login

Author Topic: Work dump  (Read 21991 times)

Scion

Work dump
« on: July 29, 2007, 09:00:24 AM »
Long time!  :)
So I stumbled into the forums yesterday and just thought why not. My days as a lazy student is over anyway.

Very unfortunately, I think I mistakely deleted my .808 port of DAoC during a clean XP install on my computer, so everything is not here (but not too much is lost, I hope). The source ain't no use to anybody.

Credits:
Chel - I retextured his horses, or prettyfied them. I don't believe that Chel would mind me putting it up, so..
If anybody else should find something that I've got from you, yell out. I couldn't go through each brf file right now.. in case that would be Raz or luigi.

(The lack of) Terms of use:
Don't make Dark Ages of Calradia :P

Notes:
The black thumbnails is due to dds thumbnail viewer. I didn't bother doing anything with it.
Models may have flaws, especially some costumes that have bone weight issues.

Brfs (5193 kB)

(Mercenary and DAoC 0.751 resources directories)

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=188122

Costumes (20 169 kB)

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=188149

Geat Helmets (1439 kB)
Just recolored native, not all pretty but anyway.

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=188151

Chainmail texture (1649 kB)
In my opinion a good chainmail texture, shadowed by a shadow layer, in psd format. It's not perfect because I just copy/pasted to extend it. But who wants perfect, reality aint.

(preview image incorrect size)

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=188157

Horses (2770 kB)
I think some of the meshes are messed up in 0.808. The native 0.808 meshes can of course be used, and a little modification of the warhorse by extending the length of the armor should do the trick for some of these.

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=188159

Misc (9396 kB)

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=188166
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 05:51:11 PM by Scion »

Highlander

Re: Work dump
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 09:09:00 AM »
Hey, great to hear from you.
Nice stuff btw.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 09:10:42 AM »
Awesome stuff. :D

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 12:02:23 AM »
Long time!  :)
So I stumbled into the forums yesterday and just thought why not. My days as a lazy student is over anyway.

Very unfortunately, I think I mistakely deleted my .808 port of DAoC during a clean XP install on my computer, so everything is not here (but not too much is lost, I hope). The source ain't no use to anybody.

I've still got the version of DAoC you sent to me before you disappeared, if that would help?

Regards,
Winter

Scion

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 07:40:22 AM »
Hi Winter! And yoshi and highlander

Thanks, I didn't think about that. I'm afraid it wouldn't help because there were some things I didn't send you as well, which I was planning to include in my next mod. In case it must be the horses, but I am afraid I don't have time to remedy stuff... anyway if have something "unique", I saw you say that you would find good use for it, so doesn't matter if it's not open for all. Did what I could for now anyway.

messenger

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 03:12:11 AM »
Psh, now your back when I was just about to start a new mod.

Scion

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 11:19:19 AM »
Yes, I'm an unpredictable bastdard  :P

Btw I can't continue modding at all. To do so, I have to be totally dedicated, something that's impossible right now. And hell, there hasn't even been  released a new version of M&B, what is that about? We're talking nine months or something  ???
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 11:34:52 AM by Scion »

messenger

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 04:29:58 AM »
You could make me lots of models and textures, no dedication required :P.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 04:50:05 AM »
Yes, I'm an unpredictable bastdard  :P

Btw I can't continue modding at all. To do so, I have to be totally dedicated, something that's impossible right now. And hell, there hasn't even been  released a new version of M&B, what is that about? We're talking nine months or something  ???

Predictions are for the next version of M&B very soon.  Just in time to throw a real big wrench into a lot of current mod projects.

Scion

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 10:59:03 AM »
You could make me lots of models and textures, no dedication required :P.
Aha, that's all? :P

Predictions are for the next version of M&B very soon.  Just in time to throw a real big wrench into a lot of current mod projects.
Yep, there were definately some mods that fell off the wagon last time... hopefully the next one is more backwards compatible so to speak, or else the modder friendlyness is sort of gone in my opinion..

messenger

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 11:19:22 AM »
Well it shouldn't be too terrible if they haven't modified the existing code. Only added more.
I personally can't wait, I hear there are formations included on it.
Should be fairly mod friendly as there are rumours that the mod system will come with it now.

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 12:31:37 PM »
Well it shouldn't be too terrible if they haven't modified the existing code. Only added more.
I personally can't wait, I hear there are formations included on it.
Should be fairly mod friendly as there are rumours that the mod system will come with it now.

Yeah, the last time introduced a fair bit of shake up due to the modulization of the combat menus and the new local variables. Its unlikely that there will be that much shakeup the next time.

Silver Wolf

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 05:43:23 AM »
I'm sorry for reviving this thread, but can someone re upload this ?

Offline Esevroff

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • таунхаусы дмитровское шоссе
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 08:25:12 AM »
I don't believe that Chel would mind me putting it up, so..
If anybody else should find something that I've got from you, yell out. I couldn't go through each brf file right now.. in case that would be Raz or luigi.

Offline milanLR

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • электроэпиляция в москве адреса
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 12:05:40 AM »