Author Topic: Common bugs and how to avoid/fix them! (suggested read before playing)  (Read 12104 times)

Yoshiboy

So here i decided to start a topic for low maintainance that will allow people to make RPGmod playable. Listing common bugs and how to avoid/fix them for until I update RPGmod (if ever). Remember RPGmod is both buggy and a WIP. lots of things are un-finished.

People can post in the same format if that would help. Save me editing it all into the first post.

to start off:

I keep on winning the first initial Dark Elf attack in the intro.

Lose.

The trainer guy stays in your party even after completing the training and taking out several river pirate groups.

You better boot him out afterwards by going to the party screen and telling him to go to the four ways or wait there. I dunno what it might break later if you have him in your party.

River Pirates Won't spawn!

If you get to too high a level or import a charater then they won't spawn. Import after training.

If you go to 'home' again, the mom will have the same conversation, and the attack will happen again.

Don't go home again. As far as i remember there is no more storyline to do with home, if there is it should work. but until then don't go home. Its highly likely it will mess up.

The chest in Zendar has a load of goodies.

I guess you can have fun with them after you have finish the main story. ;)

I'm having trouble working my way through the waterfall.

It can be confusing, when you get to a menu it can be hard to tell if it is the exit or entrance menu. Best is to do it following some steps:
1. walk up to the waterfall cave.
2. you reach a menu, select enter.
3. travel through the rooms until you reach another menu.
4. select leave from the menu.
5. you should appear above the waterfall.

I can trade with my team members

You're not really meant to be able to. Please don't. They will get upgraded items as they level (or some will anyway, dunno how many i finished off)

When I battle I'm given a few options, I click to engage and It jumps out again.

Yeah, a WIP. Just engage them again and it will work.

Snow manhunters don't work. If you talk to them, they just ask if there are any outlaws around, then you can't do anything. You talk to them, then you have to close the game, because you can't escape the screen.

Press the "tab" key to close the dialogue window, you won't have to restart the game. Apart from that, just don't speak to them.

I can't jump into water in all dungeons (invisible wall).

This could be to do with if you grab the aqua boots from the chest early. Otherwise its just a bug.

There are an infinite number of zombies in the abandoned farm.

Flee you fool!

When I started the Francis quest or whatever it was called to attack the zombie campground, it showed an error when I entered the zombie campground, apparently the quest doesn't work.

Not all the quests from people in the towns are finished, I'd ignore them for now.

In towns with everyone walking around is kinda annoying. If you talk to Lillia while she's running around somewhere in the town, you get another Freddy!

Don't speak to your party members in towns. Thats not finished.

The flowers in the earth dungeon are insanely difficult to kill.

Meh, no matter what I was doing it seriously hard to get that working, can't remember if I actually did. They should only be killable by the leaf bow, if you want to play that dungeon how it was intended. You might need the light or dark spell actually. I'd try firing at them with the leaf bow and then shooting them with the spell. That might work.

Companions won't rejoin me after i leave them

Don't tell them to leave.

The light dunguon became a battle...TWICE. How to avoid?

That is the end of the mod so far.

What the hell is up with the four ways inn?

I didn't really finish it or do anything to it or anything, basically don't go there.

With the quest to get to the lake island instead of slaughter the village I chose to catch the trout, it won't let me pass.

Thats broken, always pick to slaughter the village, you know you want to at heart.

all of the summoning spells except the call spell summon zombies. What's up with that?

Sorry, unfinished.

Whats all this stuff about soul mana and stuff?

Again, sorry, unfinished. Anything to do with shrines, mana types or souls is unfinished.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 05:19:50 AM by Yoshiboy »

Offline Lord Of The Sith Lords

• Craftsman
  • Leprechaun turn to the dark side (we have cookies)
    • View Profile
Re: Common bugs and how to avoid/fix them!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 05:07:08 AM »
For newbies WIP stands for Work In Progress ;)
if you turn to the dark side you get cookies, if you turn to the light side you get brownies, if you are both light and dark you are smart cause you get cookies and brownies, if you don't have the force then your stupid cause you get nothing!

Myden Blat

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 02:57:53 PM »

Highlander

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 03:12:07 PM »
The mod's story ends with the light dungeon.

Apollon-04

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 03:18:06 PM »
River Pirates won't spawn so I can't pass training.

If you've cheated and become too high a level then they won't spawn. This is to stop the player getting spells before he is meant to. Don't cheat.

If I import a high level character, will they still not spawn?

Myden Blat

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 03:40:44 PM »
Import em' after the training (including river pirates)

RPG Gamer

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 06:21:52 PM »
I just cant get the game to work plz help  :( :( :( :( :( :(

Quail

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 06:30:27 PM »
ok RPG Gamer...you made comments in three different threads, that you can't get RPG mod to work.

You havn't even said what the problem is:

If you didn't get the download to work, try right clicking and save as. If that doesn't work, I think we "didn't go easy on the server"

If you can't get it to start you may trying to be running it on v.808. It's for .751

RPG Gamer

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 06:32:42 PM »
can you give me a link

RPG Gamer

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 06:34:43 PM »
and dont dis my name  >:(

Quail

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 11:01:05 PM »
http://www.titanx3online.com/RPGmod/Yoshiboy/RPGmod.rar

Here is the link, and I didn't diss your name.

There is also a wonderful button called the edit button, so please use it and don't double post.

Myden Blat

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 02:51:30 AM »

Well, i just arrived at the moonshine island, do you mean i don't need to visit the dungeon??

Because i just faced a battle against 6 swadian knight, and im 100% sure, that is a bug. A BAD bug,
since i belive i can't complete the story without the light dungeon...

Highlander

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 03:13:19 AM »

Well, i just arrived at the moonshine island, do you mean i don't need to visit the dungeon??

Because i just faced a battle against 6 swadian knight, and im 100% sure, that is a bug. A BAD bug,
since i belive i can't complete the story without the light dungeon...
Hell, there is nothing to see in the light dungeon. you may or may not believe it, but the story does have an end. And guess where it ends? When you enter the light dungeon!

Myden Blat

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 06:49:33 AM »

Allright, a battle against 6 swadian knights, how much story is there in that?

Yoshiboy

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 07:03:42 AM »

Myden Blat

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 08:34:32 AM »
RPGmod: It ends just before you would expect to enter the light dungeon.

:'( Aww, you can't mean that...hey, that means i have finished the mod!

harrister

i've chose the quest to get to the lake island by catching the trout...

so i am wondering whether there's a way to remove the quest from active list instead of starting a
new game and lost all the saving

dyhdyh123123

when the player receive a mission that a  man let you help him to attack a undead camp ,and then the trouble comes . ....
what a pity ....... ::)