Author Topic: TLD: Bug Reports and Technical Help [2.4]  (Read 224404 times)

Tallan

Re: TLD: Bug reports for 2.4
« Reply #300 on: December 26, 2008, 11:38:35 am »
Well, I've tried to play TLD, but everytime i choose start a new game it gets to launching game and comes up with this error

I read what you told someone else who had this problem and ive downloaded the orc shader pack and turn the textures down, but it hasnt worked, Please help the more I read about this mod the more I feel like playing it XD

Also, I know my graphics card isn't the best in the world, Nvidia Geforce4 mx 440, But come on, surely this game isnt that demanding? The only lag i get on the actual game is when I talk to someone and thats about it etc, I know TLD is more demanding but Surely there is some way to play it?

You obviuosly either use 1.x version to play it, or installed 0.808 on it. Try installing 808 in a different place, or COMPLETELY reinstall.

I am getting the same exact problem, and i can garentee that its not a performance problem.  Even if i click ignore it still doesnt work, its just keeps crashing.  This is a major problem that clearly many people are having. This should be addressed immediately.  I really want to play this mod.

DaBlade

« Reply #301 on: December 26, 2008, 08:33:37 pm »
Does native .808 load fine for you?

Tallan

« Reply #302 on: December 26, 2008, 10:11:05 pm »
Does native .808 load fine for you?

yes it runs perfect, and i made sure of it.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 26, 2008, 11:13:15 pm »
Then it's performance related.

TLD uses a bunch of stuff that many systems can't handle.  You can help that a little by lowering your graphics settings, and be sure to have the latest drivers for all of your hardware (especially graphics card).

Start there ... if that doesn't get it, then post your system specs and we'll see if anybody has heard of any issues unique to your type of hardware.

Offline azile0

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 27, 2008, 01:15:34 pm »
Well, it has to be at least above a 64mb card, because that's what I run. With a 2.2 Gig processor and 2 gigs of RAM...

Tallan

« Reply #305 on: December 30, 2008, 11:25:38 pm »
Then it's performance related.

TLD uses a bunch of stuff that many systems can't handle.  You can help that a little by lowering your graphics settings, and be sure to have the latest drivers for all of your hardware (especially graphics card).

Start there ... if that doesn't get it, then post your system specs and we'll see if anybody has heard of any issues unique to your type of hardware.

Tried it and still no dice.  I can't tell you exact details about my shit, but i know i have a 256 video card, 2 gigs of ram, core duo, and plenty of hard drive space.  I really do not think its performance related if its giving me a C++ error...isn't that actual code? 
So whatever, if there is no fix to this problem then i guess ill have to wait for the 1.0 port to be finished.

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 31, 2008, 07:32:31 pm »
Its probably the graphics card.  TLD for .808 was very piggy on memory.  I organized things as best as I knew how at the time but under load it can still use 700+mb iirc.   The port will very likely be slimmer, even with the additions.   Not having enough memory when it needs it will get you a C++ error iirc (and other odd behavior).

The two most likely causes for problems on start-up (or not starting at all) are an installation problem/conflict or inadequate memory.  If anyone has the start-up problem and can't fix it by playing with those, youll just have to wait for the 1.01 port.  Or whatever the version is at that point.

Munx

« Reply #307 on: January 05, 2009, 05:39:03 pm »
Havnt read all pages so cant tell if anyones encountered this before, but I just finished the gaunlet match in brigand fort, the bug is how ever first off it never ended at 100, I was sure i was over 100 when I died, and damnit was I right, got killed at 314 kills, how ever the match was supposed to end at 100 ? all I got out of it was a lousie 2500 denars.

Also because of the bug where I ended up fighting 3 times as many opponentsas i was supposed to the enemys started spawning outside the arena walls...

Offline Kazzan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 14, 2009, 11:09:36 am »
I get a rgl error each time the old man shows up, now thats crap, coz i cant play this. :-\

It says Scene_h is missing. ???

DaBlade

« Reply #309 on: January 14, 2009, 03:16:30 pm »
I get a rgl error each time the old man shows up, now thats crap, coz i cant play this. :-\

It says Scene_h is missing. ???

Probably just another video memory issue. The scene is there (assuming you installed the whole thing properly), but it didn't load. Try reducing/disabling the video options as much a possible and turn off "Sound Variation". See if that helps.

Offline Kazzan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 15, 2009, 09:13:08 am »
Ty mate it worked ;)

DaBlade

« Reply #311 on: January 15, 2009, 10:18:48 am »
Cool. You can try to bring back some of the eye candy now. See what your system can handle. Don't turn on sound variation though; it will slow things down and TLD doesn't need it.

Necrolancer

« Reply #312 on: January 15, 2009, 12:55:36 pm »
In arena fights i dont get shield.Ever.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #313 on: January 15, 2009, 01:14:04 pm »
In arena fights i dont get shield.Ever.

that's a normal 0.808 bug, not a TLD issue.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Kazzan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 15, 2009, 04:56:25 pm »
The window in conversations where you should se the face of the one your talking wirth is screwed up. :-\