login

Author Topic: Temp. thread: suggestions, comments on this subforum  (Read 5810 times)

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
Temp. thread: suggestions, comments on this subforum
« on: January 13, 2007, 11:02:59 PM »
Ok I set up an outline of how I will keep track of things here, now I just need input and suggestions on how it could be better or if its fine as is. The request thread is pretty strait forward but the indexing of the available resources can be more complex. Let me know if you think I have missed anything! :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 06:09:13 PM by Ahadhran »

Yoshiboy

Re: Temporary thread: suggestions, comments on this subforum
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 03:45:49 AM »
I like it so far, the requests is a good idea and I think we could get people like stoned dude to set up their threads in this forum where we could get updated on their brilliant weapon packs! In the other thread it might be good to specify something about weapon packs though, with links to download etc.

Offline Fisheye

• Blues Brother
  • Guildsman
  • My scalp's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 07:34:39 AM »
Looks great!

How does one submit an entry? Do I start a new topic?

Brigadier Hussey

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 09:46:22 AM »
I think you put it in the compilation thread... or perhaps the moderator chooses the better submitted models to post in?

Brigadier Hussey

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 09:48:26 AM »
Oh, and an idea, would it be sensible for people submitting various models to use one thread? Say for instance raptor submitting his Roman armour and his weapon pack, would he be best to put them all in one thread called raptor's models, updated whenever, or to submit them seperately?

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 10:24:23 AM »
I like it so far, the requests is a good idea and I think we could get people like stoned dude to set up their threads in this forum where we could get updated on their brilliant weapon packs! In the other thread it might be good to specify something about weapon packs though, with links to download etc.

In the mod compilation thread I will definitely have links to download along with other relevant info (take a look and see, I set up an example entry). 

How does one submit an entry? Do I start a new topic?

To submit, one merely needs to pm me or as someone else said post in the compilation thread. I think I outlined it in my post but maybe I need to make it more obvious. Also I should mention that I won't actively search out every new model some one makes. Only people who come to me wanting their stuff here will have an entry in the compilation thread. That said, if I see a really great weapon pack coming along but the creator hasn't come forward, I will pm them and ask them if they would like to be added.

I think you put it in the compilation thread... or perhaps the moderator chooses the better submitted models to post in?

On that second part, I'm not sure and should be open to discussion. Deciding what is quality and what isn't is a sticky business that can offend people. It hadn't actually occurred to me that anyones submissions would ever need to be rejected. Unless some other ideas come up I think I will keep it that way and find a solution when and if things get out of hand.

Oh, and an idea, would it be sensible for people submitting various models to use one thread? Say for instance raptor submitting his Roman armour and his weapon pack, would he be best to put them all in one thread called raptor's models, updated whenever, or to submit them seperately?

In the compilation thread it would be two entries most likely, but whether or not raptor chose to have one or two threads would be up to him I think.

Thanks for the support. Keep the questions and comments coming!

Offline Fisheye

• Blues Brother
  • Guildsman
  • My scalp's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
    • View Profile
Re: Temp. thread: suggestions, comments on this subforum
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 11:26:11 PM »
Ok, if to submit a new resource I send a PM Ahadhran, then on what occaision should I start a new thread?

I'm guessing I should start a new thread called (for example) "Ornate retexture of Black Plate model" and post some relevant info there, that's where people can post feedback and suggestions and discuss improvements and future work. And then to have this new resource added to the compilation sticky, I send a PM to Ahadran so he can input the info into the compilation thread based on whether my retexture passes the suckiness test.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 11:32:40 PM by Fisheye »

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
Re: Temp. thread: suggestions, comments on this subforum
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 12:27:22 AM »
Ok, if to submit a new resource I send a PM Ahadhran, then on what occaision should I start a new thread?

I'm guessing I should start a new thread called (for example) "Ornate retexture of Black Plate model" and post some relevant info there, that's where people can post feedback and suggestions and discuss improvements and future work. And then to have this new resource added to the compilation sticky, I send a PM to Ahadran so he can input the info into the compilation thread based on whether my retexture passes the suckiness test.

Thats the sum of it!  :P Although people don't have to make their own thread if they don't want to...if someone does really great work and just wants to have it posted thats fine too. Also a model that originated out of the request thread might make it into the compilation too.