Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 16689 times)

Quail

Bug Reports
« on: May 08, 2007, 10:09:07 PM »
There isn't a thread for it, and will probably will not be used in a while.

This thread will be for anyone who ports it, continues it, or if Yoshiboy can get back to it.

I played around a bit and:
1: The first initial Dark Elf attack has a nice touch to it, but...I defeated all four of them twice, until I just let them knock me unconscious the third.
2: The trainer guy stays in your party even after completing the training and taking out several river pirate groups.

more will follow

Drifter

Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 12:45:01 AM »
Two more bugs.
If you go to 'home' again, the mom will have the same conversation, and the attack will happen again.
I noticed it after I was bringing freddy back.
Also, the chest in Zendar has every spell (including at least one that crashes the game, telepathy), as well as quite a few uber items.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 01:25:56 AM »
Ah yes, I forgot that I added that intro sequence. It's not that well tested, I hope it is playable. The chest was for testing purposes. I'd have a play in it once you finish the main story.

Offline Shik

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 05:45:04 AM »
If you get captured by the dark elves again after lilian joins your party, lilian reappears in the trainer cave. After you beat the large snow cave and rescue Freddy, when you talk to lilian in the trainer cave, it says freddy joined party even after freddy joins. Then if you tell freddy to wait for you, you just lose one freddy. I talked to lilian 5 times, so I left 5 freddys on the map. Fortunately, they all disappear if you go bring freddy back to zendar.

Hallequin

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 09:31:25 AM »
I don't know if this is a bug or am I doing something wrong.

When I go out to fight river pirates, I come back to find Ilian in the cave and also don't find here at the River Bank.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 10:20:49 AM »
You have to kill 4 river pirate parties, then the trainer will tell you he is finished, boot him out the party (send to 4 ways or tell to wait there) as he won't leave automatically.

Hallequin

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 10:22:42 AM »
Oh, sorry. The impatient bugger I am. It's amazing so far anyways, so I'm not complaining. ;)

Drifter

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 10:49:52 AM »
Funny bug, this.
I started a new guy to try something different, and so I went through the beginning, completed training and all that jazz.
Went out to kill river pirates...

None spawned.

Naturally I thought I just wasn't finding them, so I activated the seeing cheat, and yes, there was still no river pirate parties. I tried waiting a few days (control + space), still none.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 12:30:06 PM »
What level were you at? If you cheat to get too high a level they won't spawn.

Offline Shik

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 01:31:32 PM »
Another bug, it has test 1 test 2 and stuff options everywhere. Is that supposed to be there?

Also, when you go home, it sometimes says its locked, sometimes lets you repeat the dark elf scene, and sometimes directs you to the trainer cave. Is it supposed to direct you to the trainer cave?

Another thing, when you talk to anything, it gives me an option to engage. I did it to a peasant, and now it won't stop following me.

Another thing, when you are in your dream, and you use the option leave instead of enter when it comes up, the trainer talks to you even though you have never seen him before.

One more thing. A zombie punched me and i died instantly taking 80 damage. Is that supposed to be some sort of special zombie effect?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 01:52:46 PM by shikamaru 1993 »

Cymro

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 01:56:42 PM »
Some of the sounds don;t work - speciafically, blocking with a weapon and being hit/hitting someone.

Offline Shik

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 02:34:32 PM »
Snow manhunters don't work. If you talk to them, they just ask if there are any outlaws around, then you can't do anything. You talk to them, then you have to close the game, because you can't escape the screen.
Sometimes when you start a new game, in that new game, the trainer doesn't have enough strength to wield his double axe and just punches the river pirates.

P.S Love the mod, hoping for a patch to fix the bugs.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 03:16:38 PM by shikamaru 1993 »

Drifter

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 09:42:31 PM »
What level were you at? If you cheat to get too high a level they won't spawn.

Imported my level 10 (or maybe 11).

Boy_suicide

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 11:15:23 PM »
You shouldn't import, just change the import notepad to level 1, then re-import it, you can't be tii high a level else pirates won't spawn.

Offline Shik

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 11:45:37 AM »
If you start out as a whore, you get a beer bottle. It says you can thrust for pierce damage, but you can only swing it.

Kolba

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 01:26:25 PM »
 I can't jump into water in all dungeons (invisible wall).

Offline Shik

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 03:39:04 PM »
There are an infinite number of zombies in the abandoned farm. They just keep coming. My computer crashed because there were so many zombies.

[edit] Ok, I got it, I just found out I was supposed to run away from the zombies after looting the place, not fighting them off.

[edit2] Found another bug. When I started the Francis quest or whatever it was called to attack the zombie campground, it showed an error when I entered the zombie campground, apparently the quest doesn't work.

P.S In towns with everyone walking around is kinda annoying. If you talk to Lillian while she's running around somewhere in the town, you get another Freddy! Whoop-dee-doo.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:10:42 PM by shikamaru 1993 »

Yoshiboy

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2007, 04:17:54 AM »
Ok, updated a few solutions in the bug avoid thread.

Cymro

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2007, 10:56:31 AM »
Not a "bug", per se, but the flowers are insanely difficult to kill. 30+ arrows of 10-20 damage is far too much, especially in the room with 2.

blargh

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 01:13:03 PM »
Possibly not a bug, but after finishing the water dungeon, talking to Lain, getting the east bridge pass, etc, the quest journal still registers the Water Dungeon quest as 0% done. Afterwards, it's impossible to do anything in the desert.

Correction: Impossible to attack cultist settlement, impossible to use port, and impossible to enter fire dungeon.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 04:35:02 PM by blargh »

Myden Blat

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 02:37:56 AM »
1. The light dungeon becomes a battle against 6 swadian knight...a real shame i can't play it.

2. The volcano escape with the cart, everything is too dark, i can't see anything without studying it for some minutes...

PS: That with the light dungeon, it happened on ALL my savegames...perhaps a real bug to anyone.
And i haven't modded the game at all, i think its hardcore hardcode!

Cymro

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 09:53:23 AM »
Possibly not a bug, but after finishing the water dungeon, talking to Lain, getting the east bridge pass, etc, the quest journal still registers the Water Dungeon quest as 0% done. Afterwards, it's impossible to do anything in the desert.

Correction: Impossible to attack cultist settlement, impossible to use port, and impossible to enter fire dungeon.
I got that too. Did that happen to you too, Myden? Fixed it. The answer lies within the desert village. But now the fire dungeon key has evaded me and I can't figure out how to get it :(

The light dungeon is currently where the mod finishes, by the way, so there's nothing you can do about that.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 10:47:46 AM by Cymro »

Myden Blat

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2007, 08:09:04 AM »
Heh heh, you're talking to me? Perhaps taking MY post will work  :lol:

Anyways, does this mean that when i finish the Fire dungeon the story is over? (i hope not  :()

Yoshiboy

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2007, 09:47:46 AM »
There is a little story finished from after the fire dungeon.

Offline Shik

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2007, 01:40:09 PM »
I just found four more bugs.

First, the four ways inn floats. It floats in midair. You spawn high in the air, and you fall to the ground, and take like 30 damage. The four ways inn looks nice and well polished, but the problem is that everything is floating in the air.

Second, I started a new game after beating the game, and when I got to the river source, and sailed to the island, I chose the option to fish 5 trouts instead of slottering the village, and when I came back with 5 trouts (gosh! It took forever!) they just asked me what my progress on the quest was, and then there were no options to do anything else. That means I can't get to the island if I chose the trout option, without teleporting with cheats. I'm not sure what might break if I skip the lake mission.

Third, regarding the four ways inn, if you talk to the hero's you left there, there isn't an option to have them rejoin you. They just say what they last said.

Fourth, all of the summoning spells except the call spell summon zombies. What's up with that?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 07:26:38 AM by shikamaru 1993 »

Mormakar

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2007, 01:24:34 PM »
When you are going to milk the cows you cant see any cows. Just some buckets there you can milk. I love cows please fix this.  :lol:
PS. This is the best mod!!!!! And the pirate mod! But is's some bugs in them.... But they are still the gratest mods!

Adamido

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 07:54:13 AM »
Urm.Mod is invisible to my game :( Other mods work ;\ And they're visible.I dunno why it isnt.I have a M&B .808

Quail

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2007, 10:30:27 AM »
I have a M&B .808

Your problem is right there.

You need M&B v.751

BlackSamurai

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2007, 09:39:24 AM »
OK, i was waiting from river pirates to spawn when a dialog comes up(i didn't talk to anybody) saying something and it froze(think the thing name was dolphin normal) but i could hear the sound of my horse.

Offline Zenosknight

• Guildsman
  • Success is measured in blood; yours or the enemys
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2007, 10:26:45 PM »
Walking southwards, (after spending some time looting and testing stuff from the goodie box in zendar >:D) that girl you meet at the well when you get your head busted open D&D style by drow pops up and says: thanks for helping us against those bastards  :D
then the game just freezes =(
ps. I love the mod, especially the spells and stuff =P
sadly, ima need to wait a bit longer for the bugs to...y'know, unbug  :(