Author Topic: Storymod Chapter 2: Contributions Thread  (Read 4468 times)

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Storymod Chapter 2: Contributions Thread
« on: January 12, 2007, 08:18:32 PM »
This is where we will manage all incoming contributions, and where you should offer to contribute if there's anything you can do to help finish Chapter 2.

What we need right now is:

MAP ICONS
---

We are in need of:

1 new icon of a Dalician town.
1 new castle icon for Dalician castles.

DECORATED SCENES
---

We are in need of:
7 town centres, HIGH priority
7 merchant shops, LOW priority
6 castle interiors, MEDIUM priority
4 taverns. LOW priority

These are all intended for well-developed Dalician cities (should be of equal size or larger than the Calradian cities). 12 is the total number of Dalician cities, 50% of which are located on steppe, 35% on plains, 10% in forest, 5% in mountain snow. If possible each scene should have a medieval-Spanish atmosphere, and each city centre should certainly have prominent displays of Dalician heraldry, which is currently available in Storymod C1 by way of heraldic shields. They are in the Items category, named after the Dalician noble house whose image it bears. Each house completely controls its bit of countryside, so don't mix heraldry; mixing is only appropriate for communal places, such as the capital (Dalicia) and military outposts.

The current Dalician houses and their approximate locations (note that the map is rotated 180 degrees -- up is south, left is east, and so on):

Map -- http://crossedswords.co.nr/stuff/dalicia.JPG

Royals: Dalicia
House Redshield: Dalsha
House Maidentear: Escura
House Ascavar: Ascavar
House Tourmaline: Cul

More cities will be assigned as more heraldry becomes available.

NOTE: Dalician heraldry is currently not required for new scenes.

We also need:

5 peasant villages, with huts and rough houses and a few entry points in logical places. A good level of detail is required. The villages should preferably be of significant size, without too much in the way of battle-inhibiting walls, and they should not be scrunched up against the map borders. Rivers through the middle of town are fine, but make sure there's a bridge. This job is MEDIUM priority.

You can use any Native or StorymodC1 interior mesh for these scenes, with any Native or StorymodC1 props. Modelling new interiors would be even better, but not necessary -- we only really need decorations as per the in-game edit mode.

Please post here if you'd like to do any of the items listed above. The team and I would greatly appreciate it. Anyone who contributes will get a contributor credit on the release page and in-mod, same as in Storymod C1.

Largely,
Winter
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 06:04:00 AM by Winter »

Smaug_the_dragon

Re: Storymod Chapter 2: Contributions Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 11:15:32 AM »

I tired to make a siege icon for you (check your pms)  What do you think?

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Re: Storymod Chapter 2: Contributions Thread
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 12:09:42 PM »

I tired to make a siege icon for you (check your pms)  What do you think?

The icon needs to surround the town. Preferably no siege towers; that would confuse the map too much. Some mini catapults/trebuchets would be perfect though.

The little tents are nice.

Flagellantly,
Winter