Author Topic: TLD: Bug Reports and Technical Help [2.4]  (Read 145618 times)

Offline Kohlrabi

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: TLD: Bug reports for 2.4
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 08:17:42 AM »
..dunno..

Second edit: Realized it could have something to do with me trying out the new map...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 07:17:43 PM by banjeeboy »

Offline Forral

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 09:45:05 AM »
I recieved a rather peculiar quest log entry after being given the final quest as the elven faction from Galadriel. Screenshot attached.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2774/bugreportcb6.jpg

--fixed for 2.4.1
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 03:47:03 PM by Ancientwanker »

pcripper

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 04:56:50 PM »
For me Balan is broken (goblin quest guy in Bandit Fort). He doesn't get the message that he's paid me for killing those pesky goblins already and will pay me repeatedly for killing the same batch over and over again. I killed 16 groups of em and I can get 400 dinars every time I talk to him

--fixed for 2.4.1
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 03:45:22 PM by Ancientwanker »

Stemmers?

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 11:02:03 PM »
Brigand Champion trait still isn't working. The enemies just kept coming, and I was knocked out with 123 opponents killed. No special dialogue, no nothing. I was playing as an Uruk-Hai.

make sure you are playing 2.4, the old man will tell you the version. I tested the brigand fort contest with an orc and was able to get it. Ill check the orc pits (which have their own dialogue) in a bit.   The 2.3 and 2.4 versions of tld use seperate folders for some reason, you want to load the "TLD" folder in the mod window...just in case.

By the way, has anyone noticed that the spell checker on this board doesn't recognize the word "dialogue"? I keep thinking I'm spelling it wrong or something...

« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 07:50:09 PM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 12:19:52 AM »
I don't know if this is a suggestion or a bug report, but I think it needs to go in bug reports.

We need adjustable loot percentages in the "old man" menu.

In the RCM version, combat losses are often far exceeding return on loot.  The player's party just gets smaller and poorer until they finally disappear.  Later in the game, with higher healing and trade skills, this might be less noticeable ... but early, it's quite unpleasant.  Increasing party size (troops per point of leadership) so that the player can actually influence the war makes the problem worse.

This was a huge problem in ONR recently, and loot returns in TLD are not even one-tenth of what was proving unplayable in ONR. 

Because there are two versions of TLD, and because the whole player-configurable thing is a major theme of the game balance, it should certainly be configurable.  But it needs to be configurable to a relatively wide scale, going up to 10x or more of what it is now. 

It would be better than forcing everybody to cheat and just import a character with a lot of money, or spend a gazillion years in the arena trying to pay for his army.

Stemmers?

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 01:00:38 AM »
Brigand Champion trait still isn't working. The enemies just kept coming, and I was knocked out with 123 opponents killed. No special dialogue, no nothing. I was playing as an Uruk-Hai.

By the way, has anyone noticed that the spell checker on this board doesn't recognize the word "dialogue"? I keep thinking I'm spelling it wrong or something...

In U.S. English, the word is spelled "dialog" ... the -ue ending is French spelling, although it may be used in England or elsewhere.

Funny, I've lived in Philadelphia my entire life and I've always spelled it "dialogue". Never been corrected, either, so maybe it's a regional difference.

I spell it with a -ue as well iirc and Im originally from the north. Dunno. Though I can clearly remember reading about dialog buttons and boxes in the past.

Also: Orc Pit Champion (or whatever it's called) isn't working either. I whacked 103 Orcs and got nothing for it. So neither arena reward seems to be working. I'm using the RCM, if that's relevant, although I don't see how it could be.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 07:34:24 AM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Daergar

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 01:19:55 AM »
It's been reported before, but just in case it's believed to be fixed.

Bug: At midnight, definately tied to training skill/training code as it comes and goes, an ignorable pop-up appears with the "Expression: m.number > 0". Not a big deal, except the first few times when you hold the spacebar to pass time and you manage to exit the game.

shit, ok, time to reorder the slots. This is the one I was most curious about.

--reordered the slots....it might be fixed for 2.4.1   :P  ;)

And I disagree with Ron regarding the loot. If you do the missions you are assigned, the loot becomes almost inconsequential, though it still feels like I could survive on loot alone. I do agree that there is the proverbial hump to pass in the beginning, but as a mounted Rohan player I had no problems what so ever (way less than in ONR) to pay for whatever I needed. It might be horrible for an elf or orcsy though, as I haven't tested those enough. Might depend on playingstyle and what troops you employ?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 01:37:19 PM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Daergar

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 03:39:04 AM »
CTD/bug. Rohan, day 65, dawn. Dol Goldur had fallen a few hours earlier.

Defeated a lesser host of Dol Goldur, with the help of a great host of Lothlorien. Orophin died in the battle. I paid my respects/prayed at his mound. Started moving away and got a Microsoft generic error report along with a ctd.

Loaded up the game numerous times since, sound disabled etc, to try and work around it but to no avail. Don't suppose there's anything to do to salvage it? Irks me, was having a lot of fun.

post the save and ill have a look.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 06:11:40 AM by Ancientwanker »

Father Chains

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 04:43:57 AM »

Offline Tepsu

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2007, 06:31:03 AM »
I have played this new version couple of times.  Sometimes my player just dissapere on the world map and game just go on and on but i cannot do anything. I cannot press Quest or party. and i dont see me.

Offline Boiled Ice

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2007, 06:44:45 AM »
I got an RGL error when I tried to talk to one of the merchants in the Brigand Fort.  The one closer to your spawn spot when you enter the fort.

--fixed for 2.4.1
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 01:37:59 PM by Ancientwanker »

Sgt William

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2007, 12:56:52 PM »
I'm playing as an elf, and when I go to the troop hiring dialogue with the leaders, they call me a "man-child" or man. They also mention something that I need to be some what influenced to hire elves, as if I were a man. To hire the troops I need 25-40 influence points.

Is this a bug?

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2007, 12:58:14 PM »
I'm playing as an elf, and when I go to the troop hiring dialogue with the leaders, they call me a "man-child" or man. They also mention something that I need to be some what influenced to hire elves, as if I were a man. To hire the troops I need 25-40 influence points.

Is this a bug?

the part with a man-child yes. Elves do hire troops through influence though. (as they're above the low money users or something ;)
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

CCA

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2007, 03:39:14 PM »
Bug Report

Version 2.4 with RCM Enabled.

"Capture Agent of Mordor" Quest broken, Denethor gave me the quest I did it, captured the mordor agent who is know a prisoner, I went to Minas Tirith talked to Denethor, no option to finish the quest, I can get it rescinded for 48 influence but i dont wanna do that.

Offline The Yogi

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2007, 03:42:42 PM »
Bug Report

Version 2.4 with RCM Enabled.

"Capture Agent of Mordor" Quest broken, Denethor gave me the quest I did it, captured the mordor agent who is know a prisoner, I went to Minas Tirith talked to Denethor, no option to finish the quest, I can get it rescinded for 48 influence but i dont wanna do that.

This quest worked for me, although I got it from the Fat Lord of Lossarnach, not Denethor.

However, playing as Gondorian, I was unable to get the "Destroy Great host of Mordor quest" even though there was a great host active. Maybe I was to low rank? (Lieutenant)