login

Author Topic: Recruitable NPCs? (SPOILER)  (Read 3294 times)

dulahan

Recruitable NPCs? (SPOILER)
« on: March 20, 2007, 11:37:50 PM »
Some questions regarding recruitable NPCs.

How many are there?  So far as the Spanish I've only been able to find the guy in the starting Inn.  I found a guy named Bahati but he always says he won't go back and that's that.  And I've found Borcha in a cell, he says he won't fight me (I'd guess this is because he isn't meant to be used in the mod though?).

Are there any others?  I beat Narvaez' army, thinking he'd join me after I turned him into Cortez.  But he didn't.  I've been to every city, and found none while wandering around the inns, though I probably missed them if they just lounge about town (Except a guy standing next to Montezuma, but I figured he's the Aztec's NPC).  and I know the Tlaxtecs are supposed to get one eventually, yes?

(I'm not the sort of person who likes trying to find "secrets" - to me the root is just the engine itself and the setting that is fun.  So anyone willing to spill the beans on where they are if there are any others, or how to get them? I'd be happy! ;)  ).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 09:15:00 AM by guspav »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recruitable NPCs?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 02:15:07 AM »
Narvaez will join you after you take him prisoner.  Talk to him as a prisoner.  Also talk to any troops from his army ... they can be convinced to join you as well.

After you max out the Spanish ranks, Cortez will also ride with you.

-------------------------

Bahati will only join you if you are one of the native factions.  Also, if you play the Mexia, after you make your faction rank, whatshisname ... C., from the royal court will join you.

That makes 3 NPC's for every faction, except Tlax., who don't have number three implemented yet.

Offline guspav

• View Profile
Re: Recruitable NPCs? (SPOILER)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 09:18:36 AM »
Yes, precisely, Ron, but:
Also note that if you're playing a tlaxcaltec you can also get ALL spanish heroes as well if you ally yourself to them (Cortes, Narvaez)
so for now at least, playing for Tlaxcala would enable you to get 4 heroes (Cortes, Narvaez, Diaz and Bahati)

dulahan

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 11:35:29 AM »
Well, bugger.  I messed that one up then by turning him (Narvaez) in.  Guess it's time to wait for the new version and start over. ;)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 08:11:50 PM »
Wait a minute... does the Governor's army led by Narvaez show up if you're not playing Spanish?  I never tested that.

Offline guspav

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 09:34:34 PM »
yes it does ;)