login

Author Topic: Fishing  (Read 22195 times)

night raider

Re: Fishing
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2007, 07:35:36 am »
If this remake is going the direction of flying ships, I sure hope you make options so we can play without them.  I do like SOME elements of realism.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2007, 10:34:05 am »
No flying ships >_>

Garth

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2007, 06:04:16 pm »
Yeah, go figure.

But can you seriously program something like that using M&B's engine?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2007, 06:14:22 pm »
Yeah, go figure.

But can you seriously program something like that using M&B's engine?

You "can" get away with a lot ... but is it effective programming? ... probably not.  It would probably be such an inefficient block of code that the machine would barely work.

One of the fantasy mods (don't remember which one) was trying to get flying citadels ... it wasn't a very workable idea.  Possible, maybe, but very clumsy.

Mirathei

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2007, 08:59:04 am »
I mean, i probably could program flying ships...but why would I want to?

For Pirates, you wouldn't. But if it could be done, that would be and awe inspiring adition to a mod like Star Wars.

Nethoras

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2007, 10:23:15 am »
you should make it so on a very rare ocasion instead of hooking a fish you disturb the sleep of the legendary kraken... or maybye just jim kraken cos he could use a humanoid skeleton, and then of course he attacks you!!!

Yoshiboy

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2007, 03:10:57 pm »
you should make it so on a very rare ocasion instead of hooking a fish you disturb the sleep of the legendary kraken... or maybye just jim kraken cos he could use a humanoid skeleton, and then of course he attacks you!!!

That could be quite funny.

atwood

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2007, 12:19:02 am »
can we catch some mermaid and ask her to become my wife? :o :o :o or be our company to fight against the enemy during sea battle ?

oh, so sexy!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 12:24:01 am by atwood »

Highlander

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2007, 02:31:58 am »
there are already mermaids in RPGmod, aren't there? Would be a nice easter egg.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2007, 02:33:22 am »
there are already mermaids in RPGmod, aren't there? Would be a nice easter egg.

Yeah, I was tempted to Transfer them over. Maybe I will.

Nethoras

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2007, 07:13:17 pm »
but what about Jim Kraken? seriously, or maybye other doable sea monsters would be cool, no offence, but it would make fishing a LOT less boring, or maybye you are dragged underwater by something like a shark, and you and it are all tangled up, together, so you cant move at all have to fight it, dead on just with blocks and well timed attacks, maybye  you could make it so the scene in which your fighting is under water, and you start above water, and fall veryt very far, so If you cant kill the shark fast enough, you hit the "ground" and die, this could represent your guy drowning, so people have to fight the shark quickly;obviously the shark could be replaced with any nuber of things, Jim kraken of course, the marmaids that 'might' go into the game, a whale?, maybye even a real kraken, annd you have to fight its tentacles or something? Just a suggestion, although I think itr'd be huwicket(wicked in my own special+R toungue)

night raider

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2007, 02:54:34 am »
In my opinion it would be better to spend more time on the "piratey" aspects than the fishing stuff.  Athough it's cool, I don't think fishing should be a major part of a pirate mod.  If all this fantasy sort of stuff is going to be included, how hard would it be to make two versions - one more historical/realistic and one more fantasy/movie based?

Highlander

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2007, 03:00:53 am »
how hard would it be to make two versions - one more historical/realistic and one more fantasy/movie based?
NO.
I want to get this mod before 2010.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2007, 06:33:46 am »
NO.
I want to get this mod before 2010.

Same reasons why all the fishing stuff is not top priority either :)