Author Topic: TLD: Bug Reports and Technical Help [2.4]  (Read 196552 times)

darkmasta82

Re: TLD: Bug reports and technical issues for 2.4
« Reply #435 on: November 05, 2009, 05:36:06 AM »
Guys, i tried on another computer with windows xp installed and this is an error i get whenever i try to start a new game

Assertion failed!
Program: C:\Mount&Blade\mount&blade.exe
File\develop\mb\rgl\rglstring.cpp
Line: 285

Expression: (curser + Len)  <= Str_Length

How can i fix this?

DaBlade

« Reply #436 on: November 05, 2009, 08:23:16 AM »
Guys, i tried on another computer with windows xp installed and this is an error i get whenever i try to start a new game

Assertion failed!

How can i fix this?

Probably a bad installation. Have you tried playing .808 native? If it gives you the same error (which I think it will), you intalled it wrong.

Make sure you don't instal M&B .808 to your 1.011 M&B directory, and make sure you put TLD in the .808 directory. There are instructions both here and at the Taleworlds forum on how to have multiple M&B versions runing, just look for them if needed.

darkmasta82

« Reply #437 on: November 05, 2009, 09:44:25 AM »

Assertion failed!

How can i fix this?

Probably a bad installation. Have you tried playing .808 native? If it gives you the same error (which I think it will), you intalled it wrong.

Make sure you don't instal M&B .808 to your 1.011 M&B directory, and make sure you put TLD in the .808 directory. There are instructions both here and at the Taleworlds forum on how to have multiple M&B versions runing, just look for them if needed.

I dont even have any other version of Mount and blade on this laptop, this laptop is XP, and Native works fine. Any other suggestions?

DaBlade

« Reply #438 on: November 05, 2009, 01:30:21 PM »
OK, post that laptop specs then (processor, RAM, graphics card) and make sure your directX is up to date, although that shouldn't be the problem, unless it's a very old version.

I'm guessing it's the graphics card. Most laptops have graphics cards which share system memory, and those can't run TLD (which is much more demanding regarding the graphics than native).

darkmasta82

« Reply #439 on: November 06, 2009, 01:12:55 PM »
oH  actually i reinstalled The last days and it still didnt work. I reinstalled mount and blade and wer workin :) but i think im gonna give up on it and wait for the 1.011 port. Its so frustrating getting troops etc and there arent even seiges :(

Serius

« Reply #440 on: December 02, 2009, 09:31:54 PM »
Okay, When I download the damn mod, i click on my downloads thing to open the mod. It says its an unknown publisher (as usual). i say to proceed to open it and before the install wizard pops up a message pops up that says the installation directory or something about the place where it should be downloaded to isn't valid or some shit and says to make sure that the directory is correct. I'm really pissed as it's late and I wanted to play this mod a bit before i go to bed. PLEASE HELP

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #441 on: December 03, 2009, 02:47:06 AM »
"some shit" is not exactly a bug report we can respond to. If you can't be arsed to tell us properly, we can't be arsed to help you.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Bmen

« Reply #442 on: December 17, 2009, 04:31:18 AM »
When it's on

It goes to this

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 17, 2009, 04:37:06 AM »
seems you installed it on 1.011. This mod is for 0.808!

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Bmen

« Reply #444 on: December 17, 2009, 05:38:00 AM »
Strange all my mods for .808 work fine but TLD.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 17, 2009, 08:01:24 AM »
Do you have a separate install for the 0.808 version? Because I think the rider image was not there in 0.808 native, it's not supposed to happen.
Anyway, it's most certainly not the fault of TLD, you did something wrong somewhere. It's a bit hard to guess what exactly.

DaBlade

« Reply #446 on: December 17, 2009, 10:36:15 AM »
What Merlkir said; you installed it wrong. Go to your M&B 1.011 folder/Modules and look for the TLD folder there. Then just right click on it, select cut. Go to your M&B .808 folder/Modules, right click on the Modules folder and select paste. Wait for the files to be moved there. Then make sure you launch M&B .808 and select TLD as the module you want to play. You should now be able to play it.

Offline Grocat

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 20, 2009, 09:31:45 AM »
Posted something to this effect on the main forums.  I don't get any sort of error screens or anything that tells me I did something obviously wrong...but, once I have started a game, and my little dude is all excited to go adventuring and on the map, I click for him to go somewhere, which he does, walking for about a second before turning on some kind of cloaking device and being uncontrollable.  Additionally, only after he has gone into this stealth mode, the Character/ Inventory/ Party buttons will no longer do anything...and all I am able to do is toggle between my Quest Screen, which is interesting, but not enough to keep me captivated for very long, and the world map (rather, just the small section of the world map that my view was on when my dude went ninja stealth on me, since I can't use the WASD to move the map screen).  Also, I can click escape and go to the main menu, but things are still amiss when I return.

Important notes.  I copied all of my files for TLD from one computer to the one now which isn't working right (the specs are much better on the new computer...I don't think it is a graphics issue).  I have version .808 on the computer, and only version .808.  Native works just fine...wonderfully even.  And, TLD works fine until 1 second into the game, where I become invisible.  Interestingly enough, I am clearly moving, and there is time progression as far as I can tell, since it tells me that my invisible dude is starving every once in a while.

Any thoughts?

-Grocat

DaBlade

« Reply #448 on: December 20, 2009, 02:42:00 PM »
That's usually a video memory issue, try lowering some of the grahics options and see if it works. Also, disable "sound variation" while you're at it.

Offline Grocat

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 21, 2009, 09:08:14 AM »
Really?  My computer runs 1.011 really well with all of the graphics turned up.  I just installed it to see.  However, I am wondering if my operating system might be at fault.  I am using Windows 7, which I just upgraded to, and it gives me these annoying notices where it tells me I don't have permission to do certain things (which is odd since I am logged on as the Administrator).  I had similar issues with Vista.

Is that within the realm of possibility?

Anyway, I feel as though I may just have to wait until 1.011 comes out.  So, godspeed and good luck.

-Grocat