login

Author Topic: TLD: Bug Reports and Technical Help [2.4]  (Read 224406 times)

DaBlade

Re: TLD: Bug reports for 2.4
« Reply #315 on: January 15, 2009, 05:27:24 pm »
The window in conversations where you should se the face of the one your talking wirth is screwed up. :-\

No it isn't. That would be your system not being able to deal with the graphics. Again, lowering/disabling the graphics options would probably fix it.

Offline Kazzan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 16, 2009, 07:07:07 am »
Why? I have EN8800GTX as graphics card and crysis runs smoothly on my computer. How?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 16, 2009, 07:57:42 am »
TLD doesn't just put general strain on the system ... it puts pressure on particular graphics functions.  This crashes a lot of cards, honestly... even hardware that would run more generally resource-intensive stuff.  But do like they say - turn down the graphics settings - and see if it fixes itself.

If that doesn't work, try to re-install M&B and TLD, and check your graphics drivers.

Because if you get the graphics set low enough, it works for other people, on machines with a lot less general capability.

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 16, 2009, 10:13:49 am »
The texture optimization in .808 was limited because I didnt know much at the time.   That version can use up to 700+ mb if you check your taskbar while its running.  WHen you are not in battle, that's all loaded into system memory by m&b and not video memory. If you are light on either system memory or video memory it can cause an early crash in the mod which can appear in various forms.

A few scripting issues can manifest much later in the .808 mod but when there is an early problem with the mod it's always been one of two things; a memory issue or an installation issue.   This thread has some info for trying to solve both.   If it still doesnt work youll have to wait for the port, which has more content but uses less memory.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 10:16:53 am by Ancientwanker »

seraphimpish

« Reply #319 on: January 16, 2009, 02:28:49 pm »
Hello,

My game as an elf crashes as well. I get the same error message as some mentioned before with the thread 623 and m number >0. Possibly the trainer bug... (Whatever that is?)

Problem is, I'm playiing with realistic settings and can't find my save file.

So what now? Help much appreciated... Lemme know if anything is unclear (considering the lack of relevant info in this post, heh).

Peace!

Necrolancer

« Reply #320 on: January 17, 2009, 05:19:15 am »
Dunno if bug but im doing a quest for lothorien (how ever its spelled) where i must scout moria scouting party. I have been following those goblins for two days. If its a bug do i must make a new save of what? If its not a bug what must i do to get the quest complete?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 17, 2009, 06:05:24 am »
Dunno if bug but im doing a quest for lothorien (how ever its spelled) where i must scout moria scouting party. I have been following those goblins for two days. If its a bug do i must make a new save of what? If its not a bug what must i do to get the quest complete?

Find a "warg rider" party.  It was a bug in development - the scouts were divided into foot and mounted, but only the mounted group got counted in the mission objectives.  Same with attack missions.  (Can't remember - may also apply to Isengard scouts.)

Troops are scheduled to be totally re-worked next version, so it's not worth fixing.  You just have to know about it.

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 18, 2009, 02:32:40 pm »
Hello,

My game as an elf crashes as well. I get the same error message as some mentioned before with the thread 623 and m number >0. Possibly the trainer bug... (Whatever that is?)

Problem is, I'm playiing with realistic settings and can't find my save file.

So what now? Help much appreciated... Lemme know if anything is unclear (considering the lack of relevant info in this post, heh).

Peace!

This one was never solved in .808.  It's *the* significant bug and I never found out why.   Some games it will happen, others not.  It might have something to do with the elven rewards.  The next version will be rewritten from scratch so it's unlikely to appear.   We'll have new bugs instead.

Earendil the Mariner

« Reply #323 on: January 25, 2009, 09:41:05 pm »
I've gotten the following error, regardless of what I'm doing, within 2-3 minutes of starting a new game.  It makes the game unplayable.  I've already lowered the graphics to the butt-ugly settings, and I'm playing the most current version of the mod.

e:\develop\mb\rgl\rglTerrain_map.h
Line: 138
Exception: ray_vec.length()<10000000000.0f

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 25, 2009, 10:33:07 pm »
I've gotten the following error, regardless of what I'm doing, within 2-3 minutes of starting a new game.  It makes the game unplayable.  I've already lowered the graphics to the butt-ugly settings, and I'm playing the most current version of the mod.

Something your graphics card can't handle.  (ray vector length is obviously a graphic display reference of some kind)
Post your system specs, see if anybody has heard anything about particular graphics cards doing funny things.
Also make sure your video drivers are new.

Whatever it is, it's unique to something on your system ... I'm pretty sure that one has not been reported before.

Earendil the Mariner

« Reply #325 on: January 26, 2009, 04:49:27 pm »

Something your graphics card can't handle.  (ray vector length is obviously a graphic display reference of some kind)
Post your system specs, see if anybody has heard anything about particular graphics cards doing funny things.
Also make sure your video drivers are new.

Whatever it is, it's unique to something on your system ... I'm pretty sure that one has not been reported before.

PROCESSOR:  Intel Quad Q6600
VIDEO CARD:  NVidia GeForce 8800GT
RAM:  4GB

The part about the drivers made sense, because I had to install an older version to get another game to play before.  I don't remember if I reinstalled the latest one.

Earendil the Mariner

« Reply #326 on: January 26, 2009, 05:12:28 pm »
No.  No love.

I made sure I had the latest drivers and I still get the same problem.

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 26, 2009, 05:57:47 pm »
Hm, there is some info here about getting around some installation issues with .808. I think its a few pages back.

I played it smoothly with an x1900xt and 2 gig of system ram on a dual core system before I upgraded to a 4850 so you should be fine on that score.

Earendil the Mariner

« Reply #328 on: January 26, 2009, 06:58:14 pm »
Hm, there is some info here about getting around some installation issues with .808. I think its a few pages back.

I played it smoothly with an x1900xt and 2 gig of system ram on a dual core system before I upgraded to a 4850 so you should be fine on that score.

Well, I fixed the problem, whatever it was.

I simply uninstalled, ran a registry check, and reinstalled.  Works fine.

Now I can get back to playing my most favorite M&B mod :-)

DaBlade

« Reply #329 on: January 27, 2009, 06:43:32 am »
There you go :)