login

Author Topic: Finished discussion of things to come. [Thanks!]  (Read 12156 times)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Things to come! Your ideas are needed!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 05:05:58 PM »
Thanks.  I have RCM downloaded and plan to use it's info to help develope weapon balance in H&B, although there is little number of weapons.

Best of luck.  I've been trying to get balance in the "RCM mods" for the last six months, sometimes with mixed results.

Eovan

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 06:20:57 AM »

[/quote]

For now, I'm working on what Fisheye suggested, multi-classing.
[/quote]

I'm sorry too hear about that. I think it would be a lot funnyer too have four characters too choose from.

Offline Cartread

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 09:09:29 AM »
Do you mean being able to choose characters from the get-go or the multiple character changing?

I could keep the original 4 characters to choose from in the beginning, as well as "create your own."

As for the character switching,
I tried, but too many problems arose.  For instance, there would be no character developement because the 4 characters would have to have the same stats.  Since I have no way of "saving" character data, it would really just be one character changing items and maybe stats.  Also, the other 3 characters wouldn't be able to exist...it would really just be you wearing 4 different hats with a lot of difficult coding. ???

Eovan

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 10:50:58 AM »
allright.

would it be possible to make this idey, i just got?

when you click the button start new game there are 2 start options:

1:the mod when you only are one specific character in the whole game and shall speciel you in one of the 4 ways (the way i don't like so much)
    OR
2:have 4 characters and shift before every battle as you say. the man with 4 different hats.

Silver

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 04:04:08 PM »
Personally I like it the way it is. It limits you. Say what you want, but multiclassing and allowing the player acces to everywhere is just overpowering. Too overpowering, it won't matter if it's hard to get good at something, you will still be too good, and it won't be fun. Your choices won't matter and you'll end up the same way anyway.

Offline Cartread

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 04:27:39 PM »
Thanks Eovan and Silver for the input.

I could do that Eovan.

Silver: for the multi-class idea: the player will not be the combined barbarian-wizard-elf-thief, but a weakling who can train to maybe become as butt-kicking as the barbarian or as spellificated as the wizard, but not both.  I govern the amount of intelligence and EXP the player earns, remember.  You'll only be able to do the training I mentioned once, to get your character up to the level of the barbarian, etc. before entering the quests.  You could train in strength and agility (barbarian), all spells (wizard) or both but not great (elf).

Galdred

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2007, 08:37:19 AM »
Concerning the RCM, in the original Heroquest, evrery mob (except some of the bosses you could encounter in the expansions) had only one HP, so RCM would work fine there, however making the heroes dispatchable in one hit could be too hard (and they had 4 to 8 HP anyway). Maybe RCM should only be in use for the heroes' weapons?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2007, 09:04:51 AM »
Concerning the RCM, in the original Heroquest, evrery mob (except some of the bosses you could encounter in the expansions) had only one HP, so RCM would work fine there, however making the heroes dispatchable in one hit could be too hard (and they had 4 to 8 HP anyway). Maybe RCM should only be in use for the heroes' weapons?

Make it up in armor.  Give the low-level guys little or no armor, and make sure the hero and boss types have/get better equipment.  That's the way we tweaked the huge disparity between peasants and samurai in ONR, and the disparity between Spanish and Aztec in Mesoamerica.  (Ironically, the trolls for the RCM version of TLD are really just a lot of armor too - they're being tested.)

That makes it look good and sound reasonable, but you can still balance the game however you like, if you know the trick.