Should I move GM over to taleworlds?

Yes
13 (22.4%)
No
27 (46.6%)
I dont care
18 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Galactic Mercenary! Moved To taleworlds!!!!!  (Read 140453 times)

Apollon-04

Re: Galactic Mercenary! In need of new team members!!!
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2007, 12:06:24 pm »
To the team members:
To keep in touch, and be able to share files easily, I'm requesting that all team members get an AIM screen name. My name is currently Jeraldo04. Once you get a screen name, just pm me what it is.

Here is the redone version of the weapons shop. Added a roof, a weapons shack, and a weapons sign (the two swords crossing) Please tell me what you think.

Quail

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2007, 09:07:28 pm »
The shop looks good. I think it would be a good idea to have a specific gun shop and when you walk in there are just racks upon racks of guns  :green:

Ok here is the picture to replace the knight...Yes I know it side ways...and the head is supposed to be on the smaller side.

With out further ado

wait a moment we are experencing technical difficulties

fixed

« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:21:06 pm by Quail »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2007, 11:11:46 pm »
What happened to that guy?  Is he squatting to take a dump or something?  Because I didn't know a human could turn his knees out at that angle.  The grip on the weapon looks most unnatural as well, with the left hand closer to the body than the elbow - that looks painful.

I'm not just trying to be critical, really ... but something is not right in that picture.

Quail

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2007, 12:15:11 am »
you know whats funny...I had some one who posed for me for this picture...and he could bend his knee that far. Heck so can I.

It is really difficult to draw the left arm in these situations, so at times it looks slightly painful. You probably can't see where the right thumb is very well

Thanks for the advice by the way, and thats how they squat sometimes in a combat situation. (believe me I have been in many situations in which I had to be in that squat...)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2007, 12:36:23 am »
you know whats funny...I had some one who posed for me for this picture...and he could bend his knee that far. Heck so can I.

It is really difficult to draw the left arm in these situations, so at times it looks slightly painful. You probably can't see where the right thumb is very well

Thanks for the advice by the way, and thats how they squat sometimes in a combat situation. (believe me I have been in many situations in which I had to be in that squat...)

The Chinese sit like that all the time.  It still looks really odd.  USMC has been trying for years to get troops to stop doing that and get their feet turned where they can move... my brother had an advantage there, because I always taught him not to bend the knees too much.  Especially not in a gun fight, because it puts your head right where center body mass should be, and therefore right where an enemy will most naturally shoot.

The left hand needs to be further out on the weapon.  Elbow against the ribs, grip closer to the end of the barrel ... that would actually help stabilize the weapon.  The current grip looks more like he is trying to strangle his weapon than fire it.  I really think the left forearm is just too short, actually, but that's the feel it gives.

Still, maybe it's just the perspective on the drawing, but I vote you re-do it.  Aim for a more natural stance.  Your drawing is fine, but your subject and composition need a little tweaking.

Apollon-04

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2007, 04:54:22 pm »
The shop looks good. I think it would be a good idea to have a specific gun shop and when you walk in there are just racks upon racks of guns  :green:

Ok here is the picture to replace the knight...Yes I know it side ways...and the head is supposed to be on the smaller side.

With out further ado

wait a moment we are experencing technical difficulties

fixed

Thats not a bad drawing, pretty good actually. I sort of pictured the main page being a lone soldier (like that guy) but instead of just standing in a firing position, actually shooting like crazy, and screaming because hes holding off a horde of enemies. You notice how his gun is aimed towards the ground in your drawing? I like that drawing, but i suggest re-doing it.

@davis_Andrews-I havnt heard from you in awhile, can i get a progres report?

Quail

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2007, 05:38:07 pm »
I'll do a different drawing all together with the same guy.

Apollon-04

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2007, 06:27:26 pm »
Ok, i jsut added another sword to the game, ive been sick for a week, still am, so progress is kind of slow on my part.\

Edit-DavisAndrews, i really need to see some of your models, so i can get in-game.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 06:36:10 pm by Apollon-04 »

Apollon-04

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2007, 07:08:27 am »
I had an idea in the shower this morning (no i didnt stay at a holdiay inn express,but oh well  :D). The idea is for the third race in the game. We have Humans, battle robots, and.... Genetically modified superhumans! Theyd be bred for battle, be be very stupid. In other words, low intelligence, bad pathfinding, tracking, surgey, etc. High str, weapon master etc. Robots will be the exact opposite, so ittl work out. Robots will be more firearms, and genetically modifed superhumans will be more melee. Does anyone have an idea for a name for these monsters? I though of a new surgery option. Instead of jsut being able to get cybernetic arms, why not.... sword arms?? Im sure youve seen in Mortal Kombat, those creatures with swords that come out of their arms. I think itd be cool. Tell me what you all think.

Apollon-04

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2007, 10:05:59 am »
Another sword in game. I like it. Im going to redo the texture, but what ya'll think?

Quail

« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2007, 02:27:19 pm »
I love that screen shot.

Ok...that outline for the picture is done, but I'm making copies of it so I can practice shading it and making it look more realistic

Apollon-04

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2007, 03:18:24 pm »
Sounds good, i still havnt heard from Davis_andrews, and I even e-mailed him, so i dont know whats going on.

Eother

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2007, 10:53:15 pm »
I killed him, and ate his soul.

Nah, I'm kidding. Why are you retexturing that sword? I actually like it like that. :) You should have a ton of cool swords like that.

Apollon-04

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2007, 08:13:01 am »
Well thats the thing, all my swords as of right now are textured from weapons1, just like that. Black handle, dark metal. I think itd get a little boring, unless theyre like the weapons of thes evil dudes. And in that case, itd look cool because itd be all matching, and then we could have other swords with different textures, but just not do those until we have someone who can create textures. See what im saying?

Also, what do you guys think of the genetically modified superhuman idea?

Apollon-04

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2007, 02:54:23 pm »
I finally got my first rifle in-game! this is nethoras' model. I found a texture for it, but it was screwing up in brf, so i left it black for now. What do yall think?