login

Author Topic: Realease in current state.  (Read 54907 times)

Yoshiboy

Re: Realease in current state.
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 10:21:18 am »
I'd be releasing both the mod and the source. But if you decide to play the mod you're not allowed to moan at me because of bugs :P The mod is essential for development as well as the source.

Fishing is pretty much finished. You can't fish off boats like I was hoping but you can fish of the peir. Fishing (a more primitive version) was in RPGmod beforehand anyway.

emperor77

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 10:35:08 am »
What are the features of the current state Pirates mod?

bryce

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 11:06:10 am »
Sorry to hear you are running out of steam.  If nothing else, I am sure a lot of people could get some good ideas from looking at your source, and I am sure you will come back to things someday or else someone else will pick up the ball.

Hope you are feeling better soon, man!

great_duke

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 11:11:10 am »
I will warn you, by my own experience that if you pass the ball to some random stranger things might get crappy ( Like gramma said "Want something done well? do it yourself").

You should probably keep working on it at a small pace and then pick it up at vacation or when things quiet down. M&B is not gonna run away! it will probably be more than an year until it finally reaches version 1.0  ???

Yoshiboy

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2007, 12:30:17 pm »
I'm uploading the stuff now. I haven't even checked if RPGmod is playable. I'm tempted to make this release not to the public, the idea of releasing an unfinished mod to the public seems silly, with the amount of noobs that can't install a mod most of them might think what the hell is wrong when RPGmod suddenly stops or there are big bugs in Pirates! I think a better system might be a PM system, where people PM me for the mod so that they really understand what they are downloading.

LionNinja

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 12:48:09 pm »
Why not only put it in this thread, that way everyone has read this thread, understood the circumstances and saves you time PM'ing everyone the mod

Cymro

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 01:58:56 pm »
That would make more sense. Besides, do you reall think you could cope with 50+ PMs a day requesting a link? ;)

Highlander

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 03:02:47 pm »
Oh noes, it seems as if I can't access it :(. Did you misspell the links?
Edit: Removed?

Apollon-04

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 03:06:38 pm »
I cant find the link, where is it?

Boy_suicide

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 03:07:34 pm »
Hmmm? Confuzzled?
And Yoshi, an unfinished mod out to the public is no biggie, just call it a beta. xP
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 03:10:19 pm by Boy_suicide »

Yoshiboy

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 03:20:02 pm »
No i took down the links I couldn't get them right.

Boy_suicide

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 03:24:57 pm »
Release them as 'Pirates and RPGmod Beta!' and say a fancy speech, of how these mods futures are in the community's hands. That'll kick a few people to work, I think xD
Just use the MB file repository, I really cannot get why people like rapidshare so much, it's amazingly unfriendly to non-users. :/
This just might make my week. I feel terrible because I came to a distant country for a soccer tourney, but got a huge fever and couldn't play. This will surely help me into health. xD

Yoshiboy

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 04:12:14 pm »
Release them as 'Pirates and RPGmod Beta!' and say a fancy speech, of how these mods futures are in the community's hands. That'll kick a few people to work, I think xD
Just use the MB file repository, I really cannot get why people like rapidshare so much, it's amazingly unfriendly to non-users. :/
This just might make my week. I feel terrible because I came to a distant country for a soccer tourney, but got a huge fever and couldn't play. This will surely help me into health. xD

Hey, no emotional blackmail ;)

There have been some issues but it should be worked out by the end of the week.

Tuckles

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 04:20:35 pm »
So... Yoshi, your final decision? I'm eager to hear.  :D

LionNinja

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 04:34:59 pm »
Have you mentioned this in RPGMod thread too Yoshi?, some people might be watching that and not this.

Also, glad you are still working on it a little :D