Author Topic: Dark Ages of Calradia ( Dead )  (Read 44982 times)

messenger

Re: Dark Ages of Calradia
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 09:52:56 AM »
These are all good ideas, I back the idea of having the city in sections as it will make it player friendly as not everybody can run M&B flawlessly.
Also perhaps with resources you can get them according to the amount of men you have in your party, as the more men you have, the more trees can be cut down.
Possibly crafting should be able to allow for 'new' suits of armour that are unbuyable?

Scion

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 10:18:44 AM »
Also perhaps with resources you can get them according to the amount of men you have in your party, as the more men you have, the more trees can be cut down.
This is not a bad idea... if I go for personal woodchopping, this will be present.

Possibly crafting should be able to allow for 'new' suits of armour that are unbuyable?
Yes, the crafted armor will be different and unique, but probably more primitive/simpler; no uniforms or fancyness. Probably.

New screens of the map in the second post. The Khudan area has already been de-extremed, so I know it is a little over the top.

messenger

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 10:37:14 AM »
Is it yet possible to make troops very unique stat wise? Ie all Swadians have higher weapon skills and shielding then their counterparts, while the Radoghir's have more althetics and power strike?

Scion

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 10:54:05 AM »
I`m not sure, but general differences lies in how they wage war, and their troop types. All weapons have higher damage, and armor have higher defense stats.

Typical elite cavalry or close combat troops have for factions:
Radoghirs - fast horses, excellent physics, almost no armor
Swadians - heavily armored, lances, good physics
Calradians - well armored, more close combat weapons, good physics
Velucans - Foot soliders, well armored, good physics
People of Suno, Uxhal - Heavily armored, good weapons, average physics
Sarnath - same, but good physics
Khudans - Foot soliders, some armor, strong and agile.

So Khudans and Radoghirs would be very similar, but have different fighting styles: Khudans are footmen, radoghirs are horsemen.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 11:28:18 AM »
I could help you out with the sieges if you make the resources. I'm seriously Dying to make a siege mod.

Bakustra

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 11:31:38 AM »
Hey- I know I'm late, but about the reasources-
is there a way to make mines and forests like forts, where you attack them? that way you could raid the area underfire. theonly things would be that there'd need to be at least a watch tower, and it would have to be untakable. (as in, kill everyone, and when you leave, they're still there.)

(first post! wooo!!)

messenger

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 01:06:04 PM »
I could help you out with the sieges if you make the resources. I'm seriously Dying to make a siege mod.
Give this man a gallon of coffee and let him get started :P.

rmancrusader

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 07:48:05 PM »
hw will it run on a Geforce 6200 overclocked?

Sunhawken

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
So when is the expected release date?

Leprechaun

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 03:13:31 AM »
Reasonably, like Native.

Scion

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 04:56:56 AM »
Resources? Such as models, scenes etc? That would in case be great, but we have to agree how to do it. What do you think of my current plans?

Hey- I know I'm late, but about the reasources-
is there a way to make mines and forests like forts, where you attack them? that way you could raid the area underfire. theonly things would be that there'd need to be at least a watch tower, and it would have to be untakable. (as in, kill everyone, and when you leave, they're still there.)
You can raid them and kill everybody in it, and it will become empty. If you deploy somebody there you will own it, but it`s pretty useless without a close host city as you have to send resource trains with the production back to a city, and you will probably not get as far.

I have no way of knowing that.

So when is the expected release date?
Not soon...

messenger

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 09:35:06 AM »
Resources? Such as models, scenes etc? That would in case be great, but we have to agree how to do it. What do you think of my current plans?
I think he means coding, we all know yoshi is a coding beast.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2007, 10:53:40 AM »

Yeah exactly. I've got a few ideas. Most are pretty similar to yours. I'd just do the normal siege stuff, catapults, siege towers, ladders. That stuff if you're too worried about resources. I'll talk to you nearer the time, once I'm a little more done with pirates.

Scion

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 12:53:47 PM »
Okay good stuff.  :) I`m open for anything that turns out good.

Scion

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2007, 04:37:42 PM »
Proposals for troop names are welcome. There`s a lot of loose ends on this subject, but currently the following is planned. While some armies might be similar, this is done to grant them a flexible choice, but they have large differences stat-wise. It is a sort of merging between Forral`s suggestion to keep them very different from each other, Chel`s Expanded Gameplay mod with short but many troop trees, and my own desire to have it a little complicated  :)

Swadians

Elite
Knight - Mounted, warhorse, lance, sword and shield, fully armoured.
Brother Knight - Mounted, unarmoured horse, oneh/twoh/lances, shield, fully armoured.
Brother Footknight - One and two handed weapons, shield, fully armoured.
Sacred Executioner - Fast horse, fully armoured, two handed weapon. Very good with weapons and riding.

Regular
Swordsman - Armour in leather, sword, shield.
Spearman - Armour in leather, spear, shield.

Low Quality
Bowman - Shirt, low quality bow, onehanded sword.
Militiaman - Varied clothing, varied melee weapons.
Peasant - Civilian clothes, varied weapons.

Calradians

Elite
Knight - Mounted, warhorse, lance, sword and shield, fully armoured.
Longbowman - Leather shirt and hood, light sword, longbow.
Pikeman - Armoured, pike.
Axeman - Leather armour, axe, shield.

Regulars
Axeman
Spearman
Horseman
Archer
Ranger

Low-quality
Militiaman
Bowman
Woodsman
Peasant

People of Suno
Devided by cities

Elite
Footknight of Uxhal
Uxhal Pikeman
Uxhal Halberdier
Knight of Uxhal
Protector of Uxhal

Footknight of Suno
Slayer of the Sun
Knight of Suno
Champion of Suno

Sarnath Knight

Regulars
Uxhal Men-At-Arms
Uxhal Spearman
Uxhal Rider

Suno Archer
Suno Skirmisher
Suno Swordsman
Suno Rider

Low-quality
Uxhal Militiaman
Uxhal Horseman

Warrior of Suno
Suno Horseman

Peasant

Velucans

Elite
Celephais Swordsman
Velucan Legionary

New map screenshot in the second post by the way. Experimental farming ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 02:31:55 AM by Scion »