login

Author Topic: General Suggestions  (Read 451980 times)

Aethelwyn

Re: General Suggestions
« Reply #630 on: August 18, 2008, 12:46:07 pm »
Cool that the basic building blocks are already there for most of this :)  And I'm well aware that a lot of my suggestions are "down the road" anyway.

As for the troop upgrades to NPCs -- would it be possible to have a list of "pre-made" templates that could then be called one wants to promote a random party member?  The number would need to be large (maybe 100 or so), but perhaps that could solve the problem with parties being non-dynamic.  Then again, I don't know how vital an idea it is -- cool, sure, but if there are other ways to reward troops for flavour's and gameplay's sake, that that's fine by me.  It's just an idea to toss around anyway for "down the road." ;)

Porter1982

« Reply #631 on: August 19, 2008, 11:18:47 am »
I am really enjoying this mod and I want to thank everyone who put their work into it. I had a slight problem with one of the quests though. Not sure if it is a bug or if it is WAD. I picked up Shinbo from Enkan-ji (sp?) and talked to the monastery leader and picked up a quest to kill mountain bandits. I immediately set about the task...but it seems as though I need to kill 1000s of them to complete the quest. From watching the progress meter, it looks like I gain about 5% for every 100 mountain bandits I kill!

I have currently spent my play time for the past 3 days doing nothing but killing mountain bandits for several hours trying to complete the quest. I am at 81% progress right now after spending approximately 9-10 hours doing nothing but killing mountain bandits. On the plus side, my character is now at lvl 26 and most of my troops that have survived the rigors of combat are maxed out. I'm just wondering whether the quest was intended to force the player to kill so many bandits or if this is a bug? Thanks in advance for any reply!

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 19, 2008, 11:31:08 am »
No, that's behaving as design.  :D

Glad you enjoy the mod

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

Porter1982

« Reply #633 on: August 19, 2008, 12:04:31 pm »
No, that's behaving as design.  :D

Glad you enjoy the mod

I hope there is a big sack full of good karma that I get at the end of this quest....although a giant buddha would be acceptable a well  ;)

Can't wait to go home and kill the remaining 400 bandits and see what I get..... 8)

MicroZer

« Reply #634 on: June 12, 2009, 02:15:56 am »
                  I enjoy the mod too is there any other mod that is not yet posted here?

Offline Ichimonji Hidetora

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 12, 2009, 10:39:52 am »
                  I enjoy the mod too is there any other mod that is not yet posted here?

Ohhh! Let me guess... another spam bot   :P
"The arrow which felled the boar... belonged to Lord Ichimonji. Drink to him!"