections... If I can figure out a way I think I would definitely include that. If I can't I might have the character have the possibility of becoming tainted or some other thing that might not be represented visually. 

you could ask high elf warrior on taleworlds (remember he got banned) as he did it with factions with orks, trolls, elves and humans but setting limitations mid game might prove to be difficult ???
if you turn to the dark side you get cookies, if you turn to the light side you get brownies, if you are both light and dark you are smart cause you get cookies and brownies, if you don't have the force then your stupid cause you get nothing!

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 09:39:11 AM »
yeah its the mid-game limitations that are very problematic. I sort of wish Armagan had more functions that allowed the disabling of various things for the player but oh well.

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 09:11:49 PM »
A little update on the state of this mod...

I am purging most of native so the next version will be much different.
1.There will be a new map.
2. The undead/human conflict will be more central.
3. There will be some kind of implementation of being able to play an undead/demonic/or otherwise non human race from the start.
4. If you start as human and join the undead faction, you will become tainted and your appearance will be likewise altered.
5. The Rangers will be more of a full fledged faction with large troop upgrade tree.
6. Much more stuff I haven't entirely decided on.

Quail

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2007, 10:26:47 PM »
sounds good...Looking forward to even more.

Knightmaster

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2007, 11:45:06 AM »
I dunno but could there be Ghosts it would be cool if some old battlefield that you enter is full of ghost or some ruined

castle or village.

What about siege towns, castles, villages or defenting them of bad guys

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 02:09:57 PM »
At some point I would like to have ghosts a part of Darkmod, I'm just not sure how yet.

I intend to create an outpost system, where as a part of quests you can establish outposts and "fortify" them. The enemy will also create outposts. All outposts can be destroyed or damaged. However I'm not even going to try to do sieges until its clearer as to whats supported in native. So Everything will be decided either in a script simulation (where you have some control over the variables) or on the normal random encounter maps.

Random encounter maps now function differently, the size of the map you fight on is decided by a script that compares your spotting, tactics, and army size to that of the party you are fighting. The script outputs a number that is either negative (you are at a disadvantage) or positive (you are at an advantage). If you are at an advantage, you have some choice as to how big of a map you want to fight on with more options when you have a larger advantage. If you are at a disadvantage the map you fight on depends on how high your disadvantage is. The more of a disadvantage you have, the more unfavorable the map will be (the smaller it will be). In between battles with the same party the script is checked again, so as you kill off the enemy parties numbers, you will gain an advantage and may even have more choices for the next battle.

Knightmaster

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 06:12:49 PM »
Another idea what about some templar guardian faction the experts of killing undeads and some priest troops also

and will the slayers be major faction or no will there be dark knights?

larger parties would be great also vaegirs and swadians will the be allies or enemies?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 08:49:11 PM by Knightmaster »

Quail

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 10:51:07 PM »
I have an idea for a quest that can make the game a little more personal.

PM me Ahadhran if you are interested.

(On a side note, thank you for liking my slotted sword idea.)