Author Topic: Death  (Read 9401 times)

Lord.Bedham

Death
« on: August 10, 2007, 06:24:03 AM »
Um, its only a question. Is this mod death? After the drawing contest its totaly cold. There are no screenshots or news for over months...

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
Re: Death
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 09:41:35 AM »
Read the Development information first post and the posts that have been done in the last few days. Its far from dead, its just that my time is better spent coding than taking screenshots and writing in the forum ;).

Edit:

I apologize for the lull after the art contest, but I was taking a summer course at my university and the Professor was so disorganized that we ended up having our final and our midterm a week and a half apart. Right after the contest finished I had to stick my nose to the grindstone and study hence hence my being incommunicado. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 09:47:23 AM by Ahadhran »

Sunhawken

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 08:37:15 PM »
Read the Development information first post and the posts that have been done in the last few days. Its far from dead, its just that my time is better spent coding than taking screenshots and writing in the forum ;).

Edit:

I apologize for the lull after the art contest, but I was taking a summer course at my university and the Professor was so disorganized that we ended up having our final and our midterm a week and a half apart. Right after the contest finished I had to stick my nose to the grindstone and study hence hence my being incommunicado. 

Is this mod still going up are on pause?

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 11:40:50 PM »
Its sort of on pause until the new module system is out...

Also I have two people who will be helping me with various aspects of the mod. I hope to have a release out not too long after the release of the new module system but its hard to say how much school will intervene into my life once it starts next week.

Alec{zacool}

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 06:48:11 PM »
The new Module system is out, it has been for about 10 days, so yeah.

-Alec

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 09:45:39 PM »
Yeah, and I have looked at it and started some work on preparing porting, as well as continued scripting, but school has been very invasive. I spend 31 hours per week just going to class and being on campus. I still have to study and do assignments in addition to that so work is slow.

On the bright side, I have been getting some offers for help, so hopefully that will be a mitigating factor. I don't know how good the next version of darkmod will be, but I would really like to get something released.

Knightmaster

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 09:24:19 AM »
Im sorry to ask this, but is this mod dead?

Or are you waiting for the next M&B release?

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 10:02:37 PM »
Due to my incredible amount of work load at college this mod is more of a hiatus status. I am taking a lighter load next quarter but I can't promise anything. However this summer I will actually not be taking any classes or having anything I really have to do, at which point hopefully M&B will be out of beta and I can work on releasing a good mod that I won't have to worry about updating too much since next year college will be worse than this year.

I apologize for my lack of being able to do anything on this, but real life has been chewing me up and spitting me out. (Its not just the mod thats left by the wayside, I don't have a social life either  :lol:).

pil313

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 04:30:55 AM »
is this mod still alive ? hope it keeps going

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 01:06:09 AM »
 I plan to work on it this summer after I get out of college. Don't expect a release before the version 1.00 of M&B though since I simply won't have the time to mess with the ugliness of porting. In the event that M&B 1.0 is late in coming I will work on basic scripts and graphical work until I can get the final module system. After I get the final 1.0 version out I will probably stop support for it and hand the source over to anyone who wants it and wants to develop it further.

Knightmaster

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 02:29:39 PM »
After I get the final 1.0 version out I will probably stop support for it and hand the source over to anyone who wants it and wants to develop it further.

So you wont release the mod? Why are you going to give the source code?

Quail

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 03:27:17 PM »
No I think he means that after he does a version 1 release of Darkmod, he will release the source code to someone to continue it.

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 03:16:19 PM »
No I think he means that after he does a version 1 release of Darkmod, he will release the source code to someone to continue it.

That is exactly what I mean.

Chel

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 05:28:46 PM »
I plan to work on it this summer after I get out of college. Don't expect a release before the version 1.00 of M&B though since I simply won't have the time to mess with the ugliness of porting. In the event that M&B 1.0 is late in coming I will work on basic scripts and graphical work until I can get the final module system. After I get the final 1.0 version out I will probably stop support for it and hand the source over to anyone who wants it and wants to develop it further.

that'll be good :)