login

Author Topic: Question on % system in crafts  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Boiled Ice

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Question on % system in crafts
« on: April 08, 2007, 09:45:59 PM »
G'day,

Just wondering how the percentage system for skill level in crafts works.  In most games you have skill levels like level 10 smithing or something but this is obviously different.  Does it behave any differently?

Also, while talking to a craft master dude you get the option of increasing your percentage in a specific skill.  How does this work?  Can I just increase the skill to 100% with no effort or would doing this take percentage away from the other skills?

My last paragraph raised another question, when I'm manually raising a skill while collecting, for example, wood and I gain 1% in woodcutting do I lose 1% in a different skill?

The reason these questions have popped up is because when I think of % I think of everything adding up to 100% which made me think that it's impossible to have 100% in all skills.

Thanks

Offline The Yogi

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
Re: Question on % system in crafts
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 04:45:27 PM »
I wondered too why it was possible to raise the crafting skills at will. Is it just a leftover from the beta version, so playtesters could easily try to craft things at different skill levels?

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Re: Question on % system in crafts
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 12:24:47 AM »
I wondered too why it was possible to raise the crafting skills at will. Is it just a leftover from the beta version, so playtesters could easily try to craft things at different skill levels?

That, and crafting skills aren't carried over when people exported/imported their characters from an old version of Craftmod to a new version. So I coded up a little thing to let them restore their craftskills at will. And for people to experiment and have fun with it.