Author Topic: TLD: Bug reports for 2.3.1  (Read 85632 times)

Aethelred

Re: TLD: Bug reports for 2.3.1
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 02:05:22 AM »
I think about 100 for every man you kill after the 3rd man seems about right for the gauntlet. Joust should pay about 50.

Ill boost the rewards a bit but not too much. You arent gambling, there is no risk of loss to you, unlike betting on the standard arena. Its pure profit if you do reasonably well.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 08:18:14 AM by Ancientwanker »

Lady_Chris

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 03:57:00 AM »
Copied from TW forum.

So glad the patch came out. Thanky. 

Just tested it with about 5 hours gameplay, it's looking pretty good, no crashes but heres what I noticed while playing the elven faction.

- One of the Elven outposts cant remeber the name(the one by the river closest to moria), its the one with the guy that lets you recruit 5 scouts for denir. Well, after I recruit all 5 of them.. the guy doesnt get any more for recruiting later.

fixed for 2.3.2

- Glorfindel, cannot be recruitable... even though I have gotten about 3 ranks up. He just says something about... "your returning already" and "I want to kill some more orcs" then my character says, "I come back later...." and then dialogue exits with no options. I havent even recruited him lol..
- Dont know if this ones a bug or not...At the moment I seem to get elven scouts for free for recruiting weekly based on my rank or level? If I get the ones from Galadriel I cant get anymore from the other outpost and vice versa? was this intended? I'm guessing it should let you recruit from all the outposts?
- I cant recruit from Gondor/Rohan taverns... only neutral places... again intentional?
- Brigand fort gauntlet mode yields very little money. Maybe 10 denir per kill would be nicer.
- Some of the elven merchants inventory becomes or already is full that you cannot sell to them.

--all looks normal/intentional

- I think most of the equipment values could use some tweaking fromt the weight, ac, pricing... example, some of the armor are uber expensive and offer very little protection.

-please make haldir hot like in the movie. Blonde and long hair thx bye. :P
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:19:35 AM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Jagenfox

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 04:16:52 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or not but I found this party between Uruk-hai River Camp & Limlight River Village.

I was able to attack and capture him.

fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 11:27:25 AM by Ancientwanker »

Tat

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 05:48:54 AM »
1.  When in Moria I wanted to buy some Wargs, but when talking to Hagob (I think it is) nothing happens, no dialog appears and I can't exit the screen and am forced to close down M&B . . .  It happens every time I try ...

get the 2.3.1 patch

2.  Also, when fighting Rohan scouts (I play Isengard) I get the option to leave, all the time, making it easy to avoid battle, even though they're faster than me . . .  Ok, seems that if you do it long (repeat the leaving) enough, you can only surrender and not leave!

3.  CTD after fighting the great host of Rohan and loosing - Gulm wounded and Uftak taken prisoner, then a black screen followed by the CTD ...  Same error seems to come when I simply loose and get the option to leave or charge, when choosing leave CTD . . .  Again Uftak was a prisoner and Gulm wounded . . .
Error Message:
Program: c:\games\Mount&Blade\mount&blade.exe
File:\develop\mb\program\src\game.h
Expression: m.number >= 0

get the 2.3.1 patch

4.  Prescan seems to spawn a random place in his shop every time, which is kinda cool, except when he ends up on top of the bed and you can only see his feet and not actually talk to him . . .

If hes the brigand fort guy, get the 2.3.1 patch

BTW - great f...... MOD - love it ...

On my previous errors you wrote install patch 2.3.1 and I really thought I had, as I downloaded the full 2.3.1 and never the 2.2 . . . .
I was wrong! 

So now I'll try that . . .
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 07:46:37 AM by Ancientwanker »

Ar - Adunakhor

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 05:51:02 AM »
The male elven faces seem to be messed up. When creating your character, you're only able to choose from the men face textures, the elven ones are gone.

fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 11:27:01 AM by Ancientwanker »

jefz

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 09:12:01 AM »
Great mod!  Here's a few  observations from playing without the new patch (which I'll install tonight):

-the prices for each city's "special goods" are reversed. For instance, my Gondorian merchant buys smoked fish in Dol Amroth for 30 units...and then sells the fish in Aldberg for 11 units.

-the funeral mounds all highlight as "Rohan" when I pass the cursor over them.  My first mound (a Mordor General) lies in the forest near the brigand fort (so that could be within Rohan), but the second mound (a female Mordor General) lies near Erech.

fixed for 2.3.2

-this might not be a bug, but the Tactics skill seems to be completely useless now.  I saved up skill points and fought the same battle (against an inflated Morder patrol ~70 total) with and without a "4" in Tactics. I didn't notice any difference at all.  The same amount of initial enemy troops and their reinforcements arrive at the same times with the same numbers.  I admit that I haven't really bothered with 808 until now, as I just couldn't leave TLD.  Perhaps this skill has been neutered in the native 808 M&B?

Anway, thanks for all the fun.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:13:44 AM by Ancientwanker »

Jairion

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 09:13:38 AM »
I add this screenshot here just in case... I don't know about these things.

This happened immediately after the loading bar at the start had completely filled.

You may not have enough memory to run the mod, video ram especially.  Make sure your tld.exe installer is full sized (129mb) and that your download didnt get cut off.

If you do have the full version youll have to wait for a low-res texture pack where I shrink a bunch of the textures a bit. You can do it yourself if you know photoshop. Shrink all the costume, dain_, mwp_ and weapons_ files by 1/2. Shields too if that doesnt work.  I think that would fix it if its a memory issue.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 04:11:56 PM by Ancientwanker »

Ar - Adunakhor

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 09:28:08 AM »
There really seems to be a problem with merchants, none of them in the elven towns and camps has any starting money. Haven't checked other settlements yet.

fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:14:22 AM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Senta

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 04:06:19 PM »
not sure whether it is intended or not:
when a rescued hero joins your party (after regular battle and liberating various prisoners etc and not after stealth rescue mission) he is consider a regular troop kind. no access to his inventory, when he's knocked unconscious instead of saying Eowine 12% it says Eowine 0/1.

--bug, should be rare at least, ive never seen it. ill look at it for the next fix.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 04:08:40 PM by Ancientwanker »

bryce

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2007, 05:25:39 PM »
Yeah, I figured it was just too much work for now.

Hmm.  I try to reinforce a rohan patrol and it says how many (s2) do you give? Or something like that.

fixed for 2.3.1.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 05:17:48 PM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Elmar Bijlsma

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2007, 06:36:28 PM »
If you ask for those those  Galadhrim arrows from Galadriel,  instead of paying 80 prestige you are awarded 80 prestige. Handy source of money and prestige, but probably not supposed to be happening. This may be a/the source for my earlier mentioned unexpectedly large amount of prestige.

makes sense but thats fixed for the latest version: 2.3.1. Make sure you d/l that as it has a bunch of other fixes for crash-related stuff. Youll need to start a new game.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 08:11:42 PM by Ancientwanker »

MastaSpoofa

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2007, 09:11:05 PM »
Peligir and Lihnir (spelling on those i think) the weapon merchants sell galadrim arrows, Probably other places do too, but it rly seems out of place, specially since they have them and the REAL elf provinces dont  :P

fixed for 2.3.2.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 10:57:25 AM by Ancientwanker »

Offline Senta

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2007, 09:45:49 PM »
Peligir and Lihnir (spelling on those i think) the weapon merchants sell galadrim arrows, Probably other places do too, but it rly seems out of place, specially since they have them and the REAL elf provinces dont  :P

had this happening in Rohan as well.

fixed for 2.3.2

not sure if it's a bug, but sure seems like one: got a destroy Isengard scouts quest from Theoden, must have destroyed 4 or 5 but he wouldn't acknowledge them... cancelled the mission, he gave it to me again and again, same results: destroyed Isengard scouts didn't register. even tried Mordor and Dunlander scouts just to be sure, but no go.

fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:15:56 AM by Ancientwanker »

eyeballstew

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 01:41:10 AM »

had this happening in Rohan as well.

not sure if it's a bug, but sure seems like one: got a destroy Isengard scouts quest from Theoden, must have destroyed 4 or 5 but he wouldn't acknowledge them... cancelled the mission, he gave it to me again and again, same results: destroyed Isengard scouts didn't register. even tried Mordor and Dunlander scouts just to be sure, but no go.

Same bug here, though I got the quest from the guy at Aldburg.

However, I got the quest once before and it worked the first time around. Second time I got the quest, no matter how many Isengard scouts I killed, they weren't acknowledged.

fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:16:13 AM by Ancientwanker »

idus

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2007, 11:16:14 AM »
Hey I found something.  It seems that when I try to end a quest from Lady Galadriel all it does is take away my points and not end the quest...So I end up being able to keep wasting my points until I'm out.  I don't know if that's already been reported or not.

fixed for 2.3.2
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:11:32 AM by Ancientwanker »