login

Author Topic: Donation  (Read 5996 times)

Sunhawken

Donation
« on: July 14, 2007, 10:38:36 PM »
Do you guys take donation?

Silver

Re: Donation
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 07:29:25 AM »
If they say no... You can give it to me. As a dedicated player of this mod it is almost the same...

Highlander

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 07:34:21 AM »
Or me, I have nothing to do with this mod, but well...

Sunhawken

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 08:27:44 PM »
I only want my money to go towards the progress of the mod.  :-\

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 09:27:49 PM »
Ex_otto is kind of busy at the moment - he's headed back to school, as it were.  Therefore, his frequency of contact with this board is shaky at best.

I don't really think he considers himself a charity that takes donations, but if you really want to help, contact him by PM and see what can be done.  Again, his response may be delayed, as he may be really busy at the moment.

My part on this is only delayed by ex_otto being out-of-pocket, and by the fact I'm also working on pretty much every other major mod at the moment.  (Right now it's ONR and the soon-to-be-released RCM version for TLD.)  I'm off for the summer, still drawing a salary ... so in great irony, money wouldn't help me a darn bit right now.  (I don't have a lot of extra, mind you, and it's all in Chinese Renminbi that can't be converted to "hard currency" very easily... but I have quite enough of it for the moment.)  So I am not a charity.

At the moment, aside from Raz over on Holy War donating some models/textures, I don't think anybody else is doing much for this mod.  It's hard to get organized when ex_otto is busy much of the time.

Most of these mods are done as a hobby.  The best thing you could do to help is to actually help with the mod.  I know ASLOW could use concept artists and graphics people ... anyone interested in that should get with ex_otto by PM and try to get a feel for what he is looking for.

Sunhawken

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 10:05:54 PM »
ok ok ok i understand. Once i get good in modding I'll help.

I been training my self in modding M&B.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 10:24:08 PM »
ok ok ok i understand. Once i get good in modding I'll help.

I been training my self in modding M&B.

Best of luck on that.  I'm trying to teach myself to do graphics as well, and it's not easy.

Offline ex_ottoyuhr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 11:57:49 AM »
Actually, I hadn't thought about this previously, but I'm going to have to look into what's necessary to take donations, if there's interest in it...

However, at this point, I'd much rather have art than money. If anyone inclined to donate is an artist with reasonable experience with depicting clothing, please donate time instead of money... (Any 3D modellers, please wait until I have a paper artist first, but you're certainly invited. :) )

Tuckles

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 08:25:53 PM »
Wow, ex_ottoyuhr is posting again! Praise the gods 'n stuff!  :lol:

Servitor

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 02:10:06 PM »
Lol!

I ain't promising anything, but your post about clothing design got me to think about learning to draw. In witch I stopped half a year ago. :? Who knows, maybe I will get the knack of it again.

Offline ex_ottoyuhr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 11:07:29 AM »
Servitor -- yes, if you could learn drawing, especially how to draw fashion plates for 3D modellers, that would be the most valuable donation you could possibly make. :) I'd love to see some of these concepts brought to life; there are now more of them in the wider Honseli world, but none that really effect the situation in ASLOW.

Well, one exception, that we're going to see later on -- I realized that based on their earlier history, having Galines in ASLOW is like having Carthagenians in the Second World War. That's going to need some changes, and the (to-rename) Sivaic styles of dress will need to be adjusted/rewritten correspondingly. I'll be sure to update the post for that, of course.

Please let me know if you're ever interested in doing, and able to do, art for the mod; please don't feel that it's obligatory, though.

(Edit: malapropism, used "compulsory" for "obligatory" in the last line.)

Servitor

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 12:19:40 AM »
Those fashion plates are sort of advertising drawings of the clothing? That shows the current fashion?  :o

I can't recall the term so well... =p
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 12:25:07 AM by Servitor »

Servitor

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 06:13:08 PM »
Fashion plates. Got them.

http://content.lib.washington.edu/cgi-bin/getimage.exe?CISOROOT=/costumehist&CISOPTR=420&DMDIM=500&DMDIMW=600&DMDIMH=600

Things like that site.

But omg, The finer aspects of drawing are hard. I can now create something that looks like a sort of dress, =p But not yet fit for the more complex stuff here needed. Still, I would like to hear a little more from you xD

*Drawing and improving*

Servitor