login

Author Topic: Reallistic Combat Model for Native  (Read 159664 times)

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Reallistic Combat Model for Native
« Reply #405 on: May 19, 2010, 07:39:50 PM »
Still, if he isn't a physics coder, he mightn't know how to describe the formula to me. It'll take some time, but I should get the formula eventually.

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 20, 2010, 06:24:28 PM »
Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaners!  er um hey,

As far as I know mate weapon dmg is not randomized so as to say it is 100% calculated with physics,  however Armor effect is x.5 to x1 randomized.

You may certainly ask about physics changes, but without asking any programmers I think the physics system hasn't really changed, but then again after you ask your questions I will most certainly obtain some info from them.

Cheers!

Yazzy
This explains the damage randomness, at least partially. If you have Warband, you might want to test what the damage is like without armour randomness.

I'll ask him about more-specific formulas for you.

Hmm... seems there's nothing about changing the armour randomness in the module.ini.... So besides editing code, we may be stuck with that. In know someone who might be able to help you edit the code, if you'd like me to ask.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 06:37:30 PM by Conners »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 20, 2010, 09:06:48 PM »
He has no idea what he is talking about.  Damage on living bodies, without armor, was 0.5 to 1.0 of rated damage, then adding/subtracting bonus items, in every version of M&B up to 1.0x.  The armor damage reduction variable was applied after this calculation, where pierce and blunt weapons did reduce the armor value (originally by 50%, adjustable in the config file beyond .890).  Types of strikes were added to the bonus item calculation in .890, making the damage numbers read more like .50 to 1.35 of rated damage, depending on the details of the attack.

Initial reports from several sources indicate that this calculation has been changed significantly in Warband.

The "physics" he's talking about IS the formula I need.  I mean, really, "35 cut damage" is not a measure of physics - it's an arbitrary value that is plugged into a formula.  If the damage was rated like "350 kilograms per square centimeter, on an edge 60 centimeters long and tapering from 30 microns to 1 cm at a 40 degree angle", then maybe "physics" would be the correct term.  As it is, I need that formula.

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 21, 2010, 01:23:54 AM »
Asked him for the physics formula, and pointed out that one of the physics coders will probably know it. So he'll assumable get the formula off one of them and copy-paste it to me. If that happens, it solves problems where he might get things a bit muddled.

Offline Arkerless

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 07, 2011, 02:22:37 AM »
Did you ever get that formula?

Also, curious if there is an RCM for Native Expansion? Or if there is a list of mods that use RCM that I could try?