login

Author Topic: Too rich for my blood.  (Read 8652 times)

dulahan

Re: Too rich for my blood.
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 10:46:36 PM »
The Trot & Reload tactic works great.  You'll probably need to stop to aim, but I've been doing that a lot in my recent game.

Phoenix

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 01:08:58 PM »
@Phoenix Re: Tactics
I'll take you're advice, but remember, the character in question was only a couple of weeks old (game time).

so? you can just export your character and then in the text doc of your char choose whatever skills you want. that way I fixed myu problem with having too lfew soldiers by changing my lidership to 10  8)

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 02:56:06 PM »
so, how's the new economy working out for you? is it better this way?

Offline The Yogi

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 03:05:10 PM »
so, how's the new economy working out for you? is it better this way?
Yeah, it's good. I now rarely bother to pick up anything but the gold and the very finest balanced indian weapons when playing as conquistador. Which is a good thing IMHO.

aGorilla

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 07:52:14 PM »
Sorry for the delayed reply.  Got distracted by Liberty or Death, Onin no ran, and (strangely enough) work ;)

Well, I've given it a couple more shots now.  Both of which I borked pretty seriously (stupid mistakes -- having full inventory when I got the chocolate quest, and by upgrading the wrong attributes for characters).  It still feels a bit too easy to get money, but it's definitely improved.  I've re-read Ron's 1st reply, and I think I need to change my mindset a bit, and give it another go.

I did start to just pick the 'top quality' items (as Yogi mentioned), but somehow, that just doesn't feel normal to me.  I think I'm stuck in RPG/Treadmill mindset.  I'll have to work on that.

I'm not sure that changing the values at Vera Cruz is the right answer.  I guess the logical question is 'who would value what more?'  Part of me thinks that Vera Cruz (Spain's main post no?) _would_ see higher value in certain native items (they're 'exotic'), where the locals wouldn't.  Guess I'm wondering if the reverse wouldn't be a more realistic economic model (ie: low value to the natives, high value in vera cruz, but vera cruz can only take so much - now even the expensive stuff you end up selling dirt cheap to the locals just for the sake of inventory space).  I'm not sure this is an improvement, but it sounds right (in my head anyway).

The above comment applies when you play as a native (not Spanish or Mexican).  Not sure how to work it for the foreign factions, maybe just reverse it again.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 08:11:00 PM »
A few obsidian weapons were sent back to Europe as novelties ... but that happened in the first week the explorers were there, as part of the official diplomatic report on what they discovered.  Beyond that, Europe clearly had neither use nor desire to collect neolithic weapons.

The Spanish merchants wanted their business in gold - either coin or bulk.  They didn't want to have to barter with the locals to sell back a bunch of stone weapons.  Especially not when the locals would pay better for metal tools and weapons.  They could maybe sell a few such objects to the various ship crews that rotated through, who would then take them home to show off in Europe - but that's not a very stable market, nor a very lucrative one.  They could never move a ship-load of them... that's for sure.

aGorilla

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 01:05:06 PM »
Sure, prove me wrong with mere logic and facts.  Oh well, I tried.  I'll shut up about it until/unless I can think of something that might improve it.
Thanks for all of your input, and thanks again to guspav for tweaking it a bit.