Should I move GM over to taleworlds?

Yes
13 (22.4%)
No
27 (46.6%)
I dont care
18 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Galactic Mercenary! Moved To taleworlds!!!!!  (Read 85557 times)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Mercenary!
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2007, 11:16:26 AM »
Or even a grenade launcher, if you look at those two things on the top as grenades-- though the barrel would have to be bigger, and the programming (I'm assuming) would be a pain.

Erm... no, it looks nothing like a grenade launcher.  Those are obviously gas or liquid containers.

Could be a squirt gun.

High-velocity liquid corrosives can be very effective.  Just look at how effective something as stupid as pepper spray has been ... and multiply it out to what would happen if the spray was, say, 90% hydrogen peroxide.

Apollon-04

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 02:29:54 PM »
All of those look amazing! anyways, i jsut found out i can model armor in wings 3d, but is there anyone who can rig it for me? Also, i had this really cool idea for a dagger, ill psot a pic of in in-game in a little bit. Also, will people please respond to the earlier posts? because msot went unanswered.

Quail

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2007, 02:43:27 PM »
I think it would be easier if you learned how to rig...

anyway once I finish the song I'm doing now I'll send it and the other one over to you

Apollon-04

Re: Galactic Mercenary! In need of new team members!!!
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2007, 03:56:37 PM »
Im having some problems with the mod. For the past few days ive been getting this error every time i open up mount & blade. It happens at loading setting data. Any ideas?\

Anyways, as the title says, we need team members, and bad. We're a three man team, and our skills are fairly limited. I know a little python, and I can model really well if i actually try... :D but we could really use some help on the mod.

DavisAndrews, make sure to make the sci-fi guns look very realistic, more scifi than fantasy. Also, does anyone have any ideas for more races?

Team members- if you want any work, jsut ask, and ill give you some.

Last thing- we really need some public trafiic in this mod, suggestions, ideas anything, that could really help.

aGorilla

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2007, 06:22:45 PM »
Also, does anyone have any ideas for more races?

Don't forget the robots!  For the rest, just remember... Google is God!

Apollon-04

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2007, 07:10:03 PM »
robots might be a good idea...... killer robots! no but seriosly, we could have robots, that are like soldiers to us. There'd be an abundance of them, since theyre easy to build, but without proper training, theyd suck. Thats my idea. now, look at this

Youve always wanted to hold a dagger like this, havent you? no seriously, isnt that awesome?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2007, 08:18:18 PM »
How does the dagger look in combat?

A lot of Japanese forms use underhand grips on knives ... if you can get it to perform right, look natural on the attacks and such, ONR may want to do the same.

Quail

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2007, 10:23:04 PM »
thats cool...

sorry school sucks and hopefully I get that song finished tonight.

Oh, do cyborgs/human with cybernetic upgrades.

Also lets do hoverbikes instead of horses.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 10:25:39 PM by Quail »

Davis_Andrews

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2007, 01:02:27 AM »
Sure I know I'm no modeling god or anything, but I would like more direction...  Gonna be a lot of props that need modeling.  I can do that, but I need to know what to build.  :D

Offline nema

• Journeyman
  • ... what nema made was outside reality...
    • View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2007, 01:34:41 AM »
Im having some problems with the mod. For the past few days ive been getting this error every time i open up mount & blade. It happens at loading setting data. Any ideas?\

Did you change something in item_kinds1.txt or maybe in troops.txt?

Quail

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2007, 03:46:33 AM »
Sure I know I'm no modeling god or anything, but I would like more direction...  Gonna be a lot of props that need modeling.  I can do that, but I need to know what to build.  :D

start simple.

Start with scene props like counters, tables, and chairs.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2007, 04:23:54 AM »
Heck, just start by replacing a bunch of the wall textures and such with something that looks sci-fi.  Make a wood bench look like a black plastic bench, and bang, you're 2000 years from where you were.

Apollon-04

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2007, 07:14:21 AM »
Ron losey, yes the dagger looks fairly right in combat. Im gooing to take off peirce for it, and i need to change the sheath, because that looks weird.

DavisAndrews, you dont need to add the items in-game yet. Just send them to me, and ill add them to the mod. I know how. Ill post some pictures of guns i want you to model in a bit. Just remember, keep them realistic, there like assualt rifles, jsut futuristic. Get what im saying? anyways, my e-mail is jareddavis@kc.rr.com, and my AIM screen name is Jeraldo04. If you dont have AIM, can you maybe try to get one? its  free, and its easier to share files, and chat, etc.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2007, 07:35:01 AM »
If and when you get far enough along for me to monkey with the damage numbers, I'll take a good look at the dagger - try to figure out which strikes result in what sort of damage.  My experience says cuts from underhand grip do a lot more damage, but of course their reach is reduced to nothing beyond arm's reach.  If it looks good, numbers can be created when we get that far.

Apollon-04

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2007, 01:23:45 PM »
Well, I'm going to redo the blade of the dagger, that was just a roughdraft. DavisAndrews, don't worry about props. I'm a good modeller, and i can handle them for now.

By the way, the guns you've made are amazing.