login

Author Topic: TLD: Bug Reports and Technical Help [2.4]  (Read 153358 times)

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
TLD: Bug Reports and Technical Help [2.4]
« on: September 11, 2007, 12:32:25 PM »
The new bug thread for 2.4.  

Make sure you are playing 2.4. The old man will now tell you the version number in his first dialogue. For some reason the folder to launch TLD has changed from "the last days" to "tld" and I didnt catch it before release. The next patch will have to stay with the same format I guess.

I didnt get to everything in the old thread so Ill include it here for reference.  Feel free to post any old bugs here again in case I missed them.   I probably wont have any time for quick bug fixes but should be able to start up on another patch in a few weeks.

The bug that is of most interest to me is the training bug where it was crashing. If its not fixed with this version Ill need to reorder some slots as it might be that my slots are conflicting with some internal m&b slot calls. It's my next guess anyway.

Oh yeah, if you have an item issue (weapon, armor, etc), specify whether you are playing RCM or vanilla. It will make it a bit easier to fix as there are likely some differences lingering in those files.

The old 2.3.1 bug thread for reference purposes:
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,581.0.html

« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:57:43 PM by Llew »

Offline jingolobam

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLD: Bug reports for 2.4
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 04:57:29 PM »
I have choosen the +10% healin boost at the old man, but it heals me completly in all cases, at down or dusk. It is however different with Mablung. He recievs just a small health bonus.

--fixed for 2.4.1
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 01:35:17 PM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 10:45:20 PM »
Here's a good one.  When trying to buy/sell armor at the brigand fort, BUNK, "unable to find mesh armor_arena_blue" ... repeats with other colors.  The armors show up fine in the arena, and I'm pretty sure they weren't supposed to be for sale anyway.

That is the RCM version items file.

--fixed for 2.4.1
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 01:35:27 PM by Ancientwanker »

Offline jingolobam

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 03:38:10 AM »
I play  a gondorian, and can't hire Ulfas. My conversation with him: ULFAS - Surrender or die, make your choice. ME - I am not afraid of you, i will fight (this option is in two different text blocks, and nothing else). What have i done to make him so angry on me?

--fixed for 2.4.1
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 01:35:37 PM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 05:46:12 AM »
you can still buy galadhrim arrows in Minas Morgul :)

--fixed for 2.4.1

--one of those things fixed in vanilla that I missed for RCM.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 01:41:22 PM by Ancientwanker »
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

addict

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 05:57:23 AM »
In the face editor Orc (swart), "chin length" and "chin width" are swapped.

--ill leave this for now to avoid remaking all those faces.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 01:41:59 PM by Ancientwanker »

Wood

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 09:25:22 AM »
There doesn't seem to be wolves for sale anywhere. There are horses though.

I got an error as my orc companion healed from a major wound:
e:\develop\mb\program\src\party.h, Line: 632, m.number >0

Fixed for 2.4.1

In the face editor Orc (swart), "chin length" and "chin width" are swapped.
Also true for Uruk Hai.

The new Uruk Hai helmets look great but the eye holes are not well aligned with the eyes.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 11:08:53 AM by Ancientwanker »

Offline slyspy

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 08:00:59 PM »
The merchant at the Bandit Fort still has no money or horses.

--fixed for 2.4.1
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 01:36:07 PM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Boosh

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 10:41:32 PM »
The Thrusting sword bug was not completely fixed. It now has a scabbard, but still crashes the game when I attempt to draw it.

rcm or vanilla?

Make sure you are actually playing 2.4 as I couldnt find a problem with it in vanilla or RCM. When you talk to the old man he should say its version 2.4 at the bottom of his first dialogue.

Apparently the old tld folder was "the_last_days" whereas 2.4 is "tld".
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 03:14:51 PM by Ancientwanker »

ccabezas

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 01:10:23 AM »
This is the strangest thing ever happened to me.

I play an Isergard Wolf rider. When assisting a Moria Patrol against several elf parties (Lothlorien Scouts, Lothlorien Patrol, Rivendell Patrol), I got wounded and left the fight. Then the Moria Patrol left the battle and the several parties involved split. Two of the attacked the Moria Patrol again and the third of them was a Party of 0 Lothlorien Scouts, which I attacked. Of course, there was no battle, and after pressing the tab key, a new city (Aldburg) appeared right where the battle had taken place.

I checked the map and Aldburg was not in its original place (Rohan), It seems to have flown and settled across the bridge of Moria, far away where it should be.

I have a screener but can't attach it to this message. Anybody interested please mail me and I will send it.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 04:19:01 AM »
That's kind of scary ... quests get canceled for no reason.  Better than quests you can never get rid of, but still odd.  Maybe that would be better if the quest were handed off to the lieutenant who is left in charge... so if the orders were to get a bunch of sumpter horses or something, you wouldn't be left with a bunch of stinking horses.

How you can cancel/get quests is quite limited at the moment and this was the best quick fix I could do.  The better option, as Bryce suggested, is to have the castellans handle the quests all the time as they dont leave. Ill look at this for a future update.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:16:07 AM by Ancientwanker »

Offline The Yogi

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 04:20:27 AM »
When talking to a country levy party after killing some brigands together, I got told that Mirkwood was crushed. BEFORE the war of the ring had started. Was the news wrong? Otherwise, how could Mirkwood be crushed before they spawned any hosts?

sounds like a bug. I didnt put false info in yet.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:17:43 AM by Ancientwanker »

Demonic Spoon

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
-Isengard rescue is broken, at least it was for me. Craptons of enemies were stuck in the wall, passing through each other, and the ability to see me through a wall.

actually stuck in the wall? or just pressed up against it? Which level was this, can you describe the floor layout?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 07:27:31 AM by Ancientwanker »

RavenSteel

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 05:56:30 PM »
 I downloaded it but when I go on and the loading screen goes, it stops at textures and crashes saying that one of the costume files couldn't be opened. I'll see which one it is and clarify it.

you may not have enough texture memory. Make sure you are loading the "TLD" module (thats 2.4). Apparently the old 2.3 one was called "The_Last_Days" in the mod menu.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 01:44:28 PM by Ancientwanker »

Offline The Yogi

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 12:53:38 AM »
I play  a gondorian, and can't hire Ulfas. My conversation with him: ULFAS - Surrender or die, make your choice. ME - I am not afraid of you, i will fight (this option is in two different text blocks, and nothing else). What have i done to make him so angry on me?

Can confirm this bug too. AW, maybe a minifix update to take care of this one thing? It's really annoying not being able to hire Ulfas. Haven't noticing anything else gamebreaking so far.

--fixed for 2.4.1
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 01:36:32 PM by Ancientwanker »