login

Author Topic: Craftmod Integration Help & Instructions  (Read 18561 times)

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Craftmod Integration Help & Instructions
« on: January 13, 2007, 09:56:52 PM »
This will feature help and instructions on integrating Craftmod into your mod. If you have any questions, please ask them here.

Foliaceously,
Winter

Brigadier Hussey

Re: Craftmod Integration Help & Instructions
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 09:50:31 AM »
Oh good man, this is just what I need.

the_mango55

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 07:40:55 PM »
This is less of a question about integrating it into my own mod, and more of my wanting to simply to edit the original version a bit.

So I was trying to create a new line of troops that upgrade from townsmen, that use guns, but have encountered some problems (note that I'm new to using python, so bear with me):

1. Some of the items used in the game don't have an entry in the module_items.py file. The ones I need specifically are: the handgonne, the steel stickgonne, the musket, the halberd, and the morion (helmet). Although it would be nice to be able to know the id's of all the unlisted items, is there a place I can find that?

2. None of the troops have any firearm skills. Is there any way to increase this in the module_toops.py file?

Thanks

Great mod BTW.

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 08:16:05 PM »
This is less of a question about integrating it into my own mod, and more of my wanting to simply to edit the original version a bit.

So I was trying to create a new line of troops that upgrade from townsmen, that use guns, but have encountered some problems (note that I'm new to using python, so bear with me):

1. Some of the items used in the game don't have an entry in the module_items.py file. The ones I need specifically are: the handgonne, the steel stickgonne, the musket, the halberd, and the morion (helmet). Although it would be nice to be able to know the id's of all the unlisted items, is there a place I can find that?

2. None of the troops have any firearm skills. Is there any way to increase this in the module_toops.py file?

Thanks

Great mod BTW.

Ummm . . . Are you using the Native module system?

You realise you would need the Craftmod source code to do any editing, and I'm fairly sure I've not given you the password to that . . . Not that the currently-available Craftmod source version would even work on M&B 0.808.

Reminds me, I'll go upload that now.

Legislatively,
Winter

the_mango55

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 08:33:13 PM »

Ummm . . . Are you using the Native module system?

You realise you would need the Craftmod source code to do any editing, and I'm fairly sure I've not given you the password to that . . . Not that the currently-available Craftmod source version would even work on M&B 0.808.

Reminds me, I'll go upload that now.

Legislatively,
Winter

Ahhhh, I see.

And actually I had no idea that native module editing wouldn;t work with another mod.

As I said, I'm new to editing with python, so I'm just kind of bumbling around right now.

And you need a password to modify the files? I haven't done much modding for M&B (and none for at least 6-8 months, just got back into the game), but I have a lot of experience modding Total War games. I enjoy modding my own personal touches into the major mod releases.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 08:36:57 PM by the_mango55 »

theogn8219

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 11:19:48 AM »
Okay, my first comment is that I think you're going about this the wrong way. If you want to isolate and use any part of Craftmod, it would be easier to copy the main tuple that you want from Craftmod into your own mod source (such as the "camp" menu from module_game_menus) and then start copying over the dependencies (like scripts, strings and so on) as needed for that tuple. Then copy any further dependencies for those dependencies. ;)  Comment out any of those dependencies as needed to make sure everything still compiles and you haven't missed anything.

It's really far too big a mod to just adapt. Making one giant library is going to confuse things and make the task seem bigger than it really is. Just unravel it bit by bit, and make sure you understand the code involved. If you need any of that explained, I'll be happy to help.

theogn8219

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 01:44:50 PM »
hi winter,

Thanks for the advice. Got one question though. Where do i look to find the code that require the player to have the appropriate item be4 he/she can havest material? (ex: play want to chop wood in a timber grove, a message displays he cant chop wood without and axe). Which module do i look into for this type of item requirement? I just want to add some items requirement for making camp (some fur, linen, or food). please help

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 02:39:07 PM »
hi winter,

Thanks for the advice. Got one question though. Where do i look to find the code that require the player to have the appropriate item be4 he/she can havest material? (ex: play want to chop wood in a timber grove, a message displays he cant chop wood without and axe). Which module do i look into for this type of item requirement? I just want to add some items requirement for making camp (some fur, linen, or food). please help

In Craftmod, this is handled in the script "player_has_item", but that script is rather heavy-duty and keyed to Craftmod. You'd be better off making your own script like it.

theogn8219

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 10:53:54 PM »
Sorry to be a bother again, but seem like i cant figure out how to fix this bug. I noticed that a failure in hunting attempt while camping with a heroe (ex: Borcha) result in loosing that heroe completely, and the script to leave (anything: like leaving town, leaving battle) wont work after many clicks. Any ideas? (I didnt remove anything from your source, still Craftmod 1.5)

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 01:02:41 AM »
Sorry to be a bother again, but seem like i cant figure out how to fix this bug. I noticed that a failure in hunting attempt while camping with a heroe (ex: Borcha) result in loosing that heroe completely, and the script to leave (anything: like leaving town, leaving battle) wont work after many clicks. Any ideas? (I didnt remove anything from your source, still Craftmod 1.5)

This, too, would be better fixed by a change of systems. The current script is unreliable as it actually removes people from your party when you enter camp. It would be easier to simply do away with the code that removes/readds Borcha and Marnid. I'll write something better instead.

theogn8219

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 07:09:45 AM »
HI again, while trying to complile the python, i got this error:

Error: Unrecognized tag:ymirain object:ymira_joined_party
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:ymira_joined_party

Seem like the tag is misspelled, but i dont know where to go find it. Looked everywhere in the dialogs module but dont see it.
PLease helpl

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 07:25:54 AM »
HI again, while trying to complile the python, i got this error:

Error: Unrecognized tag:ymirain object:ymira_joined_party
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:ymira_joined_party

Seem like the tag is misspelled, but i dont know where to go find it. Looked everywhere in the dialogs module but dont see it.
PLease helpl

Most likely you forgot a variable mark ($ or :) before the variable ymira_joined_party.

theogn8219

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 07:57:10 AM »
Thanks, got it fix. BUt i got another question for u  :green:. In your mod, the Draught HOrse seem to have a problem, the animation and texture are messed up. I havent looked in to modeling and texturing  yet so i dont know what wrong. May be u do?  :-[

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 08:12:40 AM »
Thanks, got it fix. BUt i got another question for u  :green:. In your mod, the Draught HOrse seem to have a problem, the animation and texture are messed up. I havent looked in to modeling and texturing  yet so i dont know what wrong. May be u do?  :-[

Hey, now, 'you' is a good and respected word. There's no call not to use it.

Also, all of Craftmod's custom-modelled horses have these problems because the horse skeleton changed in 0.800 and the old horses still use the skeleton from 0.750. They need to be completely rerigged, but no one has stepped forward to do this. Nothing I can do about it unfortunately.