Author Topic: Starting out?  (Read 1824 times)

Demonic Spoon

Starting out?
« on: June 18, 2007, 03:34:28 PM »
IS there any viable way to start out other than grinding the arena at the brigand fort? It seems like you start with so little money that you can't recruit enough troops to handle even small groups of mountain goblins.

MastaSpoofa

Re: Starting out?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 03:37:09 PM »
depends on who you are  :D (Elf, man, orc, what team you play for  :P )

Since the arena lacks large funding this version, I just go out and pwn up some mountain goblins for some quick cash by selling their loot, then go off and recruit some younglings (gondor preferably, if im playing as a man) then go hit up some brigands/goblins till they are fairly hardened as soldiers, by then im usually decent starting level and have a fair amount of cash.

As an elf..... oww, getting fellow elves to rollop in the woods with me hunting some yrch is hard =( but FUN non-the less.

Tat

Re: Starting out?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 04:11:42 PM »
Playing Beast, I'd say go and get the two free NPC's first - well one free and one at 10 points, which is almost free . . .  Then buy a cheap horse and as many Snagas or youths as you can get and hit everything small and immobile . . .
Also, even though the  arena doesn't pay as well as in the prior version, if you do the gauntlet thing, fighting to see if you can beat 100 opponents in waves (something along the lines of that) you'll get a trait that allows you to recruit experienced Brigands (doesn't work though) and this trait comes with a lot of gold as a reward well! I'm not sure if there's a minimum you need to kill to get it . . .  There's a similar trait, when fighting in the orc pits, that also comes with some gold . . .