Author Topic: Craftmod Integration Help & Instructions  (Read 18560 times)

Buxton

Re: Craftmod Integration Help & Instructions
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 10:47:19 AM »
Hey, my question is simple; it's about combining items to make a new item, such as musket balls and the black powder keg.

I wish to combine a scope, and a rifle, and when so, it becomes a sniper rifle. Which part of the code - which module files need editing to do this?

Thanks friend.

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 11:13:50 AM »
Hey, my question is simple; it's about combining items to make a new item, such as musket balls and the black powder keg.

I wish to combine a scope, and a rifle, and when so, it becomes a sniper rifle. Which part of the code - which module files need editing to do this?

Thanks friend.

This is very simple. However, you have two options of going about it. Do you want it to be a crafting operation or an assembly operation?

Crafting operations are more like creating things from X amount of raw materials. Assembly operations are more like putting together two finished things, and they don't improve crafting skills.

The code that handles item assembly is under the dialogue-state "bs_assembly" in module_dialogs.py. Just look at one of the assembly options there and I think you'll get the idea. It's really very simple, you create a dialogue menu option for an item, and in the consequences block for that option, you assign "$craft_item" (the finished item to be created), "$craft_component_1" & "$craft_component_2" (the components to use, both will be removed). And components 3 and/or 4 if you need them.

Buxton

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 11:54:32 AM »
This line?

Code: [Select]
[trp_player|plyr,"bs_weapambly_3", [(eq,"$craft_ambly_type",1)], "Fighting axe.", "bs_ambly_materials",[(assign,"$craft_item","itm_fighting_axe"),(assign,"$craft_component_1","itm_fighting_axe_head"),(assign,"$craft_component_2","itm_axe_handle")]],
But to change to this:
[trp_player|plyr,"bs_weapambly_3", [(eq,"$craft_ambly_type",1)], "Mosin-Nagant Scoped.", "bs_ambly_materials",[(assign,"$craft_item","itm_Mosin_Nagant_scoped"),(assign,"$craft_component_1","itm_PU_Scope"),(assign,"$craft_component_2","itm_Mosin_Nagant")]],

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2007, 12:06:05 PM »
This line?

[trp_player|plyr,"bs_weapambly_3", [(eq,"$craft_ambly_type",1)], "Fighting axe.", "bs_ambly_materials",[(assign,"$craft_item","itm_fighting_axe"),(assign,"$craft_component_1","itm_fighting_axe_head"),(assign,"$craft_component_2","itm_axe_handle")]],
But to change to this:
[trp_player|plyr,"bs_weapambly_3", [(eq,"$craft_ambly_type",1)], "Mosin-Nagant Scoped.", "bs_ambly_materials",[(assign,"$craft_item","itm_Mosin_Nagant_scoped"),(assign,"$craft_component_1","itm_PU_Scope"),(assign,"$craft_component_2","itm_Mosin_Nagant")]],

Exactly. Be sure to check module_scripts for uses of "$craft_ambly_type", particularly in the item modifier assigning scripts. craft_type and ambly_type help keep items straight for the modifier scripts and govern which modifiers are used for a given item.

theogn8219

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 12:49:47 PM »
Thanks you sir,  :D. I guess i'll take up some rigging tutorial and see what i can do.

Myden Blat

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 07:42:13 AM »
1.Is the newest version for .751, and can i still download it to .751?

2. Can the unofficial editor change this mod?
I'll be a MUCH more happy if ^^

3. Well....anyway, is the arena expansion modded in here?