login

Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 15233 times)

Quail

Bug Reports
« on: May 08, 2007, 10:09:07 PM »
There isn't a thread for it, and will probably will not be used in a while.

This thread will be for anyone who ports it, continues it, or if Yoshiboy can get back to it.

I played around a bit and:
1: The first initial Dark Elf attack has a nice touch to it, but...I defeated all four of them twice, until I just let them knock me unconscious the third.
2: The trainer guy stays in your party even after completing the training and taking out several river pirate groups.

more will follow

Drifter

Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 12:45:01 AM »
Two more bugs.
If you go to 'home' again, the mom will have the same conversation, and the attack will happen again.
I noticed it after I was bringing freddy back.
Also, the chest in Zendar has every spell (including at least one that crashes the game, telepathy), as well as quite a few uber items.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 01:25:56 AM »
Ah yes, I forgot that I added that intro sequence. It's not that well tested, I hope it is playable. The chest was for testing purposes. I'd have a play in it once you finish the main story.

Offline Shik

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 05:45:04 AM »
If you get captured by the dark elves again after lilian joins your party, lilian reappears in the trainer cave. After you beat the large snow cave and rescue Freddy, when you talk to lilian in the trainer cave, it says freddy joined party even after freddy joins. Then if you tell freddy to wait for you, you just lose one freddy. I talked to lilian 5 times, so I left 5 freddys on the map. Fortunately, they all disappear if you go bring freddy back to zendar.

Hallequin

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 09:31:25 AM »
I don't know if this is a bug or am I doing something wrong.

When I go out to fight river pirates, I come back to find Ilian in the cave and also don't find here at the River Bank.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 10:20:49 AM »
You have to kill 4 river pirate parties, then the trainer will tell you he is finished, boot him out the party (send to 4 ways or tell to wait there) as he won't leave automatically.

Hallequin

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 10:22:42 AM »
Oh, sorry. The impatient bugger I am. It's amazing so far anyways, so I'm not complaining. ;)

Drifter

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 10:49:52 AM »
Funny bug, this.
I started a new guy to try something different, and so I went through the beginning, completed training and all that jazz.
Went out to kill river pirates...

None spawned.

Naturally I thought I just wasn't finding them, so I activated the seeing cheat, and yes, there was still no river pirate parties. I tried waiting a few days (control + space), still none.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 12:30:06 PM »
What level were you at? If you cheat to get too high a level they won't spawn.

Offline Shik

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 01:31:32 PM »
Another bug, it has test 1 test 2 and stuff options everywhere. Is that supposed to be there?

Also, when you go home, it sometimes says its locked, sometimes lets you repeat the dark elf scene, and sometimes directs you to the trainer cave. Is it supposed to direct you to the trainer cave?

Another thing, when you talk to anything, it gives me an option to engage. I did it to a peasant, and now it won't stop following me.

Another thing, when you are in your dream, and you use the option leave instead of enter when it comes up, the trainer talks to you even though you have never seen him before.

One more thing. A zombie punched me and i died instantly taking 80 damage. Is that supposed to be some sort of special zombie effect?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 01:52:46 PM by shikamaru 1993 »

Cymro

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 01:56:42 PM »
Some of the sounds don;t work - speciafically, blocking with a weapon and being hit/hitting someone.

Offline Shik

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 02:34:32 PM »
Snow manhunters don't work. If you talk to them, they just ask if there are any outlaws around, then you can't do anything. You talk to them, then you have to close the game, because you can't escape the screen.
Sometimes when you start a new game, in that new game, the trainer doesn't have enough strength to wield his double axe and just punches the river pirates.

P.S Love the mod, hoping for a patch to fix the bugs.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 03:16:38 PM by shikamaru 1993 »

Drifter

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 09:42:31 PM »
What level were you at? If you cheat to get too high a level they won't spawn.

Imported my level 10 (or maybe 11).

Boy_suicide

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 11:15:23 PM »
You shouldn't import, just change the import notepad to level 1, then re-import it, you can't be tii high a level else pirates won't spawn.

Offline Shik

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 11:45:37 AM »
If you start out as a whore, you get a beer bottle. It says you can thrust for pierce damage, but you can only swing it.