login

Author Topic: Is Warband much superior? Also: wargs.  (Read 10814 times)

Offline epthorn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Is Warband much superior? Also: wargs.
« on: February 17, 2015, 02:37:40 AM »
My gaming computer just puttered out so I'm on my laptop and thought I'd either continue my old campaign of TLD on vanilla M&B or try out the warband version. I really haven't played much Warband so I don't know much about it- is it much better than the regular? Worth the d\l and new campaign?

Second... I see some mention of a 'bug' killing off the wargs after their rider is killed. I remember warg-cleanup being particularly tedious. Is there a particular build to find in order to get a version with this 'bug'?

If anyone's still around that is!

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
Re: Is Warband much superior? Also: wargs.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 03:28:08 AM »
My gaming computer just puttered out so I'm on my laptop and thought I'd either continue my old campaign of TLD on vanilla M&B or try out the warband version. I really haven't played much Warband so I don't know much about it- is it much better than the regular? Worth the d\l and new campaign?

Second... I see some mention of a 'bug' killing off the wargs after their rider is killed. I remember warg-cleanup being particularly tedious. Is there a particular build to find in order to get a version with this 'bug'?

Well, the Warband version is just prettier, but slightly worse gameplay-wise and less tested.
About wargs, the latest nightlies make them more bearable and balanced, I hope.

Disappearing mounts were a bug, not a feature. TLD has a well defined design that I don't plan to change.. :)

I made this little quick start page to ease the task of finding and installing the latest patches:
http://tldbot.bitbucket.org

So, go there if you end up installing Warband.
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Offline epthorn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 11:31:56 PM »
Thanks! I wasn't sure if it might have more features than the vanilla version, or if the WB version might have been supported later (and therefore be more stable). I might try it out but I still have my old save game waiting on vanilla anyway...

Offline ajaytech

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 09:38:57 PM »

Well, the Warband version is just prettier, but slightly worse gameplay-wise and less tested.

Disappearing mounts were a bug, not a feature. TLD has a well defined design that I don't plan to change.. :)

I made this little quick start page to ease the task of finding and installing the latest patches:

Swyter,

Are formations fixed for warband yet? That's honestly my favourite part of this mod, the flawless formations that started at the beginning of the battle and how fun it was to order an advance into enemy formations!

Also, how much more bearable are wargs? Cleaning up wargs was super irritating and easily the biggest con of the mod ( It's still my favourite mod anyhow). If they're still a pain to cleanup ( meaning they regen all their heath a second after their rider is dead, they crash through unlimited ranks of men, and they twist and turn making it impossible lance them), would you please consider telling us how to modify our games personal to keep the "bug" that kills the mount when the rider is dead? It would seriously improve the fun of the game!

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 05:58:23 AM »

Swyter,

Are formations fixed for warband yet? That's honestly my favourite part of this mod, the flawless formations that started at the beginning of the battle and how fun it was to order an advance into enemy formations!

Also, how much more bearable are wargs? Cleaning up wargs was super irritating and easily the biggest con of the mod ( It's still my favourite mod anyhow). If they're still a pain to cleanup ( meaning they regen all their heath a second after their rider is dead, they crash through unlimited ranks of men, and they twist and turn making it impossible lance them), would you please consider telling us how to modify our games personal to keep the "bug" that kills the mount when the rider is dead? It would seriously improve the fun of the game!

Read Trello, CppCoder is in charge of formations. He kind of fixed them, but there is some polishing needed.
About wargs, download the latest nightly and check them out. They should keep their low health, no regen.

You've to think of me as a guest, I cannot come here and start changing gameplay elements at will.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:59:57 AM by Swyter »
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit