login

Author Topic: Onin no Ran FAQ  (Read 77229 times)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Onin no Ran FAQ
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008, 08:49:38 PM »
The troops that don't upgrade are a complex mess of faction and neutral troops with the same names, some of whom upgrade and some do not.  We're aware it could be a problem ... potential solutions have been discussed, but not yet implemented.

The Dojo locations are S. Kyoto, Yodo, Hikone, Imazu, Iga, Oe, Oya, and Haga. (Unless there were changes in the last version that I don't know about yet.)  I'm sure those have been listed around here in a few places before, but it was easier to retype than to look for them.

behemoth

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2008, 09:01:26 PM »
The troops that don't upgrade are a complex mess of faction and neutral troops with the same names, some of whom upgrade and some do not.  We're aware it could be a problem ... potential solutions have been discussed, but not yet implemented.

The Dojo locations are S. Kyoto, Yodo, Hikone, Imazu, Iga, Oe, Oya, and Haga. (Unless there were changes in the last version that I don't know about yet.)  I'm sure those have been listed around here in a few places before, but it was easier to retype than to look for them.

Yep i managed to figure it out with the first part - resqued troops i could upgrade, as well a troops i got from a fraction after i sight in.
But the ones i recruit in the inns - are capable of advancing only the half way.
I just was not sure if it's a proper behavior or jst a bug

I wonder if there is a way to make them to differ somehow.

Gor example  - i want to disband half of my heavy cavalry, but i can't tell wich part of them are capable to transform later to , let's say umamawari, so i just take chances

And thank you for a dojo list , i'm  going to test it now :-)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 10:14:51 PM by behemoth »

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2008, 10:19:48 PM »
Heavy cavalry with no upgrade options will not show any upgrade options on the screen, while those that can will show either Juu-kihei or Naginata Kihei on the screen.

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

sdog

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 06:35:35 AM »
In earlier versions of M&B (i think 8.08 and before) troops were hired in the inns. So it never was a question where to look for fresh troops, for players who started ONR back then. But now it should probably be mentioned. I suppose there will be a larger influx of new players in september, when M&B goes 1.0, maybe a good time to overwork help and readmes?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 08:11:37 AM »
Well, if and when we get around to taking full advantage of the integrated online help, as seen in .90x Native, we can deal with a lot of the instructions in-game.  But that is still features waiting to be implemented.

Before we get to any kind of a final version, all help and instruction-related files will be in place.  But this is still version 0.6.4 - just over half of where it is planned to go eventually.  So that could be a little premature, don't you think?

behemoth

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 05:00:15 PM »
Ok another lazy noob question , if i may.

I'm not as good with the name as i supposed to , so i have a really had time finding NPC companions.
I'm testing mostly now, i i really don't want to play hide and seek with them.

I managed to find naginat girl (she is easy to remembet) and a monk (for an obvios reason he is in monastery), some times i bumb into a loneny ronin and once i found an archer guy (he asked for a pack of Ya, odd, since he has much better arrows in his inventory)

Can someboy please tell me how many NPC companions are currently in ONR and where are they (excluding Dojo guys)

Thanks in advance.

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 05:20:26 PM »
You found them all except Yamamatsu, in the Nose inn. He requires a fancy sword (quest involved)

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

Offline Shik

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2009, 01:09:06 PM »
Hey, what do I do with the letter of introduction to Hosokawa?

I was told to find a certain Hosokawa Katsumoto in Kyoto, but I can't find him anywhere in South Kyoto.

Frost1

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2009, 01:40:41 PM »
Well i read trough most of the stuff here and there's one question I'd like to ask : Why are the other parts of Kyoto closed ?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2009, 09:59:30 PM »
Well i read trough most of the stuff here and there's one question I'd like to ask : Why are the other parts of Kyoto closed ?

They're not closed in the last release - you just have to go in through the south gate and then wander to the correct exit.

Originally, the problem was just not being ready.

Rexmundi

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2009, 06:02:55 AM »
heya, I have a question about getting the zen monk to join you. he needs a tendai charm, (which can be gotten from merchants in towns around the temple) only problem is, i checked every merchant around, and none say anything about the charm, nor do they sell them.. Does anyone know where i can get it?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009, 07:32:40 AM »
heya, I have a question about getting the zen monk to join you. he needs a tendai charm, (which can be gotten from merchants in towns around the temple) only problem is, i checked every merchant around, and none say anything about the charm, nor do they sell them.. Does anyone know where i can get it?

Keep looking.  They don't say anything about it, but you will eventually find one in somebody's inventory for sale.  It's random ... but somebody will sell them.

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2009, 04:17:16 PM »
If I may, I'd like to ask about the current status of the Blood-Loss Model in relation to this mod, and others.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2009, 04:30:14 PM »
If I may, I'd like to ask about the current status of the Blood-Loss Model in relation to this mod, and others.

It should be working ... if it was added back in after the port.  It was working in .90x before.

Wound something pretty seriously, and wait a couple of minutes, and see.

penguinking100

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2009, 09:47:01 AM »
where do you recruit non inn troops ive tried doing the hokosawa (or whatever) faction joining quest but i get stuck in the conversation screen talking to Akamatsu Yoshitsuru in hemiji and can move on so im just running around with a bunch of ronin/samurai and peasants from inns, also, has any1 ever been able to recruit captured troops every time i try n recruit them they say they would rather a snake bite off their toe lol