login

Author Topic: Realease in current state.  (Read 54807 times)

Offline Fisheye

• Blues Brother
  • Guildsman
  • My scalp's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
    • View Profile
Re: Realease in current state.
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2007, 06:35:08 pm »
In my experience the easiest way to terminate a project you're leading is just release the mod as-is with the source. That's what I'm doing for Band of Warriors / ExtraNPCs, just set it free and the hell with it. Of course that mod is pretty much currently bug-free....

IF you want the project to actually be ported, debugged, and maintained for future versions you'll have to find an heir. Most likely that won't work in the short term given the complexity of the mod you're handing off.... whoever takes over will be constantly bugging you about how this works and what that thingy is, and it will take a bloody long time, and who knows if anyone wants to do all that anyway. Very slim chance of success and a lot more hassle since you'll be committed to helping whoever's taking over. Huge pain in the ass, not recommended.

Anyway I vote for the simple option. Good luck with uni!

bryce

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 11:53:45 pm »
Looking forward to yhe release, yoshi!

Servitor

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2007, 08:45:52 am »
What I think? I think you should keep on struggling and release some damn good mods for us. But I am afraid you wont agree with that...  ??? So: Polish what you have, get some testers, bugfix the thing and release it. Find a worthy moder to take over your project, and release your great secrets. Get your A things or WHATEVER it was. Get yourself out of this, get your bicycle and go all cycling in the mountains! Or whatever you like to do.  8)

Good luck with life, And do NOT do what I think in my first sentence, for that might lead to a depression. If it ever gets so far, I expect you to come back and make anRPG & Pirates mod for Mount & Blade. Which I do not think will ever come. In fact I think that you are lost forever as well, but that's me, I am negative in such things.  :o

What I do expect, is that you will upload your holiday pictures at warpmodthing always!   :o Lol!

Are you leaving Taleworlds? Or just moding?

Shit  >:(
Servitor

Boy_suicide

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 09:15:00 am »
Or he can just release an untested version to the community, and let us fix the bugs. He might lose interest during the time that beta testing takes.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 12:11:01 pm »
Thanks for the feedback Servitor :)

I wish I could finish it off. Maybe when it comes to the summer I'll have some more drive to do it, quite likely. If that happens I'll probably have the drive to finish off one of them (pirates or RPGmod). I expect when my AS levels are over I'll be up for doing more.

I'll always be adding stuff to my website anyway :P I'm going walking on Ireland this summer so you can expect some nice photos from that :)

I'm not leaving Taleworlds or MBX, I'll probably be around here for quite a while longer and always be around to help out. That is until I find another game that really interests me or when Taleworlds drifts off somewhere lost in the depths of the internet.

Boy_suicide

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2007, 12:28:22 pm »
So what's your plan Yosh? You're stalling the release in the current state until both mods are complete? Or are you still set on releasing both as they are?  ???
Your last post made stuff a tad bit unclear. xP
((I'm itching for Pirates! in 808. Prolly because I have nothing better to do right now. Harrrr!!))

Yoshiboy

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2007, 01:21:00 pm »
I'm releasing both now, but I might come back later to update them.

Offline Shik

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2007, 05:31:37 pm »
Can't wait. Linky?

Tuckles

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2007, 04:54:39 am »
Good luck with your studies yoshi! We're expecting you back  :D

LionNinja

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2007, 05:23:04 am »
I'm releasing both now, but I might come back later to update them.

I failed my AS's so good luck dude

Pellidon

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2007, 03:33:40 pm »
any news? i know that's a really obnoxious question, but i've been craving this mod for quite a long time and would like an update.

Paradukes

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2007, 09:21:36 am »
So... What's the current situation?

Update?

Yoshiboy

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2007, 10:26:08 am »
So... What's the current situation?

Update?

Just waiting for someone to get back to me :)

Drifter

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2007, 03:36:06 pm »
The pirates download doesn't appear to work.
EDIT:
add the !.rar at the end, or just copy and paste the whole thing... My bad, sorry

Edit2:

Just tried Pirates. At first, the Ship combat is very weird. But once you get used to it, it's quite fun to move the ship about and fire upon the enemy ship.

Gotta love the men swinging from the ropes as well.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 03:50:41 pm by Drifter »