Author Topic: Errors, Bugs, Problems & Suggestions  (Read 11603 times)

Offline Cartread

• View Profile
Re: Errors, Bugs, Problems & Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2007, 01:50:08 AM »
Thanks for making such an great mod. Playd a lot of heroquest when I was younger.

A minor bug: the orc in the quest 3 sometimes seems to get stuck in the barricade.
Bug maybe?: Every time you smash open a container the monster that comes out from it dies.

Suggestions: I like random thing like those crates that you can smash.
Is it possible in M&B engine to make random creature spawn point?
What I mean is that make like three different spawn point for easy,medium and hard opponents.
So that when you go to a new room that has lets say easy random enemy spawn,
it would then randomly pic an enemy to create like either goblin or an orc.
Medium would create harder opponents like the undead and hard would make opponents like the chaos soldiers and such.
Maybe even random traps, like when starting a room a trap token would randomly pic from three possible choices no trap, spike trap or pit.

Random thing will increase the replay value of the mod.  ;)
By the way Quake 1 soundtrack fits extremely well with the mod atmosphere, I recomend listening it while playing this mod.  8)

Thanks  Good suggestions.  I should probably add Easy/Medium/Hard or something similar.  I have been thinking of randomized levels too.

Orcs getting stuck in the barricades: I didn't see too much of it while testing.  I think it's okay if it's just a few of them.
Easy to kill random casket monsters: I thought it was kind of funny, so I left them as they are :P  I could make them spawn behind the player, but I also figured that getting gold/treasure is always good because the item are quite expensive, and so risk would be less if they're already hit when you open.
They usually die, sometimes they don't.  Depends on weapon too.

Haven't seen any come out alive, using morningstar as a weapon.
Playd the level three 7 times. Level four only once because I couldn't get up from a pit.

Bad bug: There is one pit that you cannot clime up or it doesnt always work.
It's after the hidden door in the fourth level, some where in the midle of a hallway where there was an orc.
If I remember correctly. Tried climing up all the walls but couldn't get up.  :(

Bug maybe?: There's probably nothing you can do about this,
but if you dont replace the potions you have equipped and used they do not vanish from your inventory.

All pits can be climbed out of.  That one is pretty bad though, you're right.  You have to hold up for 5 seconds or so on the side that isn't a dead-end.  I'll make it easier to get out.

About the potions, do you mean the" Potion of Healing" or "Minor Potion of Healing", P of Courage, etc.?
The Potion of Healing Mentor gives you replenishes
The others if you have more than 1, one disappears and the other becomes 0/1.  I meant for the disappearing, but not the 0/1.

Metzger

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2007, 04:56:41 AM »
Thanks for the info.  :)
Good that you liked my randomizing ideas.
I wasn't at first sure if I could explain it so that anyone would understand ( I'm not good at explaining stuff  :D ).
I will try the pit again and yeah you are right, it wasn't very common that the orcs got stuck so it doesn't really bother.  8)

Edit:
Just as an idea or maybe an inspiration of some sort!
This mod seems to be progressing from heroquest to advanced heroquest, link here  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/1758.
So I was thinking that you might want to look at how the rules and other stuff were in that.
Also I would like to see skaven in the game thou I think they just might be too hard to make in M&B skeletons.  :(

Oh and here is the site where to look at things as they are in heroquest, it's addons and in heroquest advanced.
There is also a map of the heroquest realm there.  :)     http://www.geocities.com/baloban/
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 11:46:06 AM by Metzger »

Offline Cartread

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2007, 12:11:01 PM »
Advanced Heroquest?  What the fart?!
 :P
Great, Interesting.  Thanks for the links.

dbouya

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 07:05:31 PM »
the elf is a bit of an odd character because... his weapon doesn't get better and fire wrath doesn't do hardly any damage...

in the first quest (oddly titled quest 3) i had to kill the chaos warrior by hitting him like 100times for 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,critical hit to the head or back or something for 8...repeat repeat repeat....  this was even with courage up... fire wrath does even less damage than the staff so using that wasn't an option on him or even on ulaf

i think either fire wrath needs to be stronger or there needs to be a level 5 offensive magic because it takes too long to get to level 7 before being able to damage that chaos warrior and hitting for 0's over and over and over regardless of what you do is a bit sad... (maybe make fire wrath still do pathetic damage but make it armor peircing so at least it won't do 0's??)

oh and yeah this is a really cool concept i loved hero quest i even had the expansions when i was a kid... it was great it was like D&D only the dungeon master and players didn't actually need to know anything at all to play my one friend actually had dungeons and dragons the board game which is what inspired us to get hero quest in the first place.... man chaos warriors in hero quest usually just meant "game over.. bad idea to open that door" heh

dbouya

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 07:15:03 PM »
heroquest allowed you to split up which was often very useful so someone could look one direction while someone else went to look down another hallway... usually when we played we'd split up into teams of 2 and scout around

maybe you should change things so the missions don't respawn, and after you die as the barbarian you can pick to go back in as the thief elf or wizard? etc etc? once you die as all 4 you lose? but if you beat a quest with some people dead they all come back to life? (not quite how heroquest worked but at least similar?

it would really only work if you could get the game to remember the stats and have them all go plus/minus when the new character was selected... and i suppose sharing experience wouldn't be a bad idea and would still remain very heroquest ish...

Offline Cartread

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 04:50:35 AM »
Thanks for the info/suggestions dbouya.  I'll see what can be done for the Elf's magic.  Changing character on defeat...Hmm...that is a possibility...