Should I move GM over to taleworlds?

Yes
13 (22.4%)
No
27 (46.6%)
I dont care
18 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Galactic Mercenary! Moved To taleworlds!!!!!  (Read 87066 times)

Apollon-04

Re: Galactic Mercenary!
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 05:29:11 PM »
Heres my first sword ever in-game. It doesnt even have a texture on it yet, i just needed to see if i could get it in game, and i like it. Once i redo the texture, and modify the sword to make it more 'deadly', because i didnt make this sword for this mod, it was an earlier estoc id made. You like?
Oh and the people out there worrying about me double/triple posting, theres a post out there by grocat, in a topic where someone double posted, saying that it was ok, since quite a bit of time had passed between the psots, and no one acknowledged them/ replied to them. (thats not word for word)

Quail

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 10:38:15 PM »
FYI if clicking on the link for the song doesn't work, copy and past it into the address bar.

Offline nema

• Journeyman
  • ... what nema made was outside reality...
    • View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 06:22:14 AM »
EDIT: YES I FINALY GOT AUTOCAD!

Can you help me a little. After modeling in ACAD, what you must do, to import ACAD picture to MB?

P.S.
What kind of scripts work are you planing?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 06:51:25 AM by nema »

Apollon-04

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 08:13:46 AM »
Right now, we're not working at scripting at all, since we dont have a scripter, and i onlu know the basics. For now, we're jsut going to get the items ingame, change the map, and basic stuff like that.  Im not quite sure what we're planning, since we havnt gotten that far yet, ill let you know when we do.

Quail

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 11:18:51 AM »
I haven't installed it yet, but from what I saw of it you export the model  as a .obj file

Erm...i all suddenly forgot what to do after that...there is a tutorial somewhere on it though.

Apollon-04

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 12:23:37 PM »
For anyone whos read this thread, if you have any modding ability at all, would you like to consider joining the team? Even if what your good at isnt posted in the first page (at the part where i posted what team members we needed), i  bet that we could still use you. So join today! (sounds like a pretty cheesey ad doesnt it?)

Offline nema

• Journeyman
  • ... what nema made was outside reality...
    • View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2007, 01:36:47 PM »
I haven't installed it yet, but from what I saw of it you export the model  as a .obj file

Erm...i all suddenly forgot what to do after that...there is a tutorial somewhere on it though.

You'll need 3dsmax at end. I don't have latest version of ACAD on my table right now, but I think that you can export just .3ds. If you will need some help with ACAD you can ask me. And don't forget that in ACAD you can use scripts. It's much faster than hand drawing. But it is true, that I writing ACAD scripts with c++.

Davis_Andrews

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2007, 06:43:34 PM »
Here's a Laser Rifle I whipped up.  Sitting at about 650 polys.

Quail

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2007, 06:44:36 PM »
I think the barrel could be a little smaller in diameter, but looks great

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2007, 08:09:22 PM »
No, don't make the barrel smaller on an energy weapon.  You want the barrel to look like it contains a bunch of electromagnetic coils and a cooling system or something.  Simple round steel barrels are a mark of conventional rifles.

Davis_Andrews

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2007, 08:31:42 PM »
I think the barrel could be a little smaller in diameter, but looks great

I thinned the barrel down a bit and created a pistol to go along with it.

Davis_Andrews

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2007, 08:33:55 PM »
No, don't make the barrel smaller on an energy weapon.  You want the barrel to look like it contains a bunch of electromagnetic coils and a cooling system or something.  Simple round steel barrels are a mark of conventional rifles.

Well, at any rate, I have both versions available.  So whichever is preferred can be used.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2007, 08:51:14 PM »
They look good, anyway.  Simple, direct - the kind of thing that soldiers would carry.

(One of the common problems with science fiction is how impractical some of the weapons look.)

Davis_Andrews

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2007, 09:35:38 PM »
Don't know if this is useful but this can either be a Flame Thrower or perhaps a chemical based laser.

Garth

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2007, 09:43:36 AM »
Or even a grenade launcher, if you look at those two things on the top as grenades-- though the barrel would have to be bigger, and the programming (I'm assuming) would be a pain.