Author Topic: TLD: Bug Reports and Technical Help [2.4]  (Read 156470 times)

Offline slyspy

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: TLD: Bug reports for 2.4
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2007, 08:06:37 PM »
I've had the "kill -insert name here-, leader of the great host of -which ever faction-" quest but never the "destroy the great host of -which ever faction-" quest.

Stemmers?

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2007, 02:17:27 PM »
Playing as Isengard, I'm getting a lot of bows dropping as loot that have no Power Draw requirement. Some have the problem and some don't. For example, I found a recurve bow with no power draw requirement and later a cracked recurve bow the regular requirement of 3. I'm using RCM, so it might be an RCM bug.

ah yeah, that's an rcm thing that I did in vanilla too but they dont drop as loot in vanilla. Ill add that to RCM as well. It's just a way around the powerdraw/effectiveness linkage.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 01:47:09 AM by Ancientwanker »

Stemmers?

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2007, 02:22:55 PM »
Lossarnarch Coursers can be purchased from evil merchants. I found mine in the Dunlending Camp.

fixed for 2.4.1
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 04:00:55 PM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Daergar

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2007, 03:15:35 PM »
When turning in the "Capture brigand leader, lieutenant or lord" it grabs all the possible matches from you captives. Ie, I had three lieutenants and one lord, the lord being captured last of the bunch. He accepted the quest, then I believe I got one reward for the lord plus a lower one with the amount that might match the reward for one lieutenant (both popped up on the screen list consecutively). Seemed a bit messed up either way.

Offline norup

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2007, 03:24:41 PM »
At the Arena of Brigand Fort, something odd is going on with the shields.
In the Tilting match, you can ask for a mace and a shield and a sword with a board(=shield?), but you do not get a shield. I also looks like the player should carry a shield when on horseback, just as the opponent, but no shield...

native issue.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 05:48:58 PM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Sibilance

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2007, 07:46:36 PM »
As an Isengard RCM player before the war's beginning, I received a quest from Mog the seven fingered to get 3 rohan youths for his all-you-can-eat buffet. I returned with them about a week after the war started, but Mog was no longer interested for some reason, presumably due to a lack of barbecue sauce and having the wrong utensils. It must be pretty difficult to use chopsticks if you've only got seven fingers, so can somebody give poor Mog a spork?

Lanky

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2007, 01:40:04 AM »
At evil arenas the "start with bow and short sword" option gives the player only 20-something arrows. This means that you have to use your secondary weapon to kill at least 75 enemies in order to gain the arena champion trait. More arrows would be grand, considering that you could hold at least three quivers(which may be unrealistic logistically, but so is killing 100 men by yourself.)

ok, doubled the arrows.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 07:21:29 PM by Ancientwanker »

CCA

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2007, 02:29:08 AM »
Ok if you have a quest that you can't seem to finish even though you've met the requisites.

heres what you do:

1.Rescind the order.
2.Talk to the guy who gave you the order there should now be an option to sucessfully complete the mission, problem solved(at the expense of influence however)

Offline GetAssista

• TLD Dev team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2007, 02:46:44 AM »
Am I the only one having wrong shaders for wooden swords and bows (metallic shining)? Peculiar thing is that they are right in some scenes and wrong in other. E.g. I have nice wooden bow when talking to arenamaster, but shining wooden bow in the arena match. 

Offline Zenosknight

• Guildsman
  • Success is measured in blood; yours or the enemys
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2007, 06:43:51 PM »
Dismounted horsemen still have their names high above their heads as if they are still mounted

I seem to get rohan riders out of nowhere, as in without me recruiting or rescuing them. They just pop into my party....rarely

Offline Elmar Bijlsma

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2007, 08:16:23 PM »

Got more or less the same thing. Was doing a scouting quest for Rivendell when I got the message that Haldir took the field. Bummer, I thought but I soon discovered Haldir was still where was supposed to be and Eledan and Elrohir was seen moving woth a host. This leaves me unable to cancel the scouting mission they gave me.  This is a double bummer as that's the one you can do repeatedly without weakening  Dol Goldur. I'm having a helluva hard time playing as an elf whilst keeping Dol Guldur in the game long enough for me to max out rank/income. I had to resort to friendly fire to take down an Elven great host+ friends who were wailing on the last great host the wavering Dol Goldur had in the field.  I take it the elves still get nada quest after victory in the north? An elven quest giver in Minas Tirith after victory in the north would go a long way.

Wouldn't mind seeing the hired help handle all quests, as suggested.

Beleg Strongbow

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2007, 10:45:53 PM »

Got more or less the same thing. Was doing a scouting quest for Rivendell when I got the message that Haldir took the field. Bummer, I thought but I soon discovered Haldir was still where was supposed to be and Eledan and Elrohir was seen moving woth a host. This leaves me unable to cancel the scouting mission they gave me.  This is a double bummer as that's the one you can do repeatedly without weakening  Dol Goldur. I'm having a helluva hard time playing as an elf whilst keeping Dol Guldur in the game long enough for me to max out rank/income. I had to resort to friendly fire to take down an Elven great host+ friends who were wailing on the last great host the wavering Dol Goldur had in the field.  I take it the elves still get nada quest after victory in the north? An elven quest giver in Minas Tirith after victory in the north would go a long way.

Wouldn't mind seeing the hired help handle all quests, as suggested.

I had to laugh when I read this one! :D

Offline Oldtimer

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2007, 12:05:22 AM »
Hi,

playing elf, no RCM, I started getting game-breaking freeze ups of the game at abt.  day 75 just after defeating Dol Guldur and achieving elven victory in the north.

It happens in two ways:

- sometimes I get a message: Assertion failed! Program\Mount&Blade\mount&blade.exe
File: e:\develop\mb\program\src\party.h
Line: 632
Expression: m.number>0

This I can solve by the Ignore command.

But very often there is no message and the only option is to restart computer and hope that the next freeze up will come with message.
This happens very often at different times of the day and ALWAYS at midnight.

Regards, Oldtimer

send me the save if you get a chance. Do you or your heroes have the training skill? Im trying to gather as many of these saves as possible to detect the common elements.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 04:13:40 PM by Ancientwanker »

Offline nonrumpali

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2007, 03:35:51 AM »
Not sure if it's a bug, but Eothain doesn't seem to heal from his head injury. I've visited Freya the healer about 4 times and he just doesn't heal. He has leveled up maybe twice while he has been injured. Ulfas on the other hand did heal when I visited Freya on the first time. I don't think he had leveled up when he was injured.

He can heal head wounds, I checked.

Going to the healer is not an automatic heal, it just boosts the odds. You can still be unlucky and the wound can last for some time. I levelled him as well just to be sure that wasnt a problem.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 05:55:16 PM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Zenosknight

• Guildsman
  • Success is measured in blood; yours or the enemys
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2007, 06:30:27 AM »
The order for weapon changes doesn't work, I still see my Tower Guards carry both spears and swords  :-\

odd one, I just tested it and they switch from spear to sword and back again.

Start a new game just to see if you can at least do it at the start of the game (cheat them up to tower guard level). This might be a later game bug that pops up (slots could get messed up by something else later).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 05:20:49 PM by Ancientwanker »