login

Author Topic: Firearms  (Read 6402 times)

Paradukes

Firearms
« on: April 10, 2007, 06:11:51 am »
Is there any chance that Pirates for 0.808 will have the same selection of fireams as the Call to Arms mod? (Found Here: http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,20789.0.html)

Whenever I play it, I think to myself "How good would that gun be for fending off a boarding party?".

Yoshiboy

Re: Firearms
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 06:47:34 am »
I might take a few from it but nearly all of them are way out of period and context. Any particular ones you like? They're also Greak Duke's I'll have to ask permission.

Paradukes

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 05:45:28 pm »
I might take a few from it but nearly all of them are way out of period and context. Any particular ones you like? They're also Greak Duke's I'll have to ask permission.

Well I figured most of them would be innapropriate, (Although, since when was this mod historically accurate?  ;) ) but the rifles are pretty cool, as well as several of the pistols.

night raider

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 11:07:49 pm »
since you're into new stuff, I'd like to see a blunderbuss of sorts that does area damage - maybe you and hellequin can strike a deal

Yoshiboy

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 01:32:38 am »
since you're into new stuff, I'd like to see a blunderbuss of sorts that does area damage - maybe you and hellequin can strike a deal

Don't worry, I've got that working. As well as a new lighter blunderbuss which has faster re-load but less damage and shorter range etc.

Well I figured most of them would be innapropriate, (Although, since when was this mod historically accurate?  Wink ) but the rifles are pretty cool, as well as several of the pistols.

Right, I'll take a look and talk to greatduke about them.

Paradukes

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 08:14:51 am »

Wait, you mean someone actually has AoE working? Awesome!

Offline Dain Ironfoot

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 02:48:18 am »
This mod is not about historical accuracy, aye.. but it should still retain a piratey atmosphere. You start putting in weird and wonderful guns and you loose that atmosphere.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 03:06:29 am »
And atmosphere is important, because it helps the characters to breathe. ::)

Yoshiboy

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 04:01:30 am »
This mod is not about historical accuracy, aye.. but it should still retain a piratey atmosphere. You start putting in weird and wonderful guns and you loose that atmosphere.

Got it in one.

Brigadier Hussey

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 04:13:20 am »
Suitable weapons from dukes pack:

Nock volley gun (used briefly by royal navy)
All single and double barreled pistols, muskets, rifles, shotguns and blunderbusses
As rare items flint revolver, flint pepperbox and percussion muzzle and breach loaders. All these are experimental weapons from late 18th and early 19th century, must be very rare and hugely expensive though.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 03:03:30 am »
Cheers Hussey :)