login

Author Topic: I have returned! (...)  (Read 5390 times)

Offline ex_ottoyuhr

• View Profile
I have returned! (...)
« on: July 21, 2007, 11:48:51 AM »
Believe it or not, I never actually died along the way here -- although I got Ron Losey seriously concerned, and the rest of you have probably given up hope. :) I'm leaving my current job in two weeks, and I really hope I'll find something else that will leave me with a little more time and energy to work on this -- and that I'll be more used to work by then and will have more energy to begin with...

At present, I'm -- still :P -- in the midst of the RCM conversion. I'm going to take a look today at a model of ASLOW weaponry etc. that Ron prepared a little while ago (how long of a little while? You probably know me well enough to guess :P -- about a month...), and I'll probably use it at least as a placeholder.

By the way, if anyone wants to work as a concept artist for this mod, I have thorough writeups of all civilian clothing for this setting that I will be overjoyed to send you. I think concept art is a requirement for 3D modelling, but I have to admit that I can't do or learn to do everything myself...

I also have the problem that the way things are currently going, the Mother of All Battles is about to erupt between the story I intend to write and the game mechanics. However, the mechanics are such a smash hit (with myself too!) that I think what I want to revise is the story, not the ruleset -- so that's going to mean a lot of reconsidering, too...

I can't guarantee how active I'll be on these fora -- it sometimes starts taking a lot of time -- but I'll definitely keep developing...

Tuckles

Re: I have returned! (...)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 08:27:11 PM »
So, are you lessening the amount of horses? :P

Offline ex_ottoyuhr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 09:00:37 PM »
I hadn't really thought about this question -- I didn't realize it was a concern. I think I should probably start a thread about this...

(Glad you're still here, though!)

Edit:

Actually, I think you're right -- it would make a lot of sense to just drop the tf_guarantee_horse from lower-tier paths of troops who will level up into cavalry. And add a few genuine lower tiers, too -- there's not much room at the bottom right now.

The troop tree's in for a serious revision, as you might guess... :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 09:03:29 PM by ex_ottoyuhr »

Tuckles

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 08:49:05 AM »
Also, make sure to add High-tier footmen. Lest some of us *cough*me*cough* be disappointed. What happened to the footman vote?  :lol:

Offline ex_ottoyuhr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 07:19:07 PM »
I'll be sure to. In part of my reconsidering of the setting, I'm catching on that this model of "horsemen only" isn't really culturally apt...

Sunhawken

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 06:56:40 AM »
Thanks i hated all those horse  to :/ (Glad your back i love this mod.)

Offline Fisheye

• Blues Brother
  • Guildsman
  • My scalp's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 07:55:10 PM »
Good luck with the job search! Wishing you less stress in the process!

Where are those costume descriptions by the way?

Offline ex_ottoyuhr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 06:10:30 PM »
I was meaning to post them a while ago, but I never got around to it. Now that you mention it, I'll put them up now -- if anyone wants to contribute concept art for them, they'd certainly be welcome... :)

I'm honored to have you with us, too. :) Today was my last day at work; I need to get cracking on the job hunt, but evidently on the mod, too...

Tuckles

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 06:01:55 PM »
Job first. Your computer might be requisitioned by the government, because you didn't pay taxes or something. THEN where would ASLOW be?  :lol:

Offline ex_ottoyuhr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 06:40:54 PM »
Very good point, of course. :) Hopefully I'll find some situation where I'll be able to work more on the mod; I'm thinking of something with US government somewhere...

Alec{zacool}

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 09:02:27 PM »
I love the horse archers in this, keep the horse archers, but I reckon there isn't enough infantry.