Author Topic: Ode to The Last Day  (Read 4924 times)

Offline mtarini

• Administrator
  • TLD dev team
    • View Profile
    • (home)
Ode to The Last Day
« on: March 02, 2007, 08:12:11 PM »
The Last Day, how much do I like you?
Let me count the ways...

I love how LOTR is put in context, depicting everyday war-life in Middle Earth in a sober and convincing manner, instead of being an Aragorn-based shoot-em-up.

I love how you can make a little bit of a difference, but not too much,  in a war which is much bigger than you are

I love that the overall result of the war is kept track of. Just love this. One of the most value adding element of this mod.

I love that not every fight must be an even chance. Sometimes it happens that you don't have a chance, and sometime they don't. Realistic.

I love the lack of plate armour, and the fact that everything is in style. This MOD truly is the result of love and dedication.

I just LOVE the fact that Mordor and Isengard wage war at each other once elves and men are down.

I love to see all the skirmishes and minor battles that are the essence of every attrition war, and the fact that most often they are not epic or climax. And I love the occasional "climax" battle moment.

I love to hunt down these large hosts, to occsionally face wargs and trolls, to listen at the movie music while I play  (no, "movie" is not a bad word), that every Rohan lance point is dangerous even to uber PC, and so is a pack of orcs, I love the war cries. I love that feeling that this great game has the potential go get even better.

I love the way it keeps me playing month after month. The single game that I played the longest period of time, and counting (and I have been addicted to games, let me tell you).

Time to say thank-you thank-you and never stop.

(Back to the game now!)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 12:33:53 PM by Merlkir »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Re: Ode to The Last Day
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 02:00:44 AM »
oh...I'm giggling like a cheerleader.. :-[ :) ;) Very nice, it sure kicked my mood up in the morning :)
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

DaBlade

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 03:11:01 AM »
Thank you, mtarini ! :)

Finos

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 04:49:21 AM »
I totally agree! its the best mod out there. ( waiting for the next version) Cheers for a great mod!

Poised

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 05:49:09 AM »
Archers raining arrows of death
The riders close with shields held high
I love the last days.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 05:50:57 AM by Poised »

Kublai_Khan

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 09:58:53 AM »
But where is the trolls ?

At least the archers in the last day are more formidable .

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 10:14:11 AM »
But where is the trolls ?

At least the archers in the last day are more formidable .

hosts of Isengard and Moria have them. If you're evil, you can hire them in Moria.

Archers raining arrows of death
The riders close with shields held high
I love the last days.

nice, shorten it and it's a pretty haiku ;)
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)