login

Author Topic: The Big W  (Read 5649 times)

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
The Big W
« on: May 16, 2007, 03:48:53 AM »
It had to happen sooner or later, and now it's happened to me. The ugly spectre of gainful employment has marked me, and I've now got a day job.

This means I will have absolutely no time to port Storymod C1, and my C2 time will also be severely curtailed in favour of more important (and less frustratingly bug-ridden) projects.

I'm still looking for support scripters for Chapter 2, or even just people who want to help get Chapter 1 working on 0.808. Most of the work is rewriting the code to use slots and local variables instead of messy global variables. I've done some of this already, but it's a big tedious job that needs to be done with exacting care.

Offline Fisheye

• Blues Brother
  • Guildsman
  • My scalp's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
    • View Profile
Re: The Big W
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 01:00:36 PM »
Congratulations! Trust you to make good news sound like you just got the plague or you've been forced into pimping your ass out on the street corner.

Edit: Just to be clear, you haven't been forced into prostitution, right?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 01:03:46 PM by Fisheye »

Apollon-04

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 02:30:09 PM »
If he did, he probably wouldnt get hired a lot  :D Just joking. Anyways, what is your new job?

Sad to hear storymods not going to ported, I only played it a little bit on .751, but what I did play was a lot of fun. Hopefuly a modder will take up the porting.

Good luck at your job winter.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 04:44:43 PM by Apollon-04 »

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 03:05:57 PM »
Congratulations! Trust you to make good news sound like you just got the plague or you've been forced into pimping your ass out on the street corner.

Ummmmm . . . No.

Brigadier Hussey

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 02:50:19 AM »

Ummmmm . . . No.

Too true, forced? Not a chance, entirely voluntary my son.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 01:46:20 AM »
Yeah, well, a job where you slavishly obey the inane commands of a pointy-haired baboon is a lot the same.

(Apologies to Scott Adams and "Dilbert" ... I had to borrow that line.)

They call it a job because it's so unpleasant that they have to pay you to go there.  If you actually wanted to be there, they wouldn't have to pay you.

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 05:30:35 AM »
Oof. After my first week I feel a bit . . . dead. 40 hours of hauling heavy stuff is not fun. And after next week I'm going up to 50 hours! This'll be entertaining.

Oh well, I've got another week to toughen myself up, so I should be fine. Nothing I haven't done before. Just takes some getting used to.

As expected, nothing got done on the modding front, and very little on the writing front. Been too exhausted to do much of anything. But that should improve a bit next week, so I can maybe make up for the time I'm losing after that. We'll see.

Wagrim Nelethain

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 12:18:18 PM »
Winter,mate,you are the best.I love Chapter 1 and 1.5,i cant wait for 2..It is my favourite mod with TLD,as i know you had work on it too :)