login

Author Topic: Awesome mod!  (Read 5791 times)

Offline Forral

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Awesome mod!
« on: July 01, 2007, 08:48:42 AM »
I thought this topic was missing from the subforum. Every awesome mod needs a topic to scream of it's awesomeness.  ;)

So here goes - You rock, your mod rocks, and I'm very eager to see more. Two thumbs up!

Though it might currently have a few quirks, it's some really impressive work to change the gameplay as much from the original game as to make it seem like a whole other type of game.

-Forral-

Offline Cartread

• View Profile
Re: Awesome mod!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 04:06:05 AM »
Though it might currently have a few quirks, it's some really impressive work to change the gameplay as much from the original game as to make it seem like a whole other type of game.

I said before, Hero & Blade was designed to vary from native as much as possible (or at least a good amount).  Open-ended to structured...Plus...I'm tired of traveling on the world map! :P

Using Hero Quest also gives me a foothold to build off of.  The world of Hero Quest itself is different from M&B, more magical, but still a "dark age" type game.

dbouya

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 12:25:46 AM »
damn this mod got me wanting the old board game back... i got one as a kid shortly after it was made.... it was lost or yard saled like 12-15years ago though probably  i looked online and hasbaro doesn't seem to make it anymore? so the only copies are used on like ebay and junk :( waaa waaaa heroquest is like monopoly you shouldn't ever stop selling them!

anyone feel free to let me know if they hear of new heroquests being sold (i wouldn't really want a used one... buy only to find the pieces heavily used)

Quail

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 11:48:43 AM »
well for know you could download a freeware version of Hero Quest for computer

heres the link:

http://www.reloaded.org/download/HeroQuest/145/

Metzger

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 02:37:24 PM »
This is a great mod.
In my oppinion this heroquest freeware is far better.
This is still only my oppinion so I hope I did not offend you Quail.
Doesn't work on vista thou  :(

http://members.westnet.com.au/brick27/compgame.html

Oh, and by the way Cartread did you look at the thing about heroquest advanced and the many adons?
If you did, was there anything interesting that you might use?

Quail

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 03:27:07 PM »
Why does it not install?
(Out of curiosity)

No you didn't offend me..."if it don't work, it don't work."

Metzger

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 01:27:03 AM »
It's a zip file. You need a winzip to extract it or something similar like winrar.  ;)
There is no installation program just unzip and play.
Worked for me just fine thou can't play it anymore as I have vista.  :(
Hero&blade was a zip too, how did you get that opened?

Offline Cartread

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 12:16:16 PM »
Oh, and by the way Cartread did you look at the thing about heroquest advanced and the many adons?
If you did, was there anything interesting that you might use?

The rules and stuff weren't very clear and those sites were kinda hard to navigate.  I do want to create a "random" dungeon though, similar to Tobal No. 1, if anyone's played that.  There'll be many (30-50?-100?) different layouts (scenes) and they'll choose between them all randomly.

Metzger

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 08:54:23 AM »
Sound's interesting, keep up the good work.  8)