Author Topic: TLD: Bug reports for 2.3.1  (Read 91975 times)

Offline Zenosknight

• Guildsman
  • Success is measured in blood; yours or the enemys
    • View Profile
Re: TLD: Bug reports for 2.3.1
« Reply #255 on: August 14, 2007, 07:41:30 PM »
Right after freeing Orthalion and bringing him to Denethor, the game doesn't let me save anymore. I talk to my first and newly aquired hero to see if I should leave him there and hopefully I can save again...and find him standing in front of me naked. I check his inventory and he still has his horse and clothes and stuff, so I checked his skills. The character screen background was totally white and his strength and maybe other stats and skills I didn't notice were 1. After 'relogging' the game crashed and I had to open task manager, which doesn't work either, so I just restarted my computer.

Offline Zenosknight

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 14, 2007, 10:54:41 PM »
Okay, I'm practically spamming the bug reports now -.-
I restarted my computer and loaded mount&blade later on to find the game still loads from where I left off...the problem is, several npcs followed my recscued buddy's example of losing the clothes >.>
The merchant in Minas Tirith is missing his clothes and one of the guards beside Denethors throne is without a shirt and helmet...
Does this have something to do with any 'rescue hero missions' bugs?

Offline Grocat

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 16, 2007, 10:17:07 AM »
^ Wow.

Anyway, Fastred of Eastfold (or whoever is Lord of Eastfold) has been a jerk of late.  My first mission he gave me was "destroy the scouts of Isengard", which I did.  I went back to him sometime several days later and I could only tell him that I was still working on it, or that I was going to give up.  I thought I might've forgotten that I had already reset the mission and received the reward, so I cheated my way to the nearest Isengard Scouts, killed them, and then went back to see if I was being cheated myself.  Sure enough, he didn't acknoweledge that I had slain scouts for him.  So, I clicked the option to cancel the mission...which had 0/12 beside it.  Obviously he told me to stop complaining and get on with my mission.  I checked my influence...I had 12 influence.  So, I gave up and haven't given him the time of day since.

-Grocat

Offline Zenosknight

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 16, 2007, 11:22:31 AM »
oh boy....

1. 2-hander swords of the tower guard cost only 1 denar...not sure if it's a bug
2. once julute dies in your party during battle, the only option you have at his burial is 'desecrate the site' and it belongs to a neutral faction
3. caravans don't drop food, i've just noticed
4. some mordor hero pyres belong to Rohan, even if I'm the one who beheaded him

that'll all for today, sorry for the increase of spam from me ><!

Offline Zenosknight

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 16, 2007, 08:44:17 PM »
*sigh* maybe I should make a list before entering bugs, but then, I'd lose the list and forget  :-\

Upon entering Henneth Annun, I found that they gave the whole place a make-over since Faramir left...they painted all the walls white T_T
there are a few dark spots indicating shading or whatever, but they shift as I move and everything looks...well, weird.

afterwards, I went up to the quest-giver guy who took over when Faramir left and finished the quest, only to gain 30 or so levels...from level 1-33
Later, I went back to my character screen and see that my strength was 1, and also notice the absence of my power skills and my archery efficiency score went down to 14...Naturally, I reput the skills, but now I end up with extra skill points and my character is even more rigged than before :shock:

not that it's a bad thing, but the bug still worries me...

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 16, 2007, 09:05:49 PM »
^ Wow.

Anyway, Fastred of Eastfold (or whoever is Lord of Eastfold) has been a jerk of late.  My first mission he gave me was "destroy the scouts of Isengard", which I did.  I went back to him sometime several days later and I could only tell him that I was still working on it, or that I was going to give up.  I thought I might've forgotten that I had already reset the mission and received the reward, so I cheated my way to the nearest Isengard Scouts, killed them, and then went back to see if I was being cheated myself.  Sure enough, he didn't acknoweledge that I had slain scouts for him.  So, I clicked the option to cancel the mission...which had 0/12 beside it.  Obviously he told me to stop complaining and get on with my mission.  I checked my influence...I had 12 influence.  So, I gave up and haven't given him the time of day since.

-Grocat

This bug was discussed before - when AW split the Isengard and Moria scouts into foot and mounted, the quests were not reset to include both kinds of scouts.  Try killing some "warg rider" parties, and see if that does it.

Offline Grocat

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 16, 2007, 10:19:02 PM »
Ah, thanks.  I couldn't bring myself to sift through all of this again.

-Grocat

Livonya

« Reply #262 on: August 17, 2007, 11:35:14 AM »
*sigh* maybe I should make a list before entering bugs, but then, I'd lose the list and forget  :-\

Upon entering Henneth Annun, I found that they gave the whole place a make-over since Faramir left...they painted all the walls white T_T
there are a few dark spots indicating shading or whatever, but they shift as I move and everything looks...well, weird.

afterwards, I went up to the quest-giver guy who took over when Faramir left and finished the quest, only to gain 30 or so levels...from level 1-33
Later, I went back to my character screen and see that my strength was 1, and also notice the absence of my power skills and my archery efficiency score went down to 14...Naturally, I reput the skills, but now I end up with extra skill points and my character is even more rigged than before :shock:

not that it's a bad thing, but the bug still worries me...

This doesn't sound like a bug caused by TLD.  This sounds like some sort of corruption with your game itself.  I think you should re-instal and start over.

Seriously, if this was something that wasn't uniqe to your game/instal then everyone would be screaming bloody murder about TLD.

Just my two cents.

- Livonya

Offline Zenosknight

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 17, 2007, 06:00:06 PM »
Al'ight, but last time, it happened to a hero of whom I rescued from Minas Morgul, thought it might be related...so it's just me?  ???

btw...Not sure if this is a bug, or if it's intentional...but...
I was going shopping for new stuff with my new guy since my previous games were bugged...and found the following items being sold by Gondor Weapon Merchants:
-Large bag of Galadhrim arrows
-Uruk bladed pike
-bent umbar pike
-bent dunnish pike
-rusty rohan sword
-dunland sword
    not of the same faction...once again, not so sure if it's a big issue...but yea

and the armor mechant was selling weapons:
-long bow
-arrows

al'ight, I'ma go back to the hunt ><!

Annwin

« Reply #264 on: August 17, 2007, 06:59:30 PM »
Hi, I have 2.3.1 installed and I cannot get any female faces. I read that this issue was fixed with 2.3.1. Any ideas why it isn't fixed for me ?

Also I got the 'Horn' item. any ideas what it dose ? I read it adds a +2 to leadership. But this doesn't happen. Do u have to equip it, i have try ed but can only carry it on the right side item spaces.

Thanks..PS love TLD....i play so much I'm better than my boyfriend at slaying orcs  :D

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #265 on: August 17, 2007, 10:57:58 PM »
Also I got the 'Horn' item. any ideas what it dose ? I read it adds a +2 to leadership. But this doesn't happen. Do u have to equip it, i have try ed but can only carry it on the right side item spaces.

it works. Just leave it in your inventory, ride around a bit and you'll get a message you've obtained a unique item. Then it works. The bonus is not visible in the stats screen, but your party will be bigger.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Annwin

« Reply #266 on: August 18, 2007, 04:07:11 AM »
Thanks Merlkir  :D

Any one know Y I cannot get girl faces ? :-[

Offline Grocat

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 18, 2007, 05:43:36 PM »
Thanks Merlkir  :D

Any one know Y I cannot get girl faces ? :-[

Are you an elf?  I think I might've experienced a similar problem myself.

-Grocat

Annwin

« Reply #268 on: August 18, 2007, 05:56:05 PM »
Ive tryed Elf and race of men.. no joy :'(

Offline Stryder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 21, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »
OK, I've noticed some bugs while playing as Rohan:

- if I order the Great Host to follow me, I receive the influence points I should have spent to issue the order (and the Host doesn't follow me);

- if I get the "Destroy Isengard scouts" quest, no matter how many of them I dispatch, I can only answer "I'm working on it/I can't finish the mission".

;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 02:00:41 PM by Stryder »