Author Topic: TLD: Bug reports for 2.3.1  (Read 95717 times)

Batman.

Re: TLD: Bug reports for 2.3.1
« Reply #225 on: August 02, 2007, 09:14:46 AM »

i have two bugs to discuss,one,in moria,i went to the smithy and went straight on to this guy,i assumed he was the merchant because he said ''Welcome,sir'',but then when i click,he's just stcuk like that

and number two,i asked a mission from the mouth of sauron,and he said to destroy a lesser host of moria,but lol,moria is on the side of mordor!! and i can't attack them!! :lol:

Lorodim

« Reply #226 on: August 03, 2007, 08:30:59 AM »
sometimes m&b has hiccups,it just appears sometimes and due to accurence it's not worth taking attention
P.S.@BlackSamurai If you saw Eomer you will see a LOT of diffrences,mainly that he looks old as Theoden,if there isn't a good drawing of them in the book,why go so detailed

Offline Thales

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 04, 2007, 04:30:07 AM »
Another one which I think has not been reported yet: I received a mission from Aravir in his town. Then at some point he sets off with a great host and gets captured. His castellan gives me the mission to rescue him which I do (note: in the quest journal it says Denethor gave me the mission which is not true, may be another glitch). I get back to the castellan and fulfill the mission. However, afterwards Aravir sticks with my party. I can send him to Eastfold Inn or tell him to stay somewhere, but there is no way I can get him to go back to his castle so that I can claim the first mission he originally gave me.
Little add-on question: is there a max number of companions? I can' get Duilin to join me as my lieutenant since he says there is no room for him, even though I haven't reached my party capacity.

Offline Zenosknight

• Guildsman
  • Success is measured in blood; yours or the enemys
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2007, 01:01:18 AM »
Okay...I'm sure the horse bugs are a big issue, but from the threads, I am assuming they are pointing at orc players can't get orc mounts...
just the other day, I found a merchant in Edoras selling training wargs...If this bug has already been discussed, my bad ><!

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 06, 2007, 01:19:58 AM »
Okay...I'm sure the horse bugs are a big issue, but from the threads, I am assuming they are pointing at orc players can't get orc mounts...
just the other day, I found a merchant in Edoras selling training wargs...If this bug has already been discussed, my bad ><!

We all thought that was cleaned up in 2.3.1. 

Offline slyspy

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 06, 2007, 09:40:59 AM »
Another one which I think has not been reported yet: I received a mission from Aravir in his town. Then at some point he sets off with a great host and gets captured. His castellan gives me the mission to rescue him which I do (note: in the quest journal it says Denethor gave me the mission which is not true, may be another glitch). I get back to the castellan and fulfill the mission. However, afterwards Aravir sticks with my party. I can send him to Eastfold Inn or tell him to stay somewhere, but there is no way I can get him to go back to his castle so that I can claim the first mission he originally gave me.
Little add-on question: is there a max number of companions? I can' get Duilin to join me as my lieutenant since he says there is no room for him, even though I haven't reached my party capacity.

There is a limit to the number of troops types you can have (the "slots" referred to in the Leadership skill). I thought this liimitation had been done away with (by either M&B or TLD) but apparently not. It should be removed IMO.

dolfanar

« Reply #231 on: August 06, 2007, 12:08:33 PM »

There is a limit to the number of troops types you can have (the "slots" referred to in the Leadership skill). I thought this liimitation had been done away with (by either M&B or TLD) but apparently not. It should be removed IMO.

Agreed 1000%. This is particularly annoying when you are trying to garrison troops and can't add more troop types tbecause the GARRISON won't let you have more than certain numbers of different troops. Annoying.

BTW, the bug where if you ask someone to wait for you at the Inn... once they are gone, is there any way to find them again? Or are they just vanished from exitence?

BlackSamurai

« Reply #232 on: August 06, 2007, 12:09:50 PM »
u can get the 2 guys from rivdell for 350 influence but i had 300 influence and i got them but the influence went into the negatives.

BlackSamurai

« Reply #233 on: August 06, 2007, 02:18:46 PM »
the sword of westerness didnt add any effect to me after i got it(Part of the Rohan men empire)

Offline MrGrendel

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 06, 2007, 06:06:08 PM »
Got this after leaving an outpost...

Edit: Also does it persistently every time I reload, but I can hit "continue" and everything is good... so far...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 06:14:21 PM by MrGrendel »

Offline MrGrendel

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 06, 2007, 07:39:24 PM »
Not really a bug, but if a hero joins a great host, it messes up the mission he'd given you; ie you can't complete it anymore. Figured it's probably been mentioned, but better safe...

Offline MrGrendel

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 06, 2007, 08:50:27 PM »

Shot at 2007-08-06

Was playing around some with the characters, but don't think this should happen, heh... maybe because the war started so early?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 08:52:15 PM by MrGrendel »

Offline Thales

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 07, 2007, 11:26:07 AM »
When I ask Miriel at the Mirkwood camp "How goes the war" the game hangs.

Offline Grocat

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 07, 2007, 12:23:14 PM »
I had possessed the amulet of healing in my inventory, and had been unaware of just how full my inventory was, so I then attempted to possess a mithril hauberk and some other fine Gondorian artifacts.  When I got backto my inventory screen, not only was much of my stuff missing (not including the stuff I just bought), but the amulet was one of those things.  Much to my chagrin, you will find, I decided to rest with the healer and was stopped by an error message after the first hour-in-game passed.  It also informed me that because I had removed the amulet from my inventory that my wound treatment/surgery/other one was -1.  Anyway, this happend a massive number of times, I'm imagining at least 24 as the time passed while I was supposed to be healing.  So, my character, at the end of this terrible healing session, had 0's next to the three skills related to the amulet.  I quit the game and have been afraid to continue playing since, because I suspect that whenever time passes, the same effect will occur.

-Grocat

Offline Khergit Kabob

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Temporary Reduction in Leadership + Unit Upgrade = Crash
« Reply #239 on: August 07, 2007, 03:46:04 PM »
I did a search and didn't find this bug reported, so here goes:

I levelled and spent my point on Charisma, raising it from 11 to 12.  I wanted to take my unmodified leadership to 4, so I de-equipped Beregord's Horn, dropping my Leadership from 5 to 3, then made the mistake of noticing some of my troops were ready to upgrade.

When I tried to upgrade an elite lancer to a brego guard the system crashed.
When I restarted I de-equipped, raised the skill point, and re-equipped without doing anything else, and nothing crashed, so it did work out in the end.

So here's the deal: if you have to temporarily lower a modified skill to raise your base skill, don't do anything else, particularly if you're de-equipping a leadership item in order to add a base skill point to leadership.  De-equip, wait for the skill to drop, add your skill point, then re-equip, and don't mess with anything else until the job's done.

It would be better if you could raise a base skill without having to de-equip skill-enhancing items, like if the skill point ceiling algorithm was smart enough to see that although your modded skill is over your ability score cap your unmodded skill is still eligible for improving, but that's probably way too hard to code.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 03:47:49 PM by Khergit Kabob »