login

Author Topic: TLD: Bug reports for 2.3.1  (Read 85629 times)

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
TLD: Bug reports for 2.3.1
« on: June 09, 2007, 04:31:44 PM »
Bug Reports for version 2.3.1

Link to patch to update 2.3 to 2.3.1
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,597.msg8904.html#msg8904

The problems FAQ (with possible solutions):

The game crashes on load or wont fully load up

It takes a while to load all the textures but if it crashes out on start up you may not have enough memory. Try turning down the texture sizes in the options menu and see if you can load. If after turning that down you still cant play youll likely need to wait for me to make a low-res texture pack in the next few weeks. This might allow you to play.

The floor in minas tirith seems to be missing its texture, I'm guessing it's not supposed to be black.

In M&B options, in the video settings, enable DirectX9 Shaders.

Just got back from playing again. I am warning everyone with a slow computer to avoid entering any elven town. I have tried most of them any they all CTD. AW, you might need to post an optimal specs thread.

Elven "towns" are very large tree maps. They can cause problems for lower spec machines and Ill look at redoing them in future. If you have a problem loading them, dont go there for now

The healing rate is slow

This is a vanilla M&B thing. If you visit the healers in the "capitals", they will restore your health as well as accelerate the healing of major wounds. Maybe later Ill include an acclerated healing option.

I dont get a shield when I select "sword and board" in the arena

its a vanilla bug that I dont know how to fix.

Is there a way to rescue heroes once the faction holding them falls?

Not at the moment. Ill put a routine in here later but they still might die as a result.

Many times(not all the time), for some reason, the game gets really slow. I dont know if this happens with other people, but It really ruins it for me. And it doesn't happen in other mods, only in this one. Please help!

If you mean in battle, your video card is being stressed. Try turning down the texture quality and/or your desktop resolution. Running the game at a lower-resolution is probably the better way to preserve image quality.

Using a language other than english you find many things arent named correctly

Go into the TLD mod folder and delete the language folder. Ill only include the english in the next one as it has a few changes.

I cant hear any music

Replace the music.txt in the TLD folder with the one from the Native folder.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 08:00:01 PM by Ancientwanker »

Offline jingolobam

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLD: Bug reports for 2.3
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 06:05:41 AM »
Hi there, at start i want to make a compliment on the looks of the new version. Just one thing, that has not been said.
After being beaten in the arena, laying on the ground i get a "Player is not on the screen" error.

fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 04:03:16 PM by Ancientwanker »

Ollieh

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 06:35:19 PM »
Also, at Brigand Fort, from a tilting match you only get paid 2 denars!

fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 06:31:29 PM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 06:57:35 PM »
I tried getting a host of lothlorien to follow my party, but after spending the influence they started heading to an elven town instead. If I talk to them they say they are following me, and if I tell them to carry on they continue on towards the town. Let me know if you want the save game.

An update on this since I don't know if it was seen or not...

Anyway the party is a Great host of Lothlorien
Problem: When I tell it to follow me, it follows Caras Galadhon instead. Once it reaches Caras Galadhon it patrols around it.
Second Problem: If I talk to the party when its patrolling around Caras Galadhon I get stuck in a conversation loop about giving reinforcements.

I will pm the save game.

fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 06:11:01 PM by Ancientwanker »

Chilly5

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 08:50:08 PM »
Certain items show up without a texture as a blank white (such as the hunter boots I think they are, and some scabbards)

dx9 shaders off or on? If you get a chance, give me one of the scabbard/sword names and Ill have an idea of where to look for shader issues.

Well, one of them I believe was just called "Sword", it's scabbard's texture is missing. I believe the shaders are on.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 10:53:36 AM by Ancientwanker »

Duuvian

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 10:30:43 PM »
In an orc fighting pit, I THINK in Dol Guldor, there must be a hole in a wall or floor somewhere because I had won an arena battle and then had to tab out and surrender because it didn't end.. I'd assume an enemy fell through somewhere. Amazing and excellent work on this mod though, and thanks for making it. Also, wolves make horse noises, but thats one gift I won't look in the mouth.  ::)

fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 12:05:47 PM by Ancientwanker »

Ar - Adunakhor

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 04:41:59 AM »
A feature where you should be able to recruit troops from Balan doesn't seem to activate.

fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 06:31:53 PM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Elmar Bijlsma

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 05:42:59 AM »
Playing as the Elves I'm getting unexpectedly large amounts of prestige.
I think it's the weekly income that's too large though I'm not quite sure. I'm in my fourth week and already have about 2500 prestige. Even with my buffed character zipping up the ranks I think that's a bit much.

should be fixed for 2.3.1
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 06:30:36 AM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 10:59:33 AM »
The adjusted skyboxes are GREAT. But the ugly lowres blue one is still there unmodified.

fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 04:44:46 PM by Ancientwanker »
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Nahkis

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 12:05:25 PM »
When I take the Hunt down raiders guest as Isengard, I can get the reward without destroying the raiders.

if others destroy them, you get it too.. but I tightened up the travel routine anyway.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 10:00:48 AM by Ancientwanker »

Napoletano

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 03:41:52 PM »
Playing as the Elves I'm getting unexpectedly large amounts of prestige.
I think it's the weekly income that's too large though I'm not quite sure. I'm in my fourth week and already have about 2500 prestige. Even with my buffed character zipping up the ranks I think that's a bit much.
Hm? I cant get enough!
I think influence points should be awarded with completed quests as well.

Bug:
Gladriel (sp?) asked me to rescue Haldir from Minas Morgul...which I did I think. I saw him in a cage, talked to him (with him punching me, cuz he was hostile) and he joined my party. But when I go back to Gladriel, and I talk about the quest, it doesnt seem as though I finished it, she wont take him.

Eowin gave me a mission but then got captured. I completed that mission and then set out to free him.
When I set him free (I worked without his castellan's orders), he just joined my party. I supposed he would return to his castle instead and give me a reward for the previous mission, which now, it seems, cannot be rewarded because the very Eowin is in my party and not in his castle! :-)

fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 11:13:32 AM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Ares

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLD: Bug reports for 2.3.1
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 09:36:11 PM »
No one is selling mounts of any kind anywhere.
Female faces are showing up though.

fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:16:44 AM by Ancientwanker »

MastaSpoofa

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 10:30:53 PM »
I think most all the shops in gondor (maybe other places too) all the weapon shops at least, sell a large bag of galadrim arrows

(2.3.1)

fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:16:53 AM by Ancientwanker »

CXZAR

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 11:13:42 PM »
i've been having this one in all my battles, but i have no idea what's causing it, i think is one of the rohan swords... but im not that sure

by the way im playing with the new bugfix

Its a sheath error. If its in all your battles its your own sword. Go into a tavern and draw your sword, if it crashes, thats the one. Check any swords you or your heroes may be using.  If none of those crash, let me know what troops you had in your army when it happened.

Did you start a new game?

probably fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 06:32:22 PM by Ancientwanker »

Aethelred

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 11:30:23 PM »
I haven't installed the bugfix so this maybe has been fixed already...

There are some bugs with the 'scouting enemy positions' and 'dispatch enemy scouts' quests. I've had this fighting for both the Rohirrim and as an Elf. As an elf, keep getting the scout enemy positions quest. For Dol Guldur scouts it works fine, but for Moria scouts it wasn't working when I found units of Moria Scouts. I thought it was just broken, but when I ran into some Warg Riders I got the enemy scouted completion text. So I guess that quest should be 'report the positions of enemy warg riders' rather than scouts. For Rohan, Erkenbrand just didn't give me any reward for killing Isengard Scouts as he was supposed to - I didn't find out what unit I was really supposed to kill, but perhaps it got them confused with Warg Riders as well, but I never killed any of them so I'm not sure.

fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:17:38 AM by Ancientwanker »