Should I move GM over to taleworlds?

Yes
13 (22.4%)
No
27 (46.6%)
I dont care
18 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Galactic Mercenary! Moved To taleworlds!!!!!  (Read 88676 times)

Apollon-04

Galactic Mercenary! Moved To taleworlds!!!!!
« on: March 30, 2007, 02:31:56 PM »
Moved To Taleworlds!!
Go here!!!!  http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,25575.0.html

Link to Screenshots! http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,513.0.html

Ive come up with a new mod that ive been thinking about for awhile now. Im going to call it Galactic Mercenary. Its set in the future, on an asteroid. Its going to be a mix of sci-fi and fantasy, with laser guns, and pointy swords :D

Background Story.

In the past, the asteroid belt of Aponuncius was a peaceful place. That changed once the Blood Mercs came. The Galactic Mercenaries inhabited the asteroids, and they were the best warriors in history. They were strong, smart, and were easily crushing the Blood Mercs in a 2-way battle, led by their fearless leader, Apollon. The Blood Mercs then found a mutual friend, and started winning the war. Who was this mutual friend? They called themselves The Punishers. They had 30 'men' for every 1 GM. No one knew how they ammased so many soldiers. Some beleive they found a ancient power, that made them stronger. This beleif is strengthened by the fact that there have been reports of Beasts lurking in the forests, and bodys found in with gruesome slashes over them. The GM were better soldiers, but they were overwhelmed by The Punisher's mass forces. There are but a few left, and you are one of them. Find Apollons weapons, save your people, and crush your enemies in every way possible. in every way possible.

This  mod takes a lot of inspiration from Knights of the Old Republic, Knights of the Old Republic II, The elder scrolls 3 Morrowind, The elder scrolls 4 Oblivion.

Positions needed...

I need experienced modders to do many jobs, you dont have to join if you don't want to, but if you're interested, just tell me. I've got most jobs covered so far, but you can still help.
Meet the team so far..

Apollon-04=Modeller, texturer, scripter, team leader (pretty much everything)
Quallover= Music maker
Ron Losey=Making the RCM
Servitor=Map maker, Beta tester
Bascavia10=Beta tester, scripter, Webmaster
Pellidon=Beta tester, Idea contributor, criticisor, item scouter, and a bunch of other stuff not related to actual modding  :D jk pellidon.
Valthord=Modeller
Anyways thats everyone so far.
Edit: please dont tell me if you like/dislike this idea, only post if you have a suggestion, or want to volunteer to help, etc.  screw it, say whatever the **** you want.

Edit 2: Im hoping to get this mod reorganized, and easier for everyone to look at my progress (after Ive actually done something :D) so lets hope that the administrators upgrade this to a major mod (Since i will be changing a lot) and then i can have multiple topics.

Contributors=
Aenarion
Highlander
Nethoras
GrimReaper
JiK
Cali

If I forgot anyone on the team members or contributors thread, please tell me.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 03:02:57 PM by Apollon-04 »

Yoshiboy

Re: Galactic Mercenary!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 03:05:57 PM »
Swords look good. :) good luck with the mod.

Apollon-04

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 03:22:58 PM »
please dont tell me if you like/dislike this idea, only post if you have a suggestion, or want to volunteer to help, etc.

Thanks for the encouragement anyways.

Quail

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 04:01:06 PM »
Ah...so you got this up...Time to work...

I got a song I'm working on so you can check it.

PMing you the link

EDIT: YES I FINALY GOT AUTOCAD!

Better models here I come(well not for a while)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 04:05:43 PM by Quail »

Apollon-04

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 10:02:28 PM »
Im having a bit of bad luck. Ive been having guspav help me get my mod set up, but when i copy the official module system, native, etc. and set all the paths, the same glitch always comes up. This happened last time i tried to make a mod too, with the same error. Guspav and I cant figure it out, ill try to keep working on it, but itd be great if someone could do it for me.

Apollon-04

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 10:23:28 PM »
Some to-do work for my modeller, DavisAndrews. Guns of the future... oooooooh.

Modify them any way you feel fit, theyre just guidelines.
You dont have to specifically do all these guns, theyre jsut to give you an idea of what i need.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 10:44:37 PM »
I'll end the poll for you ... Go for it.  I've never tried to model sci-fi weapons before, but why not?  I couldn't screw them up any worse than Native or just randomly assigning values.

When you get something together, I'll look at it for balance.

Apollon-04

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 10:47:03 PM »
Ok sounds good. Whenever i decided to make a mod (which i finally did) i always wanted to have the decisions made by the public, so any major decisions affecting the mod wil be decided by polls. Please vote.

Quail

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 11:05:53 PM »
DavisAndrews feel free to make up some original designs that pertain to the mod, also.

Apollon-04

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 08:40:48 AM »
Yeah, thats kind of what i was trying to imply, just make up futuristic guns in your head, or google images like i did, and find a gun you like.

Offline nema

• Journeyman
  • ... what nema made was outside reality...
    • View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 08:51:58 AM »
Very interesting. I wish you good luck.

Apollon-04

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 11:22:39 AM »
Heres a sword that i did pretty quick. Its missing a little something, so tell me what i need to change.
Edit: I redid the handle a bit:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 11:35:10 AM by Apollon-04 »

Eother

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 01:30:44 PM »
So, is focus on melee or ranged combat? I noticed you are having swords and guns, interesting!

How are you going to deal with melee characters countering guns? I suggest shields...energy shields! That would be neat.

Anyhow, GL on it!

Apollon-04

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 01:37:29 PM »
Exactly, energy sheilds. Also, itll be focused on both, depending on which you like better. I finally fixed my problem (thanks to guspav) and ive added a sword into the game already.

Apollon-04

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 03:27:52 PM »
Its time to listen to one of the soundtracks for the mod, made by quail, or the quaillover over on taleworlds. I think its awesome, even though he says its jsut a roughdraft. hmph. artists.
http://www.freewebs.com/quailpilot/axisrequiem.mp3