Author Topic: TLD: Bug reports for 2.3.1  (Read 91969 times)

Altanir

Re: TLD: Bug reports for 2.3.1
« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2007, 11:09:15 AM »
If you were directly outside the town, that might have caused trouble as the routine didnt have time to fire to close his death. The exact same routine tracks every hero so its one of those things where an error for one is usually an error for all.  Ill try to recreate it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 12:31:33 PM by Ancientwanker »

neohk

« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2007, 11:37:24 PM »
There are RGL errors when i run TLD. It says tld_orc_body_materials.brf is missing. I dont think it could be graphics overloaded as that file cant be found in its directory.Why there are files missing anyway

Offline George W Harris

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2007, 06:25:03 AM »
There are RGL errors when i run TLD. It says tld_orc_body_materials.brf is missing. I dont think it could be graphics overloaded as that file cant be found in its directory.Why there are files missing anyway

You did do the following, in this order, right?

1) Install M&B .808
2) Install TLD 2.3
3) Install TLD 2.31

Zosete

« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2007, 06:40:55 AM »

neohk

« Reply #214 on: August 01, 2007, 07:18:06 AM »

1) Install M&B .808
2) Install TLD 2.3
3) Install TLD 2.31

yes. I have also tried to redo that but it's just the same

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 01, 2007, 07:27:25 AM »

1) Install M&B .808
2) Install TLD 2.3
3) Install TLD 2.31

yes. I have also tried to redo that but it's just the same

Everyone else has "tld_orc_body_materials.brf" in the resource directory.  If it's not there, you have a bad install.  If you re-installed it and it's still missing, try downloading the installer again.  It can't have just walked away.

That's in ...\modules\TLD\resource - and if it's not there, then it got up and walked away on its own.

(If the file is there but you still get the error, then it's something else.)

Offline Thales

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 01, 2007, 08:26:30 AM »
Sorry if this has already been reported, but I haven't found it anywhere.
I got the mission to capture an agent of mordor from Faramir. After handing him in to him and getting the reward, he doesn't give me any new mission, but keeps on offering me the "about the mission you gave me" option and then the remaining two options (I am still working on it/I can't do it).

Offline Grocat

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 01, 2007, 09:59:21 AM »
I couldn't stand doing much more than a cursory glance at all of these posts, so I know someone mentioned this before but claimed it was for version 2.3 and that it was apparently fixed in 2.3.1.  This is an untruth.  Most recently I was aquiring reward items from galadriel and I found that it was in fact giving me influence for the items I desired.  I later went back and tried it again, and it kept giving me influence.

This is mostly to confirm that it hadn't been fixed for 2.3.1...even if you have fixed it for 2.3.2.  It was significant enough that I thought I should mention it.

-Grocat

dbouya

« Reply #218 on: August 01, 2007, 01:21:04 PM »
i notice that your fix for not hearing music was to change the txt files... however

i notice that the music.txt file for TLD contains mp3's that simply aren't on my harddrive does this mean they were simply left out of the installer by mistake? because i'd really like to hear map003 map005 etc etc instead of the native music? was my installer corrupted or something? does an older version of the installer contain these files? maybe i could go fish them out of an older version of TLD and copy them over into my newer version?

DaBlade

« Reply #219 on: August 01, 2007, 01:38:30 PM »
i notice that your fix for not hearing music was to change the txt files... however

i notice that the music.txt file for TLD contains mp3's that simply aren't on my harddrive does this mean they were simply left out of the installer by mistake? because i'd really like to hear map003 map005 etc etc instead of the native music? was my installer corrupted or something? does an older version of the installer contain these files? maybe i could go fish them out of an older version of TLD and copy them over into my newer version?

That's just a left over, you'll have to copy the "music.txt" file from native and overwrite the TLD one. You can add your own music to TLD if you wish, search the forum for instructions on how to do it.

BlackSamurai

« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2007, 03:59:23 PM »
dont no if its a bug or a error, but in most of the mordor & allies,  isengard & allies, and moria there is no horses in the stables/merchant.

Edit: Elves & allies also.

Offline Zenosknight

• Guildsman
  • Success is measured in blood; yours or the enemys
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 01, 2007, 07:12:15 PM »
asking miriel of the woodelf camp for status about the war froze my game...actually, the screen just turned to me and I said something, but clicking won't work, and I stil see myself swaying left and right slightly, so it didn't actually freeze

another one is something that might not be a bug, but grimbold of westfold seems to have a blue tatoo across his face, which looks very dunlander to me

after killing the sorcerer in mirkwood, you have to option to raid the camp again, which would result in you not killing the sorcerer

I request some editing to be done in the scripts where you get promoted by accomplishing missions, not much of a big deal though

BlackSamurai

« Reply #222 on: August 01, 2007, 07:32:49 PM »
asking miriel of the woodelf camp for status about the war froze my game...actually, the screen just turned to me and I said something, but clicking won't work, and I stil see myself swaying left and right slightly, so it didn't actually freeze

another one is something that might not be a bug, but grimbold of westfold seems to have a blue tatoo across his face, which looks very dunlander to me

after killing the sorcerer in mirkwood, you have to option to raid the camp again, which would result in you not killing the sorcerer

I request some editing to be done in the scripts where you get promoted by accomplishing missions, not much of a big deal though

yup hes right, in the 2.3 version the sorcerer is slayed only once, and this is how grimbold  looks the camo doesnt really match but its a nice touch

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 01, 2007, 08:25:04 PM »
dont no if its a bug or a error, but in most of the mordor & allies,  isengard & allies, and moria there is no horses in the stables/merchant.

Edit: Elves & allies also.

This is the horse bug ... it's been reported repeatedly.  It will be fixed for the next version.

dolfanar

« Reply #224 on: August 01, 2007, 10:07:35 PM »
Super minor bug reports

1 - Knights of Rivendell have NO riding skill at all. They do have mounted archery at like 8 though. Seems strange for a Knight not to have any riding training...

2 - Most minor bug report EVAR. The naming conventions of items is off for some items in terms of Capitalization. Generallyt he first letter of each word is capitalised but items like longsword isn't. About 25-35% of items are like this (already fixed thsi one for my own anal retentive needs :p